PDA

View Full Version : Browning High Power

Moparjim
03-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Anyone know anything about Browning High Power values? I have a REALLY nice one that I think is from 1976 and have seen them going for decent money so I have thought of selling since I am not a "collector" and like the military/tactical style stuff more.

Anyways it is SN 76C99XXX, marked "Browning Arms Company Morgan, Utah & Montreal P.Q. made in Belgium on the slide.

It has an R on one side of the trigger guard, and a sideways pinapple looking crest on the other, along with a sideways A with a star above it.

Anyone know what a fair price would be? Anyone interested?

Coops Bro has first shot at it, but if he passes on it I will be listing it for sale soon...

MurphysLaw88GT
03-02-2010, 06:10 PM
I dig HPs.

Does the "pineapple" proof look like this?

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/kevingmurph/Random/LGProof.jpg

If so, it is the "ELG" proof from FN Herstal,Leige Belgium. Leige proof-house mark.

Reverend Cooper
03-02-2010, 07:12 PM
get some pictures up jim

STANMAN
03-02-2010, 07:42 PM
John Moses Browning's #2 masterpiece, right behind the 1911 (although he always said the Hi-Power was his true masterpiece, gun enthusiasts and history have disagreed:rolf). Post 1954 Hi-Powers, unless they have special features, are priced in the newest Blue Book of Gun Values as follows:

100%:$750

98%: $600

95%: $500

90%: $425

Good luck!

Moparjim
03-03-2010, 10:38 AM
I dig HPs.

Does the "pineapple" proof look like this?

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab74/kevingmurph/Random/LGProof.jpg

If so, it is the "ELG" proof from FN Herstal,Leige Belgium. Leige proof-house mark.

yes it is probably that - it is really really small on the trigger guard, and instead of a sideways "Z" like in your pic it has an "A" with a star above it.

Moparjim
03-03-2010, 10:39 AM
get some pictures up jim

My pics are too big for the site lol... and not that good to begin with, I will have to try the wife's camera again.

Moparjim
03-03-2010, 10:42 AM
John Moses Browning's #2 masterpiece, right behind the 1911 (although he always said the Hi-Power was his true masterpiece, gun enthusiasts and history have disagreed:rolf). Post 1954 Hi-Powers, unless they have special features, are priced in the newest Blue Book of Gun Values as follows:

100%:$750

98%: $600

95%: $500

90%: $425

Good luck!

I am not sure how you grade it percent wise but it is in no joke really nice condition, particularly considering its 35 year or so age. The finish shows absolutely no signs of wear or blemishes or corrosion. The barrel and working parts so to speak also look to be in excellent shape - used obviously but vey little wear I would guess. I've seen people asking a ton for these at shows, was hoping to get in the $550 range for it.

STANMAN
03-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I am not sure how you grade it percent wise but it is in no joke really nice condition, particularly considering its 35 year or so age. The finish shows absolutely no signs of wear or blemishes or corrosion. The barrel and working parts so to speak also look to be in excellent shape - used obviously but vey little wear I would guess. I've seen people asking a ton for these at shows, was hoping to get in the $550 range for it.

You should be able to get that out of it easy. If it was a pre-54, it would almost double that. Sounds like your gun would be between 95-98%. 100% is a "sold at retail, never had the slide racked" type of gun (and you can tell the 1st time a gun's slide is racked, it will leave the faintest of marks).