PDA

View Full Version : Keyed Cars...

Red97GTP
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Today I got into work about 8:30. At about 9:30, I took a walk outside. I noticed that one of our new cars got keyed. After walking around a little more, I noticed a couple others with scratches on them. I then walked around the entire lot and found that 18 brand new cars were keyed sometime between 6pm on Saturday and 7am this morning. We have since filed a police report with Waukesha PD, and filed a claim on our insurance. There were a total of at least 79 panels on these cars that need paint. And figuring about $500 per panel, we're looking at $40,000 in repairs. :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know. It's at Boucher Nissan of Waukesha. We'd of course love to catch the person that did this and I know it's a long shot, but any help would be appreciated. Feel free to PM if you feel like it.

Thanks!
Brian

Car Guy
03-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Sounds like when my cousin went on a rampage years ago at Venus Ford totalling $75k in damages.....

Does the dealership have video surveillance...???

Red97GTP
03-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Yes it does.

Turbo-Triumph
03-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Yes it does.

Did you check it? :goof

Red97GTP
03-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Yes we did. Nothing conclusive on the tapes though.

Turbo-Triumph
03-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Today I got into work about 8:30. At about 9:30, I took a walk outside.

............... keyed sometime between 6pm on Saturday and 7am this morning.

. It's at Boucher Nissan of Waukesha.

Yes we did. Nothing conclusive on the tapes though.

Well you might wanna double think giving out all this info.... b/c if i wanted too, you gave me the winning formula for destruction without reprocution.

BUT.. i DO hope you catch him, and update your cameras!

Turbo-Triumph
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM
^^i cant tell you how much shit got stolen from work, or destroyed at my job that could have been all prevented with some decent cameras...

INFACT.. someone stole about 50lb's of aluminum... YESTERDAY. (read a notice today)

michelle
03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Wow, that's ridiculous.

Red97GTP
03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Well you might wanna double think giving out all this info.... b/c if i wanted too, you gave me the winning formula for destruction without reprocution.

BUT.. i DO hope you catch him, and update your cameras!

I certainly hope that no one on this website would do something malicious like this, but new security measures have already been taken. We've hired a guard to watch our lot at night and on the weekends. He patrols our lot and our Chevrolet dealership.

With that being said, I hope no one trys something like this again!!

Crawlin
03-08-2010, 07:49 PM
So he drives between hwy100 and Moreland/Hwy18 at night? that's too far of a drive with no "security".

Heiser has someone in a car pretty much at all times if I remember right.

Plum Crazy
03-08-2010, 07:55 PM
we have Pleasant Prairie cops that park in our lot at nights. Ive seen Kenosha Sherriffs parked in there too.

97z2801ss
03-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I dont think anyone on this site would do any harm to a car, after all reguardless of what your choice of junk is bike car boat whatever we all respect that. and its somes work, its just mutual courtesy if you dont like someone to keep it out of thier work place.... Finally, I hope you catch the basturds that did that, I never understood why people think its fun or even funny to wreck others property, what a bunch of low lifes.

0TransAm0
03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Dizzam that would suck... hope you catch them fools... who did the dealer piss off? has to be some reason behind it and not just some dumbass out causing a mess...

you guys fire somebody recently? piss off a customer??

Red97GTP
03-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Actually, our Chevy store is right next to us at Nissan, so they guard will walk our lot and next door.

According to the officer I spoke with, it seems it wouldn't be a pissed off customer. They are more apt to make several larger marks on a hood or trunk. I'm guessing he's seen stuff like this to say something like that.

They think it was just a punk kid who thought it may be funny to do this. Also, no one was recently fired.

xxsn0blindxx
03-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Damn I live in the neighborhood right across 18 and leave a car parked in the driveway. I've never been too worried about it, but i guess the area gets shady not too far from those dealerships.

Silver86
03-08-2010, 09:29 PM
that aint right! :stare $40k :stare

back in the day (when i was in HS.) after getting off of work and walking across town to get home. i would walk past russ darrow toyota in WB... every car in the front line near the side walk had the keys in the door... many times the though crossed my mine to grab the set (300zx TT caught my attention) and come back later in the evening... but im no criminal...

back to the topic...

Waver
03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
So he drives between hwy100 and Moreland/Hwy18 at night? that's too far of a drive with no "security".

Heiser has someone in a car pretty much at all times if I remember right.yes we do

that aint right! :stare $40k :stare

back in the day (when i was in HS.) after getting off of work and walking across town to get home. i would walk past russ darrow toyota in WB... every car in the front line near the side walk had the keys in the door... many times the though crossed my mine to grab the set (300zx TT caught my attention) and come back later in the evening... but im no criminal...

back to the topic...
I know of a guy who actually did that about 10-11 years ago to don jacobs subaru. Took an eclipse gsx and had it for a while.....he was stupid then and did three years for it, and it is going to follow him for life

Red97GTP
03-08-2010, 09:47 PM
We are hoping the majority of the scratches will be able to be buffed out. Even if they can't some of the adjacent panels need to be blended.

MoCkiN U
03-08-2010, 10:44 PM
we have Pleasant Prairie cops that park in our lot at nights. Ive seen Kenosha Sherriffs parked in there too.

do you work at palmen?

BAD LS1
03-09-2010, 04:36 AM
Do the repairs have to be disclosed to the customers then that might buy those cars?

CannotPost
03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Do the repairs have to be disclosed to the customers then that might buy those cars?

Thats my first question too.

GTSLOW
03-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Sounds like when my cousin went on a rampage years ago at Venus Ford totalling $75k in damages.....

Does the dealership have video surveillance...???

What's his name :wooo I'd love to look this up on CCAP.

GTSLOW
03-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Any disgruntle people from warranty claims being denied or anything. There is NO WAY a person would do something like this without a motive IMO!

Burgandy85SS
03-09-2010, 09:16 PM

From what I understand if the damage exceeds a certain dollar amount then there suspose to disclose it. But even then I have seen ways they get around that.

SSLEVO
03-09-2010, 10:18 PM
From what I understand if the damage exceeds a certain dollar amount then there suspose to disclose it. But even then I have seen ways they get around that.

That's kind of what i've heard. I would be pissed if i bought a new car that has been repainted.

lordairgtar
03-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Last weekend, someone stole the wheels off two new Mazdas at Hall VW/Mazda

buttersgt350
03-10-2010, 09:51 AM
it was probably some stupid teenage kids with nothing better to do and parents who dont give a shit where they are or what there doing. hope you catch them rugrats.