PDA

View Full Version : I finally got a ticket for no front plate today

Yooformula
06-02-2004, 10:39 PM
What a crock of poo. I was driving past Southridge and a Greenfield cop whipped a ***** to give me a no front plate ticket. Now, I have friends that are cops and I wasnt trying to be a d!ck(couldnt help it really) but I would not let up arguing with him until he admitted that it was a "bullsh!t" ticket. He even tried to compare a no front plate to a seat belt ticket, then changed his tone when I asked him what is the worst case scenario between not having a front plate vs not wearing a seat belt in a wreck :tomato . Pure dogsh!t I tell ya. No front plate has got to be the dumbest farking pile of poo I have had the displeasure of dealing with in this state. I had to remind him that a majority of the rest of the country dont require front plates but I guess Wi needs to hit up their residents for yet more money somehow:ripped:Ok, I am done venting.

PB86MCSS
06-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear it. I refuse to put a plate on my SS in front too. I know its a risk and obey laws but thats one I do not ;). I have so far only gotten one warning and it was in West Allis just before crusing started one night after a BK show 2 years ago. I simply told the cop the truth that it was recently repainted and a new nose put on and I didn't want to drill holes in it. He just ran my license and sent me on my way without a hassle and asked if I was cruising. Simply said no(was going home anyways before crusing started).

I will think of a lame thing to attach the plate from the bumper bar if I get a warning and need to go to a station to prove its on...then go home and take it off. :tomato

Its a queer law and wish we were like many other states that don't even issue front plates....they make revenue with the tickets but making half the amount of plates would also save money too :).

I think its just an excuse by most cops to run your license and maybe give a warning...to give a ticket is pretty anal retentive. :guns1

Yooformula
06-02-2004, 10:56 PM
I guess I got lucky for this to be my only plate ticket in 5 years but it still pisses me off. The funny thing was that you could see that the cop was rethinking the ticket after he wrote it but couldnt change it. I hope that he will rethink the next plate ticket he is about to give out after my argument today. :argue

Burgandy85SS
06-02-2004, 11:03 PM
I also got pulled over in my SS several years ago in whitnal park (when the SS was still my dads) and they gave me a ticket and 10 days to put the plate on. If I put the plate on the fine would be droped, so I found the plate in a box in the basement tied it to the left side of the grill and took it to the greendale police station. The fine was droped and 10 minutes later back at home the string was cut and no more plate.
A couple weeks ago in washington county I was stopped on the freeway for no plate on my Caddy and got just a warning. I think front plates look like $hit

PB86MCSS
06-02-2004, 11:10 PM
I think only cars with molded in parts to their bumpers should have them...if your front is smooth otherwise no plate :D.

I only drive my SS 2-3k a year so its not a daily or anything and less risk....plus I rarely drive it at night and don't bother with hwy 100 anymore much either.

Prince Valiant
06-02-2004, 11:15 PM
I guess I got lucky for this to be my only plate ticket in 5 years but it still pisses me off. The funny thing was that you could see that the cop was rethinking the ticket after he wrote it but couldnt change it. I hope that he will rethink the next plate ticket he is about to give out after my argument today. :argue uh, he was probably thinking of other tickets he could pile onto you and if it was worth having to listen to you from your soapbox :goof

I know in the milw county courts, they will usually ask if you've gotten the problem fixed and if yes, they'll dimiss it. I was in once to contest a ticket and they asked all the individuals who were there for registration violations, when they raised their hands, they then asked "are your vehicles registered?" Those that said yes were allowed to leave...greenfield courts have more time on thier hands though :rolleyes:

SloFarmTruck
06-03-2004, 12:02 AM
this is z28kid98...

this is the line i use EVERYTIME i've been pulled over....

My father's Z06 doesn't have it and he hasn't been pulled over in the year he's owned that car. His '95 vette he had for 1.5 years did not have it, His '99 Z nor his '01 SS had it and yet during those years of ownership never once was pulled over. And being that this car was previously owned by him, I know he was never pulled over. Now I ask you why? Could it be because of age discrimination/profiling? My lawyer thinks so.

I say that in the most polite, respectful manner possible and even with a smile on my face :) I never have gotten a front plate ticket and all the cop usually says is that I should tell my dad to put the plate on his car because it's the law.

