PDA

View Full Version : Parts bike or custom project maybe?

lilws6
03-17-2010, 08:21 PM
No title! a buddy of mines neighbor had this laying in the grass and just gave it to us seeing as i always ride my bike over there they thought maybe i could do something with it. Well i can't do a whole lot with out a title and its missing a bunch of stuff. so i figured i'de offer it for sale. As of right now i'm not exactly shure what it is i think its a 78' xs750 the vin is 1J7-307068. the motor is siezed at the moment as its been sitting sideways in the grass without an intake of any type on it. I'm looking at trying to get it unstuck if it'll be easy. if its not easy the motor will need a rebuild then. If i can't sell the whole/partial bike then i will commence tearing it down and parting it out. if i can't sell it in parts then i'll just scrap it. witch i hate to do since theres plenty of good parts on this bike still. well heres some pictures of the beast.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/lilws6/forsale/yamaha.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/lilws6/forsale/yamaha4.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/lilws6/forsale/yamaha3.jpg

rally_scort
03-17-2010, 09:21 PM
not to be a dick, but is something like that actually worth something?

-stew-
03-18-2010, 12:40 AM
50/50 diesel and atf in the cylinders and if it was on its side I'd fill the crankcase with as much as it will hold. Dousing the cams and chains might not hurt either. But as to what Clint mentioned, you're prolly wasting your time. There may be a small demand for the motor due to it being a triple, but the rest looks like standard late 70's and early 80's Yamaha junk that prolly no one wants.

lilws6
03-18-2010, 12:52 PM
thats mainly wat i was hoping to get money out of it. was for the motor. so 50/50 diesel/atf fill the case and pop the valve cover off and lube that stuff up and fill the cylinders with the 50/50 as well or just a little bit?

lilws6
03-18-2010, 12:53 PM
i have no idea if its worth anything in this condition i doubt it since in good condition kbb says $890 or something lol

pOrk
03-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Rebuild the motor and build a shifter cart!

-stew-
03-18-2010, 03:03 PM
thats mainly wat i was hoping to get money out of it. was for the motor. so 50/50 diesel/atf fill the case and pop the valve cover off and lube that stuff up and fill the cylinders with the 50/50 as well or just a little bit?

Squirt some in the cyls with a spray bottle, fill the crank case, and squirt some all over the cams and chain if they look rusty when you pop the cover off. Diesel/atf is about the best penetrant around. Better than anything you can buy in the store. If it was me I'd strip it down and scrap it for the cast aluminum. Prolly get a lot more for it that way than trying to sell it.

lilws6
03-19-2010, 09:28 AM
that was more likely what was going end up happening. i would think about using this motor for a shifter cart if i could its shaft driven might be interesting would need some work tho