PDA

View Full Version : $150,000 in my hand right now!!!

Russ Jerome
03-15-2010, 07:55 PM
And I cant give it away! The rant:

Have had an accepted offer since September with closing dates in Oct,Nov and Dec that were all ignored by Bank of America, gave up until they called my realtor and said they still want to sell the vacant home and started the whole thing over again in January.

This time I had to put all utilities in my name to get appraisal done (Bank of America unreachable to do it themselves) and fully insured in my name for closing day of March 5th, fixed some leaking plumbing on my own dime and hauled out all the crap.....they had 5 months to get paperwork in order but just were not ready for the 5th. Meanwhile I have a casheirs check ready to go, actualy aproved to well over $250k with $150 fluid ready to go.

Punch line? My realtor just said not to bother taking this Friday off, Bank of America has not been heard from for the closing date of the 19th !

I'm gonna be out at least a grand if I walk away right now, not counting Obamas $8k credit if I don't find another home soon. People don't flip out and pipe bomb places, they are pushed over the edge and start killing!

pOrk
03-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Russ, have you tried to get a hold of someones boss over there at BOA? There has gotta be something you can do, this is getting crazy.

Crawlin
03-15-2010, 08:16 PM
That's absolutely rediculous. 100% bullshit.

I'd be spending all this time calling anyone and everyone just bitching them out. If something goes south, get a real estate attorney and have them draft up a letter demaning reimbursement of that money you had invested and wasted time money wasn't in bank. Yeah it's kinda bullshit letter, but might be that scare tactic that works.

Russ Jerome
03-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Bank of America/ Countrywide are the scum suckers of the mortgage world, you can find there e-mail adress' but like the government there is no 1-800- what- the F number to dial...trust me there are Nationwide forums for realtors to try and deal with them. The have the worst reputation of any motrgage company in the USA.....wish I knew that last September!

http://www.shortsalesuperstars.com/group/bankofamericashortsales

Its like all that Obama money has the bank fat cats so pig rich they could care less if any of these foreclosure ever sell ;( My bitch is the same as others, sitting in the front window with a bag of cash for months and months, empty house and they could care less while the home owners go from short sale to forclosure (government insured after foreclosure...coincidence?).

03CVLX
03-15-2010, 10:53 PM
That's just absolutely insane. I despise Bank of America and I only had a stupid Credit card thru them. Absolutely worst company I have ever had to deal with.

I hope it works out in your favor Russ, and very soon!!

wikked
03-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Bank of America, Contact us

(Mortgage) 1.800.669.6607 (Existing Customers)
(Checking) 1.800.432.1000
(CDs & IRAs) 1.888.827.1812
(Credit card lost or stolen) 1.800.732.9194
(Online banking tech support) 1.800.933.6262
(Home equity) 1.800.934.5626
(Auto, Boat, RV and Aircraft Loans) 1.800.215.6195

:P

Other Mortagage related BoA phone numbers:
1.800.551.7975 (Purchase)
1.800.990.6248 (Get a fixed rate)
1.800.763.1085 (ReFi)

If the main one I listed at the top of the post doesn't work, I'm sure one of those 3 could direct your call with enough persuasion :)

Russ Jerome
03-16-2010, 12:40 AM
At 46yrs old I think I have been thru plenty, emergency room stays, months in jails, raising 4 kids well, rolling vehicles, jumped from a plane, bar fights, root canals, lost relatives and freinds....THIS IS UP THERE WITH THE MOST FRUSTRATING THING I HAVE EVER GONE THRU!!

Its not like your dealing face to face, the loss midigation and sales mediation is all done online now, no guy across the table you can haul off and whack in the head (luckily for them at this point). When/if it closes a BOA employee wont even be their to bitch at, the paperwork is faxxed from TX or something.

jbiscuit
03-16-2010, 07:42 AM
I feel your pain Russ. This really sucks. I have Bank of America for my mortgager. While they haven't been bad like this, they aren't great to me either. They screw up paying my property taxes every year. Had them for 4 years now. Stay on it Russ! You'll get it worked out. Its a headache now but once you are in the house, it'll all be worth it.

xxsn0blindxx
03-16-2010, 07:48 AM
You should definitely take this to contact 6 or one of the other news stations. This would make a great news story and they might be bale to help out.

