PDA

View Full Version : caravan down to spring cruise

93RedDevilZ28
06-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Alright, who wants to meet at the hales corners park n' ride at 7:30 and caravan down to the spring cruise meeting location?

Firefighter Z
06-01-2004, 10:46 PM
hey you wanna meet at the ryan road Mc Donalds in Oak Creek, Im bringing a friend in a V6 bird , sorta short notice but more people the better right...

But anyways since ya gotta go down the freeway towards Racine hwy 20, would that be a problem if you met us there?

Let me know, ASAP.. Thanks
Josh

Heat Seeker WS6
06-02-2004, 07:25 AM
I'll meet you there Zach.

Sexy83TA
06-02-2004, 12:09 PM
I'll be at the Hales Corners Location too.

BAD LS1
06-02-2004, 12:11 PM
Yeah me 3 !! Is anyone gonna be pissed off if i run open headers??

Heat Seeker WS6
06-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Huh...What?

Sexy83TA
06-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah me 3 !! Is anyone gonna be pissed off if i run open headers??

Not gunna ride in my beast?!?!?!?!?

BAD LS1
06-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Not gunna ride in my beast?!?!?!?!?

Im skeered!!! :3gears:

Sexy83TA
06-03-2004, 08:08 AM
Im skeered!!! :3gears:

I know its intimidating, did you see it at the track last night? I flew like it had wings or something :bsflag, but I'll drive real nice for you. No need to worry!!

93RedDevilZ28
06-04-2004, 03:50 PM
ok, last call, anyone who wishes to caravan down to the meeting spot tomorrow should meet up with us at the hales corners park 'n ride tomorrow at 7:30. We will leave at 7:45.

MitchMeister-
06-04-2004, 04:01 PM
ARGH. now i have to go to my sister's v-ball tourny. I even took off to come too.

What did you run heather? ?

Sexy83TA
06-06-2004, 09:28 AM
ARGH. now i have to go to my sister's v-ball tourny. I even took off to come too.

What did you run heather? ?

Well considering all I have done to my car is exhaust I cant' be too pissed about my time, but I got a 16.3. Thats .2 seconds better then last year though.

And if you mean took off for the cruise, dont feel bad. I bailed out of it at about 11:15 when we got to Delafield. It was very unsafe, my car cant handle taking blind turns going 45mph, and going around areas I dont even know at 90, I even got yelled at that I wasnt going fast enough and if I dont speed it up that I will be holding the group up and such. I was just nervous and tense and whole ******* time, doesnt help when all these 4th Gens ride my ass trying to get me to speed up. So the moment I knew where the hell I was, I went home. Doubt I'll be going to another one anytime soon.

Heat Seeker WS6
06-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Heather- I'm sorry you had to bail out the way you did. My problem with the cruise is that it's run like the cannonball, and not a leisure "cruise". You made a wise decision in getting out when you did.

john

Sexy83TA
06-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Heather- I'm sorry you had to bail out the way you did. My problem with the cruise is that it's run like the cannonball, and not a leisure "cruise". You made a wise decision in getting out when you did.

john

Yeah, I had the impression it was a leisure cruise, instead it was just insane, at least to me it was. My car can't handle all that. Even Tom was getting pissed and such because of it. Driving so insane in areas you dont even know. Its just not worth the risk. And I felt pressured not to hold people up. So im glad I left, and Tom wanted me to as well. Its one thing to drive thoughs kinds of roads for a while, but thats all we did. It became overload very fast.

Anyways, it was nice to be able to put of a face to another name at least, even if we didnt talk at all.

Syclone0044
06-06-2004, 12:39 PM
When is the next cruise!!!! It sounds AWESOME!!!!! I will run my truck, or if it's "F BODYS ONLY", I will buy gas for anyone with a 4th gen who lets me ride!! :headbang

02hawk796
06-06-2004, 02:27 PM
I bailed out of it at about 11:15 when we got to Delafield....

