PDA

View Full Version : New best but the same ol Shizit

lotsals1
05-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Well another night at the track -another new best ET -but it comes with the loss of yet another 3-4 clutch pack --gonna do a few things yet while the car is down -yet again --Dropped 2.5 tenths - with a 1.59 60' friggen car is goin into overdrive at the 1100-1200 ft mark caused 3-4 pack to overheat and glaze--my fault this time -i never put my tranny cooler in like as dumbass
removed my pass seat /some other minor stuff - dont know what my weight was --i'll be out for a while -but this time i'll have some changes --or i might just finish the paint work show it this summer and wait till fall when the air is better -no sense in beating up the motor just to run slower till then
Car still drives but i cant apply any power in 3rd or 4th without slipping
4l60E's SUCK --look up 4l60e in the dictionary--bet it say GM's biggest steaming pile of dookie :fire
TH400 --maybe--4l80 lookin into it--th350 hell no

Syclone0044
05-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Wow, what were your ETs?? It sounds really F'n fast!! I run a non-electric 4L60 and I have shifted into 4th at WOT over 2000 times on this original stock transmission, no problems yet. I have a 4600 RPM shift point and 3.42s, I'm shifting into 4th now at the same point you said 1000-1100 FT. Not sure what to tell ya but guys seem to be able to build the 4L60s (700-R4) to do the 4th at WOT with big HP/TQ (800). I don't know if I'd do a TH400, do ya want a DRAGster?? :burnout

Crawlin
05-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Ya he does!!!!

And you know a TH350 can be built to be just as strong as most TH400's, and it would sap less power. Lots of guys run 'em in our cars. But most of them are lighter weight cars. I think yours is borderline light weight. You should have got it weighed to figure out where you are at. With most of that stuff out i'm gonna guess somewhere in the 3350 range. i could be wrong though

Yooformula
05-31-2004, 01:27 AM
So what da hell were your times? Can I rebuild your next tranny. I bet it lasts longer than yours :goof

BAD LS1
05-31-2004, 10:48 AM
well a 1.5 60 ft would most definately result in an 11.3 from before but it also leads me to think the tranny failed before the end of the run resulting in an aborted run of an otherwise perfect run which would have resulted in an 11.3.

I maybe way off but sounds like how it may have went down.

deciuss
05-31-2004, 10:54 AM
ya what was your time and grats on shaving some time off that always feals nice :)

lotsals1
06-19-2004, 09:22 PM
:loser :asshole
So what da hell were your times? Can I rebuild your next tranny. I bet it lasts longer than yours :goof

lotsals1
06-19-2004, 09:55 PM
well a 1.5 60 ft would most definately result in an 11.3 from before but it also leads me to think the tranny failed before the end of the run resulting in an aborted run of an otherwise perfect run which would have resulted in an 11.3.

I maybe way off but sounds like how it may have went down. The tranny went right as it went into OD slipped real bad "once they do that at WOT they are toast" the disc's have only about 1-64ths of a inch of actual clutch material -once they slip it burns right off ,the key is to have enough psi pushing on the plates to not allow them to slip -the material is is about as thick as a credit card -yah the tranny is a pile i still havent messed with it--i'm redooing Adams cyclone
right now so i just dont have time to do it
The tranny ,well it kinda warned me -but when you have a few good runs the last thing you want to do is listen --I dont get this friggen tranny!
if i run at all this fall it will be on DR's again
I figued with the pass seat out and my speakers it would of held up -granted its only 60lbsish but when i went on DR's it worked great so i at least tried to prolong its death
I'm kinda worried about the bottom end - I beat the crap outa this thing and its gotta give -I have a friggin phone book of time slips
I guess all in all I'm happy-I did better this year than i ever exspected
and when i think of it ,what better could i ask for out of a small bore smallblock -Hell my big blocks didnt react to modifications as well as these lil suckers do -my buddy runs a 502 in his malibu -and he was like holy **** when he looked at my slips--he runs 11.5 N/A 10.2 on a plate kit
but it wanted to go faster ,but Chris's car was going faster every run the night it blew so -I'm real paranoid about scattering the motor, it could be a weird thing with these motors, So mabe the tranny frying could of been a gift
:wooo

lotsals1
06-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Ya he does!!!!

And you know a TH350 can be built to be just as strong as most TH400's, and it would sap less power. Lots of guys run 'em in our cars. But most of them are lighter weight cars. I think yours is borderline light weight. You should have got it weighed to figure out where you are at. With most of that stuff out i'm gonna guess somewhere in the 3350 range. i could be wrong thoughyah i know but -i really want to keep od that is why i may do a 4l80 -if i had more info on the ins and outs to the l60 l80 swap i would definatly do it--all the lil stuff like speedo ? computer? do they make a manual valve body? ect. i really just want to ditch the 4l60e -but i dont have the time to research all the swaps avail.

lotsals1
06-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Wow, what were your ETs?? It sounds really F'n fast!! I run a non-electric 4L60 and I have shifted into 4th at WOT over 2000 times on this original stock transmission, no problems yet. I have a 4600 RPM shift point and 3.42s, I'm shifting into 4th now at the same point you said 1000-1100 FT. Not sure what to tell ya but guys seem to be able to build the 4L60s (700-R4) to do the 4th at WOT with big HP/TQ (800). I don't know if I'd do a TH400, do ya want a DRAGster?? :burnoutyah the shift points you have are most definatly are helpin it --mine are at 6200 witch is real close to stock -the key with them is the correct psi at wot at the right time--the manual vb may be my answer -
at this point i just want to ditch the 4l60e and try the 4l80

Crawlin
06-20-2004, 09:04 AM
my car went faster and faster on the sunday i was playing with shift points. that was just because the addition of the converter and the stripping of the car. on the night it blew, the following tuesday, it was actually slower, but i didn't really notice it since the track was not hooking and i thought it was because of the 60ft's. but on the second to last run it went 12.2 or 12.3 on a high 1.7, so that's WAAAY off. Ironically i was about to leave before I made my last pass. Guess I should have. Just a clarification :)