PDA

View Full Version : bcm lawryer help needed asap

stenchmiester
03-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Long story short I need to kno wisconsin rules for a child to be taken out of state .we have joint custody and she has placement. I need to kno if legaly she can do this without my permission

97z2801ss
03-03-2010, 12:35 AM
She cannot move out of state well she can within like 150 miles, Call the BCM lawyers office and talk to scott (hes the family lawyer) Basil is the driving lawyer, set up a free consult. I have to still aswell for the same deal as you just diffrent reasons.

stenchmiester
03-03-2010, 12:42 AM
She isn't moving just going to see people I don't aprrove of and she is leaving tomorrow night so I need to kno like asap

97z2801ss
03-03-2010, 12:48 AM
If its her day to have your child, there really isnt much you can do about it. Just like on your day she has no say n what you and your child do or who you see. My sons mom tried to tell me I couldnt let my gf at the time watch him while I worked, so she called the cops on me and I had to explain I was at work n my girlfriend was watching him till I was done, I bet she sure felt stupid when the cop said "hes doing nothing wrong"

fivonut
03-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Your divorce or custody decree should explain all this. It's pretty standard that the other parent is allowed 15 days (I think) vacation time, and only has to notify you if they are going to be invading on your scheduled placement. Not much you can do. My ex pulled the same BS when she married a guy from Indiana on a whim. She told me she was moving my sons to live with her in Indiana during her scheduled placement times (I have majority, BTW). I promptly sent a letter to the family court saying I don't approve and they scheduled a hearing. She called them and told them she was only taking them for a brief time, i.e. vacation, and during her scheduled placement, so the court canceled the hearing. Basically, I'm pretty sure you're just going to have to suck it up and hope they survive the trip.