Holy Cow! I didn't know why you had left, and we spent some time searching for you, to no avail.
I had heard that some people didn't hear or heed that each driver could go their own speed on each road, but I hadn't heard that anybody had chastized somebody else. I wish I could say just ignore those people, but it's a little late now. If you ever do come on another Cruise, please ignore these people. Although 'leisurely' was not the intent this time, everybody should have felt comfortable and as safe as they wanted to be. You could have had people pass you, if that would have helped. Nobody should have been pushy like it sounds they were to you. At the stops, people could rearrange themselves behind other cars, for variety and preference.
Nobody was expected to keep up to the car in front of them. Some F-bods were made with 4 cylinders, so there is a wide range of vehicle characteristics, and it is unreasonable to assume all could perform the same, even with identical drivers, which we are not. Due to the nature of a large group of cars, there will be a distinct compression and refraction of group density as we go through stop signs, etc. Driving near the front and near the back will be completely different experiences. Some drivers want to push their car, and some don't (or can't). All should feel confident that they can go at their desired speed, not get lost (people from IL and IN come along), not get left behind, and can enjoy their car and the road. You may have noticed I pulled in front of you at some point along Town line road. Then I kept you, for the most part, in my rear view mirror, so you wouldn't have to push much to "keep up". You can consider those ahead of you to be your 'advance scout' for road hazards, traffic, etc. You probably noticed that no matter what our speed, we still caught up and had to wait for the cars ahead of us at Stop signs, and that's as intended, so everybody knows they will have a car to 'follow' at the next turn. You must have thought I was crazy when I turned my right blinker on in Little Prairie and it probably stayed on for some time - that was our scheduled turn, and some 'detouring' was done for about 10 min after that. (and I'm sorry if I ignored radio traffic for a little while, as I was on the phone).
I'll get off my soapbox now, but I really am sorry you didn't enjoy yourself and your car. We can always give you directions home from any point in a cruise, and show you a map with the roads, also. If you want to ride shotgun with me on one, just say so - my passengers have veto (or governing) power on a Cruise.

It was nice to put another face and car together, too. Since I was helping the lug nut guy while you were at East Troy, I wish you would have stopped at Delafield with us. Say hi another time when you see me.

Sexy83TA
06-08-2004, 10:00 AM
When is the next cruise!!!! It sounds AWESOME!!!!! I will run my truck, or if it's "F BODYS ONLY", I will buy gas for anyone with a 4th gen who lets me ride!! :headbang

You know, I don't know you, but to me it sounds like you made that comment just to spite me. You hear me and Tom complaining about the cruise and you jump in sounding like a compleate fucker. And yes its just F-bodies so I dont know why you want to bother.

Sexy83TA
06-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Well Ron, I appreaciate your comment. Maybe we should have stopped in Delafield and said we were leaving but I guess at that moment in time I wasnt in much of a mood to be social. I think the combination of my car, me not being familiar with the area we were in, and the assholes riding my ass just got really old way too fast.

I did notice you pulled infront of me and I assumed it was to make me feel more comfortable since indeed I was always able to see you up ahead, so I thank you for that. And with the turn signal thing, I knew what it was about. I heard on the radio that we were suppose to make a right turn after the cematary but it was obviously overlooked so it wasnt a mystery to me.

Either way I think both me and Tom have said our conserns, and voiced our opinions. If I ever do go on a cruise again I know what to be prepared for unlike this time. Either way, Thank you.

DamonZ28
06-08-2004, 04:02 PM
I heard on the radio that we were suppose to make a right turn after the cematary but it was obviously overlooked so it wasnt a mystery to me.

Ron had called me on my cell phone right as that turn was coming up, and I was not as familiar with that area as I should have been. I missed the marker on my GPS, with that distraction! Sorry for leading everyone on a wild goose chase. :crying

Anyway, I don't know if you've read the thread over on the MFBA board - the cruise pace is going to be slowed down greatly, and pressure won't be tolerated. I won't lie and say the driving won't be spirited at times, but we won't be pushing the limits as on this past cruise.

One of the MFBA members that was on the 2001 Spring Cruise was shocked at what people were saying about the cruise - he thought the 2001 cruise was indeed a Sunday-afternoon-type cruise. We'd like to return it to that style.

Syclone0044
06-08-2004, 05:46 PM
You know, I don't know you, but to me it sounds like you made that comment just to spite me. You hear me and Tom complaining about the cruise and you jump in sounding like a compleate fucker. And yes its just F-bodies so I dont know why you want to bother. The accuracy of your reply started off good, but quickly diminished immediately after "I don't know you". However, if you had known me, you'd know I'm the kind of person who completely enjoys living life on the edge and driving balls to the walls. I raced at Road America and it was a blast. I've gone on "spirited driving cruises" by myself numerous times and giggled the whole time since it was so much fun. The opportunity to do it with other people sounds even more fun, and the reason I made the post I did is because this one sounds like it was incredibly exciting!! You can not deny that fact, although I am sorry it turned out to be different than what you expected. I agree from the way it sounds like things went, it should have been billed as a "Cannonball" run instead of a "Spring Cruise". I don't beleive much in the way of "cruising" actually occured. So while you may have had a poor time, I am certain there was a bunch of guys out there having a total blast and I wish I was one of them.

