PDA

View Full Version : What do you think

Silver03SRT
03-02-2010, 05:54 PM
What do you think is a fair offer for this. I asked in another thread for a carfax report with no replies yet. Trying to see if I should pick this up or not.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1622891717.html

88Nightmare
03-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I like everything about that car, except for how far the pipes stick out from the rear bumper. Sharp car though. I have no idea what those are worth. Are they as rare as the seller makes it seem?

67-400
03-02-2010, 06:05 PM
I was actually pondering looking at that one, I was in the market for an Audi until I got this one -----> http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1608722875.html

I refrained from that one because of all of the mods, it seems to be too far from stock for my taste. Sounds like it could lead to problems. His ad said it went through 3 car enthusiast ownerships, I would only imagine they each sold it for a reason untold. ???? Thats just my opinion, I went with the one that has a closer representation of a factory set up.

I paid much less for 20k less miles. Looks like he's trying to get his money invested back, do a kbb look up. Good luck :thumbsup

http://milwaukeefreecarfax.com

team beater
03-02-2010, 06:05 PM
3 enthusiasts screams to me 3 people who like to tastefully beat on it. Looks like the rear end is sagging, import usually mean expensive to maintain. JMO

VroomPshhTsi
03-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I was actually pondering looking at that one, I was in the market for an Audi until I got this one -----> http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1608722875.html

320 hp? Would that be considered medium/heavy mods?

BoosTT
03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Nice car, but its going to cost serious bank. Its two expensive turbos, two dv's, ect. My audi has one turbo and its un-godly expensive to maintain and repair. At 110k Miles, I wouldn't touch it unless you can do all the work yourself (as in complete engine rebuild, ect).

STANMAN
03-02-2010, 07:23 PM
There's an Audi mechanic's GF at work, she and her BF obviously drive Audi's, and he has an Audi shop. She said they are horribly expensive to maintain, and the service items at around the 100K mile mark are VERY pricey.

STANMAN
03-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Nice car, but its going to cost serious bank. Its two expensive turbos, two dv's, ect. My audi has one turbo and its un-godly expensive to maintain and repair. At 110k Miles, I wouldn't touch it unless you can do all the work yourself (as in complete engine rebuild, ect).

Haha, exactly what I said, only you posted while I was writing:rolf

Flicktitty
03-02-2010, 07:30 PM
like the others have stated at 100K those cars become money pits. The turbo's on the 2.7T's are known to go out around 100-130K miles. which if you have a dealer replace them it's usually over $3,000 out the door.

i would just upgrade them and try and do the work yourself, but a quality kit (like the AWE stuff) is gonna run you north of $5,000 with the fueling kit, it's just outrageous.

i was strongly looking into a S4 (same engine/trans) for a while but people say that unless your a mechanic don't buy one, unless you have money growing out of your ears.

i'd look on www.audizine.com as there are ALOT of nice ones that go up for sale (both A6 and S4)

EDIT- another big issues that audi's of that era have is the pixels on the dash and the climate control as well as the radio start to "burn out" which looks like shit at night. and really gives the car a bad taste (imo) also IIRC those bi-turbo A6's like to eat lower control arm bushings as well as brakes alot of a6's have developed oil leaks too (from either the cam seals or the valve cover gaskets)

also the audizine wiki for that model A6 - http://www.audizine.com/wiki/index.php?title=C5_A6/S6/RS_6/allroad

scoty42
03-02-2010, 07:43 PM
My brother has had two. One was an S4 that he really liked the last one was an A6. He has had it or did have it about 3 yrs. I was starting to become a money pit. He by the way is a doctor. Alternator went out and cost him 600 to have it replaced.

It was a great car but it was starting to cost him alot of money so he traded for a Acura I think.
Scot

FoxStang
03-02-2010, 07:52 PM
All that work and rusty license plate screws? Hmmmm...

Nix
03-02-2010, 08:07 PM
What do you think is a fair offer for this. I asked in another thread for a carfax report with no replies yet. Trying to see if I should pick this up or not.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1622891717.html

Only a couple thousand on those wheels? Why all the curb rash? Nevermind I read it wrong, the tires only have 5K on them.

Mike (67-400) Nice grab buddy! :headbang

Turbo-Triumph
03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
c'mon..... $8000 and it has an auto-zone shift knob? he had me hitting the back button on the '3 enthusiest owned'... meaning not only did he beat on it, his friends, and there freinds beat on it.

Flicktitty
03-03-2010, 11:46 AM
c'mon..... $8000 and it has an auto-zone shift knob? he had me hitting the back button on the '3 enthusiest owned'... meaning not only did he beat on it, his friends, and there freinds beat on it.

say what you will but i could believe that.

The car is a HIGHLY optioned A6 with pretty much every "enthusiast" based want you can get on that car. someone was very picky when they ordered that car out or bought it from the Audi dealership.

67-400
03-03-2010, 12:24 PM
320 hp? Would that be considered medium/heavy mods?

ECU was re-mapped to increase turbo boost & adj the a/f mixture. The car comes "De-tuned" from the factory, leaves much room for improvement. It has different stages to drive the car with, 1) Valet where the car is limited to 35mph. 2) the factory settings 3) additional 70hp & a/f adj. 4) additional 50 on top of 70 & a/f adj. Thats where the 375 on that other car comes from, he's probably got the same ecu programming. It can be flipped between stages on a hand-held laptop that comes with the program. Otherwise, stock components.

I was doubtful at first, then I researched online that there are other stories similar to it. After test driving it comparing to other like A6's, I have no doubts. It pinned me (and my wife) to the seat and I had room to climb before I let off.

What I meant by "Closer to factory" is i'm not all about the lowered suspension, the 19" aftermarket rims, custom shifter knob, gas pedals, special brakes, intake pipes & exhaust. The special valves tells me the motor has been ripped apart. Its just a personal preference. Especially when just a tune gives you a healthy performance boost for road applications.

Silver03SRT
03-03-2010, 01:04 PM
So you took this car for a test drive or another one like it?

67-400
03-03-2010, 03:09 PM
So you took this car for a test drive or another one like it?

I took the one I have for a test drive w/the 320 hp & it just floored me on the acceleration. I also took another A6 for a ride (not the one you are looking at) and it was a pooch in comparison.

Also, the difference between the 70hp+ stage & the 120hp+ stage is 93 oct vs. 100 oct. I forgot to mention.

Deggy
03-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Link gone, what was the car?

Flicktitty
03-03-2010, 10:38 PM
relisted - http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1626307305.html

Deggy
03-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Nice car, and sweet APC Shift knob. lol

Flicktitty
03-04-2010, 11:12 AM
haha, it's actually a momo knob, which are usually pretty pricey. just alot of knock off copy's of that knob is being made (apc,Razo,etc)

CannotPost
03-04-2010, 02:26 PM
:thumbsup

Looks, ok all those mods a reversable.

Audi's can be great cars if they are properly taken car of. Not that expensive if you can do some stuff yourself and are comfortable ordering parts on-line.

The big negative with that car is the turbos, with the mileage, 3 owners and the ecu modded, those turbos might be on their way out.

When kept stock I have seen 2.7T S4's, A6's and allroads with well over 150k on stock turbos trouble free.