It's a BS ticket and like others have said, it's a fix it ticket. If i ever do get one, i'll ziptie it on and then take it off again. Hell i just "broke" ;) my front grille area off of my Z so I have no bracket.

Chris

SMS 1
06-03-2004, 12:03 AM
Front plates totally suck ass. I almost never have one on (except for when I was pimpin the Buick around). I got a warning once, zip tied the plate on, got the 15day dropped, went home and cut the f*cker off. Besides where the hell am I supposed to put that pile of crap on the nose of my '94 GTP? The damn thing holds enough heat under the hood as it is that in stop and go traffic the fan is on and off more than I am on and off the brakes! And now you want me to cover up the air intake leading to the radiator!? :flipoff2: Suck it f*ckers- I'll put a plate on the front of my car when all emissions laws are lifted. Howz aboot dem apples?

I do however keep the spare scrap metal crap under my spare in the trunk in case I ever need it quickly. Besides I would lose it otherwise :goof

Yooformula
06-03-2004, 12:51 AM
uh, he was probably thinking of other tickets he could pile onto you and if it was worth having to listen to you from your soapbox :goof

Hahaha. Thats what I was thinking at the time too. I was almost worried that he was gonna say fark it and look under the car then nail me for good. :goof

Silver350
06-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Greendale is notorious for giving out no front plate tickets. If people stop stealing from southridge and start driving with front plates on there cars there really isnt much reason for cops in that small city (JMO)

JC70SS
06-03-2004, 09:28 AM
LOL when the Elm Grove PD gave me a warning for not having one I laughed and told them I am still not puting one on.

jbiscuit
06-03-2004, 09:52 AM
I got a warning in Racine County about a year ago and I told the cop the same thing Joe....He asked me "so you gonna go home and put it on then?" My reply, "no." :tomato

GTSLOW
06-03-2004, 03:33 PM
I filled the front license plate mounting holes on my bumper w/ bondo. I'll just say "Officer where would I mount it from?"

SlowStee
06-03-2004, 04:01 PM
so how much is the ticket? ive never had one on, i think its whether the cop feels like being an asshole or not

turbogarrett
06-03-2004, 05:23 PM
my car was originally from georgia and did not come with the mounting bracket, i'm sure as hell not going to drill holes in it. i have been pulled over 3 times without it, but suprisingly they did not hassle me about it. don't these damn cops have anything better to do? all these civics and saturns around here with mismatched body panels, shopping cart rear wings and vinyl, now that should be a crime!

WhiteZCamaro
06-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Well with in the 3yrs that i've owned my car i've been pulled over 5 times for no front plate, it sucks cause my dad has owned is camaro since '97 and has never been pulled over for it. Stupid front plate :flipoff2:

Al
06-03-2004, 06:55 PM
I've had a few of those.

PB86MCSS
06-03-2004, 09:48 PM
all these civics and saturns around here with mismatched body panels, shopping cart rear wings and vinyl, now that should be a crime!

It is! :D

www.ricecop.com

I've never handed any out but I printed a bunch off and have been very tempted sometimes.

TK 14 SS
06-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Just be glad that you guys don't live in Sheboygan. I just got pulled for it yesterday and was informed that they now have a "task force" working on plate violations (i.e. no front, plastic covers, etc...). So instead of getting it for illegal tint, illegal exhaust, or any other number of things I'm now forced to put the damned thing on! How gay is that!??!! a frickin' task force working on plates instead of doing something much better with their time and my money :fire

JR HAWK 9
06-04-2004, 04:04 PM
what a crock!! I have also been pulled over numerous times for no front plate, but never given a ticket. I recieved a couple "fix it" warnings when I lived up in Grafton and lived near an Ozaukee Co. cop who loved my car so he just signed them off for me w/o having me change them :)

I will be driving through Sheboygan Sat. morning...

Paul

Just be glad that you guys don't live in Sheboygan. I just got pulled for it yesterday and was informed that they now have a "task force" working on plate violations (i.e. no front, plastic covers, etc...). So instead of getting it for illegal tint, illegal exhaust, or any other number of things I'm now forced to put the damned thing on! How gay is that!??!! a frickin' task force working on plates instead of doing something much better with their time and my money :fire

Lash
06-04-2004, 08:18 PM
After 1 warning and two tickets... I decided to put my front plate on. Buncha crap I tell ya!