PDA

View Full Version : Men's wood bat baseball league: players wanted

PB86MCSS
03-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Want to play baseball again, but don't have enough time to commit to a full summer of baseball? Then don't miss your chance to play in the inaugural season of this wood bat baseball league held at Horn Field in Muskego. Each team will play a total of 6 games (4 regular season and 2 post-season) on Sunday afternoons throughout the summer. To keep the league as competitive as possible, each team will be hand selected by league officials to distribute the talent as evenly as can be.

To play, each player must return the following:
1. Completed Player Registration Card
2. Signed Liability Waiver
3. Check for $30 payable to "The Baseball Classic, LLC"

Please mail all three items to The Baseball Classic, LLC at S80 W17540 Haven Ct, Muskego, WI 53150.

Registration is open until April 1st or a total of 48 players have registered. As of March 4th, there are only 35 spots open. So don't delay, otherwise you're going to miss out!

To find out more information, please visit our website; http://thebaseballclassic.shutterfly.com/brewcitybaseball. If you have other questions, please feel free to contact Eric Petersen at eric@petersenassoc.com or 262-424-9619.

Looking forward to seeing you on the field!!

*The above I cut and pasted from a friend of mine who sent it out in e-mail to people we know who might be interested, we are both part of a group starting/running this league, so feel free to ask me any questions. This will be more for the average guy than Land O' Lakes, etc. but all skill levels are welcome. So far the age ranges of people joining are 20-33ish, some of us have played competitively through High School or even College (one guy will be a Senior) and some are good athletes who have played before or play softball...and some are very "mildly" athletic but like playing and want to have a good time.

wikked
03-12-2010, 11:55 PM
fffffffffuuuuu that's kinda far :(

PB86MCSS
03-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Muskego? Where are you located?

wikked
03-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Racine/Caledonia.
Maybe if it was a Fri/Sat... I like being lazy on Sundays :]

PB86MCSS
03-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Ha...Muskego isn't too too far from there! But I understand, Sunday's seem like the best day though as the least busy typically anyway.

PB86MCSS
03-25-2010, 07:17 PM
TTT

Still have room for a handful of players! Deadline is a week away.

Car Guy
03-27-2010, 12:10 AM
This opportunity is very tempting, however after playing softball for three years my swing has drastically changed and there is a high probability I would ‘cut air’ trying to hit a hardball pitch......

PureSound15
03-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Wow! Just saw this.

Definitely doing this once I'm back in the area.

PB86MCSS
03-31-2010, 08:38 PM
When are you back in the area?

Registration is ending very soon, only a handful of spots left yet...alot of verbal "yesses" but whoever gets their forms/fees in first counts.

As for playing after doing softball, alot or most of the league plays softball too....if you haven't played or hit baseball pitching in years it might be a struggle, but that's what cages are for :D . And just all around practice.