Exitspeed
03-16-2010, 09:14 AM
That's the way things are going man. You are not alone. My wife has a deal on a property on Beloit. They've been waiting for approval from the bank for 3 months. She calls them every week for updates. The banks are so ridiculous.

Good luck.

Russ Jerome
03-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Speeding up foreclosed sales and short sales is on the top of Obamas aids list, well at least during the election and the recovery plan......

Its so common It wont raise any eyebrows at TMJ6, there are 3 page rants on realtor sites about how banks are foreclosing faster than they will release sales. Everybody just sits around wondering why the economy continues to tank like house sales.....uh your kidding right?

There are realtor sites that tell people NOT TO PAY their mortgage payments if they are facing bankrupt filings, they say save their money because they have several months before the banks will even care (federaly insured loans).

Korndogg
03-16-2010, 05:22 PM
wtf is TMJ6????

:p

eyeball
03-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Fuck the fuckers! Burn the motherfuckin house down and start over. Find another place that has a bigger garage. I know of a cozy little bungalow on the southside...

wrath
03-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Did you get such a great deal on it that you'll never find another one like it? Is the house so unique and you liked it so much that you'll never find another one like it?

What I was offering on foreclosures a year ago is what similar houses are being listed for now... only people still live in 'em. Makes me appreciate not buying a house last year.

I offered the people with the listing below a lot more than what they want now a year ago when they had their house listed for $227k. It's listed for $190k now.

Car Guy
03-17-2010, 10:58 AM
I was very surprised to learn the person who bought our house (via short sale through HSBC :headbang) works for Bank of America IN the short sales department. She said the sole reason Bank of America is horrible with short sales is a severe lack of employees assigned to work on them. She also told us Bank of America is now hiring 1200 short sale employees to combat the issue.....

xxsn0blindxx
03-17-2010, 04:32 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/business/88203872.html

Shopping for a home? Tell us about it.

Updated: March 17, 2010 4:00 p.m.

Are you shopping for a home and planning to buy this spring? If you're willing to talk with a reporter about it, please e-mail Paul Gores at pgores@journalsentinel.com. Please include a phone number.

Russ Jerome
03-17-2010, 04:55 PM
E-mail sent Joe, thanks for the heads up.

Russ Jerome
03-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Did you get such a great deal on it that you'll never find another one like it? Is the house so unique and you liked it so much that you'll never find another one like it?

There are plenty of ok homes for the money out there, Im not moving within Milwaukee for an "ok" home*. Im unfortunately using an FHA loan on top of it, there are lot of homes needing minor repairs I would love to own but they simply wont pass FHA guidlines (paint peeling, shingles needing replacing). The 203k/ FHA loans are few and far between, I've not met a lender willing to jump thru that hoop for me at least :(

* this home is new everything mechanical, huge yard on dead end rd ect, ya for my aproved offer its an outstanding deal worth killing someone over for what I want in a house (wooded back drop within city, large lot).

Russ Jerome
03-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Update: Mass e-mails to numerous BOA people by my wife stating our experience and our planned interview with Journal next tuesday (thanks Joe!) and suddenly we may be closing next mon or tue....will believe it when it happens but major steps ahead it looks like. Im still waiting on replies or police visit from my e-mails to the CEO/VP at BOA on how I planned on handeling it.

xxsn0blindxx
03-18-2010, 06:25 PM
LOL nice, good luck!

Coops Brother
03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I heard somewhere that petting a puppy lowers your blood pressure...... cooler heads prevail Russ, usually!

Russ Jerome
03-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I did get a puppy recently! Mine is only #89 right now.
http://www.sovranacanecorso.com/canecorsomastiff.JPG
Nothing like a Cane Corso (Italian Death Mastiff) to bring for show and tell to your sellers bank when they go home at night :)

Seriously happy, Bank of America is my new favorite bank!

hrsp
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
more pics of the "puppy" looks adorable!!!

Russ Jerome
03-28-2010, 10:29 PM
11 months or so, 90# or so now.
http://sites.google.com/site/morejunksite/_/rsrc/1264984235573/home/mayawhisker.JPG?height=352&width=400
Maya love the back yard, fenced and large area.