PDA

View Full Version : my week so far...

Zkid14
06-02-2004, 09:19 PM
:rolleyes: well here's what happened...

started out on monday when i decided to install the front shocks and springs on my car. (would have done the rears but i dont have the struts yet that i order 3 weeks ago) took off my front right wheel and snapped a stud :fire . fixed that later but anyway.. Pulled the passenger side set-up and stuck it on the compressor, then i stripped the **** out of the nut that held the upper mount on (by the way this is 12:30 on monday when i got to the shop). so i spent the next hour'ish drilling, hammering, cutting, chiseling trying to get the dam nut off. Nut came off then the strut wouldnt fall cuz i bent the top threads :loser , so after more hammering, cutting etc it fell through...put in the new shock/spring and put it together (all i needed was the upper strut mount cuz i didnt wanna pay 80 bux i piece for new ones). then i moved to the driver side where i figured out i had to move the master and the abs to get at the 2 little torex drive bolts. nearly stipping that bolt too, i put that all together and put it back in the car...

now this is 900 ish at night cuz i worked from 1230-330 then baseball practice then 630-930 :wooo but that include replacing my wheel stud and my buddies...so 5 hours of work (still horrible)

put it on the ground....it sat 3 inches higher then stock ^*&^)(*&(*!!!!! didnt lube of the rings so it wouldnt adjust with all the spring tension...called it a day. Came back today (wednesday) popped it all out and back in within 40 minutes :rockwoot: using some toilet wax between the rings to make em adjustable. put it on the ground....sat 2.5 inches too low BUT now with the wax it was adjustable, so moved it up and now its good, rides AWESOME too :banana

forgot to mention that week earlier i tried this but then relized i need the spring cup after i took apart the passenger side.

ps took me 4 hours to put on my rims/tires too but thats a whole nother story :Hump

-Matt

Yooformula
06-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Sounds like you had fun :-P

Zkid14
06-03-2004, 02:22 PM
haha, workin on my car is always fun...would have been better if --> :alcoholic

Syclone0044
06-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Damn, sounds like how my projects usually go (minus the stripped bolts. I'm famous for being extra careful not to over-tighten fastners :goof)

but that include replacing my wheel stud and my buddies...so 5 hours of work (still horrible) Boy you know a job was tough, when it even required replacing your buddies! :goof

Glad to hear you got it all working though!