PDA

View Full Version : Pack resigns Clifton

Karps TA
03-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Have to say I'm shocked. I think Rodgers and McCarthy were on the phone to Ted as soon as they both saw what the Bears and Lions did on the first day of free agency.

They still need to draft OL help, but this buys them some more time.

I didn't even know Thompson worked this weeked. He must have come in by accident.

Holeshot
03-05-2010, 07:46 PM
So will Kampman be back next season or will he be a bench warmer?

PB86MCSS
03-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Kampman is long gone. I like him but he just doesn't fit the 3-4, at least not as well as he will on a 4-3 defense.

Karps TA
03-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Kampman can play the DE position in the 3-4, we just won't let him. When he plays DE his size isn't that much smaller then other DE. He's just not a LB. They just tried to fit a square peg in a round hole. I mean they talk about maybe using Raji as a DE and he's a way worse fit there then Kampman. Atleast Kampman can play laterally.

Kampman will hopefully go somewhere where they'll use him properly.

PB86MCSS
03-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I think he can be a solid DE in the 3-4 but not as effective as in the 4-3...hence his value will be much higher with a 4-3 team. They started to use him more effectively right before he got hurt, plus if I recall part of it was his going back to more of a 3 point stance. He's the only Packer I have a jersey of (besides Cecil) and he'll be one of my favorite players wherever he goes, just hope it's not the Vikings or something.

Karps TA
03-05-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm a big fan of his as well. I just never understood why they moved him to OLB. He held up against the run in the 4-3 just fine at his size. And one of the key reasons behind the success of a 3-4 is zone blitzing and being able to drop your DL in coverage. Kampmann could effectively drop into coverage with his quickness, especially alot more then a Jolly or a Raji who you know ain't dropping more then 5-7 yards into a zone.

I dunno. I just think if you have effective players, you find a way to work your scheme around their skill sets, and not just to bend the player into your scheme.

hrsp
03-05-2010, 09:01 PM
yeah im not a packer fan but kampmann is a very good and very under rated player...hope he has success wherever he lands...

T-Bag
03-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Kampmann is going to Seattle here in the next few days....at least thats the rumour.

I'm glad they got Clifton back because Shanahan was about ready to sweep him up.

Karps TA
03-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Actually latest is Kampmann is in Jacksonville. His rumors have been pretty crazy. I've seen him tied to now 6 teams. Pretty good activity for a guy coming off a bad year and an injury. Good to see people pretty much dismissing last year.

hrsp
03-06-2010, 11:46 PM
i hope he gets paid....he wont get pepper or haynesworh money but id like to see him get a chunk...

Karps TA
03-07-2010, 09:36 AM
And Kampman is a Jaguar. Which I guess should mean everyone should now hate him. lol

hrsp
03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
And Kampman is a Jaguar. Which I guess should mean everyone should now hate him. lol

lol cant find out what kind of a deal he got?? anyone know?

Karps TA
03-08-2010, 07:51 AM
4 years, 21 mil is what I saw. Not sure what was gaurunteed. Pretty good deal considering coming off the year that he did. Good for him.

PB86MCSS
03-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I think I saw 10-11 guaranteed. For that coin he must be fully recovered, hope so. Hopefully he has a few more Pro-Bowl type years for them.