As for my truck, I beleive it speaks for itself; you've seen it at the dragstrip. Although I will mention that the skidpad rating of my truck is the same as your 83 Trans Am - if you have the WS6 package.

Finally as far as mistakenly directing vulgarities towards someone you don't know; apologies are accepted in the form of public posts, PMs, or Oscar Burgers :goof

SSmike1
06-09-2004, 07:01 AM
YES, i agree with Josh,
He is a Very Cool Dude, and does not deserve to have Obsenities hurled at him, Heather.

He (Josh), meant nothing towards you, (Heather), or John. thats John, not Tom?

And Josh, you are welcome to ride in my F-body anytime!
and you know me, I'll be in the Fastest Group! :)

BUT, no one should have had to go home disturbed or pissed,
I think you should have let the people who want to go faster, Pass you up?

No one HAS to go any faster than what they are comfortable with.

I'm sure Zack (93REDz28) has got a good perspective on that? :wooo

so in Summary, Josh is exactly right Heather, YOU OWN HIM AN APOLOGY!

:)

Sexy83TA
06-09-2004, 09:42 AM
so in Summary, Josh is exactly right Heather, YOU OWN HIM AN APOLOGY!

:)

First off I will not give Josh an apology. When I read that original post my first reaction was that you threw it in my face. That you wrote that purely to spite me and nothing more. So if you didnt mean it that way, be more clear next time.

Im done complaining about the cruise. Its over and its in the past. I agree that im sure many people had a blast, I just wasnt one of them. If you want to risk your car and possibly more on racing like a maniac around places you dont know, so be it. That may be your idea of fun. Whatever.

"So in summary, you are not right, and I do not owe you an apology."

BAD LS1
06-09-2004, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure what you're point is :confused the starter of this topic said:

I think this above post by you was percieved by me in the same fashion that Heather percieved your latest post about "wanting to go along".

Its sounds very friction laden.... You may say that you dont mean it like that but you need to make things more clear if thats not actually what you mean.

The quoted post is a perfect example from you to me.

1LuvNZ28Girly
06-09-2004, 12:47 PM
I was just looking over this board reading some posts made about the spring cruise, I was there with my boyfriend on Saturday & it turned out to be a great day weather wise and me and josh thought it was a lot of fun , there were a lot of nice people there..(It was our first cruise)..with that said there were some twists & turns that were down right scary going at high speeds cause you never know whats going to be coming around that corner & if you didnt go fast enough thats when the group kind of got mixed up, so in my opionion I think if anything thats where people should be the most careful.. However to turn this event into one big "Sunday leisurely cruise" would be a big downer because on the big open roads you cant help but lite it up big time its what SS/Z28/WS6/FORMULAS/FIREHAWk'S and so on are made for..and i think if Speed isnt for you then you should stay in the back of the pack so people dont say stuff to you or just don't go because sunday leisurely cruises are for Crown Vic's & station wagons. Im not trying to be rude or anything but thats just my opionion, Its okay to drive fast as long as you use common sense and know what your doing which im assuming most people do.

~Jess~

jbiscuit
06-09-2004, 02:38 PM
sunday leisurely cruises are for Crown Vic's & station wagons.

~Jess~

That would mean that your boyfriend could whoop me then since he has a Z28 and I have a station wagon...I mean since Z28's are meant to go fast and station wagons are meant for Sunday cruises and all. Hmm, call me slow but that sounds like a challenge. Maybe if I beat him he will take his "Imports Suck" sticker off his radiator shroud.

MoreTorque
06-09-2004, 02:59 PM
That would mean that your boyfriend could whoop me then since he has a Z28 and I have a station wagon...I mean since Z28's are meant to go fast and station wagons are meant for Sunday cruises and all. Hmm, call me slow but that sounds like a challenge. Maybe if I beat him he will take his "Imports Suck" sticker off his radiator shroud.

:argue :argue :argue The last thing this thread needs is one more thing to argue about

BAD LS1
06-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Yeah i agree i give up at this point. I for one hate drama and this a rare occasion where i fed into it so my points are all used up LOL.

Im done...

DamonZ28
06-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Yeah, we're getting to the point of beating this: :shades

http://wald.heim.at/urwald/541469/schnappschuesse/dead-horse.jpg