PDA

View Full Version : Days will be shorter?

Prince Valiant
03-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Apparently...due to the chilean earthquake shifting the world's axis!

http://ow.ly/1eErw

GTSLOW
03-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I heard it was a whopping .025 miliseconds or something like that.

OxmanWI
03-05-2010, 02:44 PM
How the hell can you measure something like that? These scientist believe they know the ins and outs of the earth, granted they know way more then me and you, but how do you come up with 1.26 microseconds from what equation?

Car Guy
03-05-2010, 02:47 PM

Yes, FOR ONLY THAT ONE DAY...!!! :rolf

hrsp
03-05-2010, 03:24 PM
im scared of the dark...yikes....lol

Prince Valiant
03-05-2010, 04:08 PM

Yes, FOR ONLY THAT ONE DAY...!!! :rolf

It's God's way of combating global warming.

Silver350
03-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Now there is another earth Quak that happend off Sumatra Coast. What is with all these quakes or is this normal with just more media hype on them when they happen.

Prince Valiant
03-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Now there is another earth Quak that happend off Sumatra Coast. What is with all these quakes or is this normal with just more media hype on them when they happen.Oh no...you are right. More earthquakes are indeed occurring.

If I were to make at stab at why all at once it seems, then it's all chance.

Though at times a big earthquake along fault lines can indeed influence the movement at a different fault line, for the most part they need to be much closer proximity....though I think the most the ones that are occurring are along the pacific "ring of fire," I read that it probably still too far apart (Chile's preceded one along Japan's coast too).

VroomPshhTsi
03-05-2010, 06:32 PM
There was a Haitian family that moved to Chile after the Haiti earthquake and then the one in Chile happened. Worst luck ever!

Ps the family is alive and fine, but seriously the odds of that.

Turbo-Triumph
03-05-2010, 07:54 PM
There was a Haitian family that moved to Chile after the Haiti earthquake and then the one in Chile happened. Worst luck ever!

:rolf:rolf

its true,.. god does have a sense of humor!

he's sittin up there goin... "Hey Peter, they just moved again! watch this shit!"

Silver03SRT
03-06-2010, 07:50 AM
:rolf:rolf

its true,.. god does have a sense of humor!

he's sittin up there goin... "Hey Peter, they just moved again! watch this shit!"

:rolf That was pretty good.

Prince Valiant
03-06-2010, 08:18 AM

It can't be better than the one dude who lived through Hiroshima, got on a train and a couple days later survived the second blast at Nagasaki.

But is it bad luck or good luck he survived? Heck, all that, and he only just died within the last month or so...

lordairgtar
03-06-2010, 12:12 PM

I assume their next move will be California?:rolf

Al
03-06-2010, 02:07 PM
This is the world getting ready for 2012!

I know that scientists have very sensitive tool to access.

TheRX7Project
03-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I know that scientists have very sensitive tool to access.

Engrish tlansration preeeez?

I have very sensitive tool to access too...