PDA

View Full Version : Need a Olds powerd G-bod report from Al's

Rocket Power
05-31-2004, 11:28 PM
I am going to be shopping for a P/S pump and lines from a G-body with a 260/307 olds on fri. How's the G-body forecast at Al's ? :goof

PB86MCSS
06-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Haha...;)

The prediction for the pump you need is about 60% to 70% likely with a 20% chance that its there but not in good shape. :goof

I will be making a trip out this week sometime hopefully and not get stuck in knee high mud with all the rain we've had...

Theres still quite a few Cutlass' there although it seems like they are on a Grand Prix run lately and a Monte shortage.

I need a f-body serpentine pump I think, mine is leaking in the SS a lil' bit, not sure if its the pump or fitting.

Rocket Power
06-01-2004, 10:34 PM
I knew I could count on my "Al's connection" :thumbsup
I am going to head out on friday morning with my Indiana Jones whip in hand in case I need to lasso a car to keep from sinking in the mud. :goof

PonyKiller87
06-02-2004, 11:46 AM
The mud isnt to bad at Al's, unless your way off the main paths. I was out there last week to get some stuff for my camaro which is usualy one of the wettest areas. As long as you have a decent pair of boots and not affraid to climb you'll be fine.

PB86MCSS
06-02-2004, 10:39 PM
I will try to get out there Friday afternoon...I can bring my rope and pull you out if you are stuck ;).

I'm looking for a good b-body dual diaphram booster and master cylinder for the 12" brakes :D. Also a couple rinky dink parts....hopefully theres some fresh g-body blood to pick from. :rockwoot:

Burgandy85SS
06-03-2004, 10:59 PM
I am going on Saturday to a yard up on Mill Rd not sure of its name but it is a pull a part type place. I was there one time durring the winter and they had a lot of Regals and a few Cutlass's Mostly older late 70-80's crap. I need some emissions crap for my 84 Buick with the carbed 2.8 hopefully will find something.
I will post if any good g-bodys out there.

Rocket Power
06-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Well as PB86MCSS already knows I struck out at Al's for my car but got a lovely new cup hollder for the Achieva :goof
I did find some Olds engine stuff in the trunk of the white diesel cutlass at Al's and may go back and snap it a pair of valve covers from it. they look new and unpainted with just a hint of suface rust dots.
Went out to the one in Sullivan and scored the pump off an 87 Cutlass. Still a good variety of G-bods out there. Malibu, Montes (mostly 78-80 type stuff with at least one or two 81 & up) Cutlass's 78-87, regals, GP's. A few T-top cars. The 84 H/O carcass is still there & has IL plates on it. Don't know if the one you were telling me about Paul, was from IL or not.
I wasn't able to remove the P/S hose from the steering box though :fire
It appears to be slightly larger than 11/16" which is the biggest wrench I brought. Oh well . But all in all a good yard day.

PB86MCSS
06-05-2004, 01:26 PM
:D

There were 2 307 b-body Old's in the yard in case you missed them, one was a white Cruiser wagon the other a Delta 88 I think. I know you want the g-body lines but the pumps/motors were in the cars yet.

I scored a b-body booster and master cylinder from a stripped Caprice. No new g-body fodder though...

They got a new serpentine belt TBI f-body car in but the alternator side bracket is busted off :fire . Otherwise I'd probably nab the brackets/pulleys for a possible conversion to the LS someday.

Rocket Power
06-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I didn't even look at the big cars since i wanted the lines, then I find a car wih everything and can't get the line out. :ripped:
Oh well... A day at the J-yard is better than a day doing yard work :banana