PDA

View Full Version : Toyota UA on VIDEO!

CATNHAT
03-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Here is the proof everyone has been looking for!

4j3w1QfV35I

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

I think this may be pedal misaplication. Maybe??

tommyt5078
03-04-2010, 05:29 PM
This isn't funny at all.................If that was me driving that thing I would be in jail a long time.................That's fuked up!!!!!

Prince Valiant
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
lol...I'd have like to heard the earlier conversation.

spooln30
03-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Not even the year that is in the recall. Haters!

Deggy
03-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Wow.

OxmanWI
03-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Ahhh did you see that? It's all Toytoas fault for that!!

BAD LS1
03-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah its sitting on the rev limiter, cant tell me that's not a stuck pedal, unless the driver is that pissed hahahahah

GTSLOW
03-04-2010, 07:21 PM
I'd really like to see the full story to this.

hrsp
03-04-2010, 08:35 PM
hmmmmmmm

Reverend Cooper
03-04-2010, 08:42 PM
sitting on the rev limiter in reverse shitiing his pants,not even a involved car lol

Yooformula
03-04-2010, 09:14 PM
wow!

Dasred
03-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Awesome.

hrsp
03-04-2010, 10:21 PM
why did he put it in reverse??? makes no sense to me

03Seville
03-04-2010, 10:25 PM
why did he put it in reverse??? makes no sense to me

agreed... why would he put the car in reverse... its clear that he could pulled straight out... kinda odd. Unless the pedal just went to the floor as he was tryin to get it to drive..

0TransAm0
03-04-2010, 10:54 PM
lmao. that would suck.

That_Guy
03-04-2010, 11:01 PM
agreed... why would he put the car in reverse... its clear that he could pulled straight out... kinda odd. Unless the pedal just went to the floor as he was tryin to get it to drive..
p
r
n
d
l
idk what the dude was trying to do.

Yooformula
03-04-2010, 11:37 PM
the shifter could have a funky looking gate, sometimes they can look confusing at first glance. The rental I picked up today has a weird ass looking shifter gate and took me a min to figure out where the D actually was especially since it isnt labeled very well.

CATNHAT
03-05-2010, 07:11 AM
I am pretty sure that if you listen closely, you can hear that the driver is an old man. I am sure he was confused when he put it in reverse but definitely a stuck throttle! :rolf

Even more proof that the throttle sticking has been going on for a long time! YIKES!

Prince Valiant
03-05-2010, 07:46 AM
My gut reaction would be a little less nefarious...he was flustered a bit, put it in reverse instead of drive...when the car reacted in a manner he didn't expect, he thought he was putting on the brake and pressed down harder, to the floor. Of course, the other possibility is that by this age, he doesn't have the coordination/strength to react in an appropriate manner, and just let the momentum of his foot carry further to the floor while he was still confused as to what was happening. But the thing is, it's not like we don't see at least one guy a week at GLD leave his car in reverse rather than drive on the starting...but in the case of an elderly man, reaction time, grasp of the situation, and appropriateness of reaction certainly differ than what we see in younger drivers at GLD.

At the end, I don' think the throttle was sticking more than it was him convinced he was full on the brakes or simply "froze" in response to the unexpected event. Otherwise, for the throttle to be "sticking" we have to believe that this guy was indeed trying to floor the accelerator in the first place...a rather unlikely event.

Just like this vid (move time up to around 1:45 to see the best view of the accident...):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hsIjtUVisjE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hsIjtUVisjE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's a case again...notice, during the vid, you never see the brake lights. Do we think the car floored itself and the person just didn't react? Or is it more likely that she thought she was already pressing the brake and reacted by applying the pedal further?

CATNHAT
03-05-2010, 08:30 AM
I am pretty sure that if you listen closely, you can hear that the driver is an old man. I am sure he was confused when he put it in reverse but definitely a stuck throttle! :rolf

Even more proof that the throttle sticking has been going on for a long time! YIKES!

I was kidding. I honestly think this is a case of a confused old man who panicked. Just happened to be driving a Toyrota!

FoxStang
03-05-2010, 11:51 AM
My gut reaction would be a little less nefarious...he was flustered a bit, put it in reverse instead of drive...when the car reacted in a manner he didn't expect, he thought he was putting on the brake and pressed down harder, to the floor. Of course, the other possibility is that by this age, he doesn't have the coordination/strength to react in an appropriate manner, and just let the momentum of his foot carry further to the floor while he was still confused as to what was happening. But the thing is, it's not like we don't see at least one guy a week at GLD leave his car in reverse rather than drive on the starting...but in the case of an elderly man, reaction time, grasp of the situation, and appropriateness of reaction certainly differ than what we see in younger drivers at GLD.

At the end, I don' think the throttle was sticking more than it was him convinced he was full on the brakes or simply "froze" in response to the unexpected event. Otherwise, for the throttle to be "sticking" we have to believe that this guy was indeed trying to floor the accelerator in the first place...a rather unlikely event.

Just like this vid (move time up to around 1:45 to see the best view of the accident...):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hsIjtUVisjE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hsIjtUVisjE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's a case again...notice, during the vid, you never see the brake lights. Do we think the car floored itself and the person just didn't react? Or is it more likely that she thought she was already pressing the brake and reacted by applying the pedal further?

Seems like that person should have just kept driving, the other window looked pretty clear to me.:rolf

Prince Valiant
03-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Seems like that person should have just kept driving, the other window looked pretty clear to me.:rolffrom the smoking tire, it would appear that's what she's trying to do, lol.

animal
03-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Basically the same thing happened at genesis on hwy 100 a few years back. It's the typical old person that doesn't know what's going on scenario. They think they're hitting the brake and the car takes off so they hit the "brake" even harder.

GTSLOW
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
I was kidding. I honestly think this is a case of a confused old man who panicked. Just happened to be driving a Toyrota!

I think it's coops fault.

CATNHAT
03-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I think it's coops fault.

X10,Brazillion!

wrencher
03-05-2010, 11:09 PM
I remember when that first video came out.
That was down here in hellinois.
Pretty funny still...
http://jalopnik.com/394063/old-man-backs-over-cop-car-accidentally

Reverend Cooper
03-05-2010, 11:15 PM
well once obama takes over health care like he did with GM and Chrysler all the old people will die so all the UA claims will go way down.

BigSnailBuick
03-05-2010, 11:38 PM
I would also like to see this whole story

flyin_blue_egg
03-06-2010, 11:16 AM
well it doesn't appear to be any malfuntion of the car.....more like a malfunction of the drivers right hand...he clearly put the car in REVERSE and jumped on it (to pull into traffic) however, due to the fact it was in reverse he hit the squad car. i'm guessing the moment he realized what he did, he freaked the fvck out thus the reason that he was on the rev limiter.