PDA

View Full Version : My first trip to fletchers range

Rocket Power
03-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Decided to take my Glock and CZ 82 out today. First trip with this Glock and of course it was perfect:thumbsup The CZ was great too.

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6827&d=1267660784
Holding the ammo box up for scale.
Not a bad range, nice people.
Wish the cross breeze would've been a bit less though :goof
I was trying to time the target as it would swing back to the center:rolf

Crawlin
03-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Awesome!

What's up with the "cross breeze"? Never dealth with that before?

Russ Jerome
03-03-2010, 09:30 PM
How long is the range there? Both Badger and Shooters here in Milw are pretty shallow (like 30' or so), both dimly lit (Im going blind).

Rocket Power
03-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Awesome!

What's up with the "cross breeze"? Never dealth with that before?

I imagine the ventilation system, all I now is my target was moving side to side:rolf

Rocket Power
03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
How long is the range there? Both Badger and Shooters here in Milw are pretty shallow (like 30' or so), both dimly lit (Im going blind).

The guy at the counter said 75'

Reverend Cooper
03-03-2010, 09:53 PM
yeah its a pretty long ways there i really like that range but the vent. system is unreal and it can be a bit cool in there.

Russ Jerome
03-03-2010, 10:35 PM
25 yards has got to be about the best in the area, no way Shooters or Badger are 75'.

I want to try some rimfire brands in the squirel sniper, the short ranges in Milw dont prove much with a scope punching thru the same hole.

HITMAN
03-04-2010, 01:43 AM
I've shot just about all of the indoor ranges in the area and to me, they all seem the same. 25 yards is pretty much the industry standard for indoor shooting ranges, and they all seem to have stops at 7, 15 and 25 yards. The one indoor range I don't really care for is Shooters Shop. They use (or at least used to) a water trap and if you shoot the target at the longest stop, your target gets damp from the splash and starts to curl. That and it's kinda dark and dingy.

Best indoor range I've shot is Shooters Sports Center on 6 Mile in Caledonia. Lots of lanes, well lit, well ventilated and about the best prices for range usage. Not to mention it's by a great restaurant (Derango's) for an after-the-range dinner.

Crawlin
03-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Fletcher's has water running down the back as well now. Don't know if it's the same system as I don't care for the guys at shooter's shop too much so I won't go there.

I'm pretty sure that Fletcher's and Badger are the same distance. I've shot both within the last month and don't remember a HUGE difference. The open back "window" at Flethcer's may make it seem bigger.

I wish Badger would get some of those clipboard clamps to be able to hold the targets instead of rolling them up on the chairs behind us. I like how fletcher's has that.

Russ Jerome
03-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I've been going to shooters shop for location and price, I swear you can spit half way down the lane :) There is no light at all when the cable is run full length, like badger the clips for the targets are wasted from rookie rapid firing heros missing the targets 6" high of the bullseye.

Lash
03-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Fletchers is my favorite. The only thing I don't like is they need a ventilation upgrade. Fumes seem to linger at some of the benches.

Reverend Cooper
03-04-2010, 10:13 PM
personally i think the sportsman wharehouse place in lomira has the nicest range and newest.very well lit and ventilated

That_Guy
03-04-2010, 10:25 PM
personally i think the sportsman wharehouse place in lomira has the nicest range and newest.very well lit and ventilated

Its not a huge range but its a very nice one. I did an imprompto trip up there last month well worth it.

moels
03-04-2010, 10:37 PM
A friend mentioned a place in Lomira but he said it was Midwestern Shooters Supply. Are there 2 places with ranges or is it the same place? My oldest wants to go shooting with me tomorrow since they have no school and I thought I'd head to Lomira.

Reverend Cooper
03-04-2010, 10:38 PM
its the same place i just fouldnt remember the name you can see it from the highway

moels
03-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Cool, is it same rules as normal indoor ranges as far as what you can shoot?

Rocket Power
03-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Best indoor range I've shot is Shooters Sports Center on 6 Mile in Caledonia. Lots of lanes, well lit, well ventilated and about the best prices for range usage. Not to mention it's by a great restaurant (Derango's) for an after-the-range dinner.

That is my favorite, the wife and I shot PPC there back in the mid 90's. But I figured I would try something more local, since I was meeting my wife for lunch. So now I found a more local place that is decent:thumbsup