PDA

View Full Version : Good road trips?

BoosTT
03-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions on a good rood trips? I was thinking 500ish miles one way, because I'll take my rocket.

xxtremeteam
03-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I hear memphis TN,is a blast havent gone myself but plan to soon, great food and lots of cool bars

0TransAm0
03-10-2010, 09:35 AM
just start riding with no plan..when your done for the nite find a hotel wake up and keep riding...

lilws6
03-10-2010, 09:45 AM
if your going to TN you gata hit deals gap/ tail of the dragon. a buddy of mine was tryign to set somethign up for the few of us to do a tour around wisconsin in a day and coming back to the dells to sleep. hit up some twisty roads if you can find them and the dragon is the twistyest
http://wetandem.dnsalias.org/Photos/2004/2004TTR/RealImages/TailOfDragon.gif

Crawlin
03-10-2010, 12:39 PM
memphis was awesome. the trip we took to nashville and then down through Natchez Trace in Alabama/Mississippi and then up to Memphis was INCREDIBLE. wasabout 1700 miles total. it HURT on a Harley, so don't expect much on the rocket. I'd rather trailer it down to there and then ride. Especially the Deal's Gap ride. There are a couple others out there that are better because they are less crowded.

pOrk
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Let me know when and where, I wanna go too

MoCkiN U
03-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Ryan was talking about a country ride last fall that Im not sure if happened due to distance but it was going up north to door county I think???

I have always wanted to drive route 66 maybe someday that will happen but for sure that would be in a car so that doesnt help you out.

maybe put something like a throttlemeister on your bike or similar to give your right hand a rest on a long ride like that.

MoCkiN U
03-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Okay........

Just saw this posted on gixxer.com and this is freakin COOOOOOL!!

Shows motorcyle roads per state and color codes them by their primary characteristic: Scenic; Sweeping Curves; Twisties; and Unpaved

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/index.html

Flicktitty
03-10-2010, 06:52 PM
if your going to TN you gata hit deals gap/ tail of the dragon. a buddy of mine was tryign to set somethign up for the few of us to do a tour around wisconsin in a day and coming back to the dells to sleep. hit up some twisty roads if you can find them and the dragon is the twistyest

i know alot of car guys that go to the dragon and they say there is a ALOT of roads that are just as good if not better then the dragon that are all within 20-30 miles of the dragon that aren't nearly as busy. just a thought google maps is your friend.

lilws6
03-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Okay........

Just saw this posted on gixxer.com and this is freakin COOOOOOL!!

Shows motorcyle roads per state and color codes them by their primary characteristic: Scenic; Sweeping Curves; Twisties; and Unpaved

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/index.html

that does seem cool but one of the twisty road i found on there at the thumb of wisconsin on the island lol don't think i'm gana have much fun out there i've been there and don't think you can go that fast:thumbsup some of the other ones i might have to look into tho

Al
03-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Once it gets warm again, I'm going for another extended bike ride.

Deals Gap is great. You might also want to consider the Blue Ridge Parkway or Shenandoah's Skyline Drive. Unfortunately, they are all about 650 miles or more away. You also have to spend 200 miles in Indiana, which sucks more than anything else.

Fast SVT
03-19-2010, 11:07 PM
The roads out in Sturgis are much better than the dragon.

Iron mountain road etc...

MoCkiN U
03-20-2010, 05:06 AM
large portions of the gap are closed right now due to a rock slide FYI