PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work at a Mitsubishi dealer?

Yooformula
03-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I need to get some work done on my brother's car and would rather have the cash go towards a member.

Car Guy
03-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Must it go to a dealership...???

Yooformula
03-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Must it go to a dealership...???

from what I have been told the dealer is the only one that can reflash the pcm. the car is an 02 Diamante with the infamous shitty heater core leak that wipes out the trans relay and various other shit. the leak was repaired and the trans relay was replaced but I need to know what else is fucked in the ecm if any and I need it reflashed.

wikked
03-02-2010, 03:15 PM
I'd ask the infamous Steve Piette, he's been doing DSM ecu's for years, if he can't do it, he probably knows who can.

http://simon.chi.il.us/ECU/Index.html

Car Guy
03-02-2010, 05:02 PM
from what I have been told the dealer is the only one that can reflash the pcm. the car is an 02 Diamante with the infamous shitty heater core leak that wipes out the trans relay and various other shit. the leak was repaired and the trans relay was replaced but I need to know what else is fucked in the ecm if any and I need it reflashed.

That would be a dealer only procedure.....

twicks69
03-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I prefer Russ Darrow Mitsubishi in Waukesha -- I have been doing ALOT of business with them for the last 10 years (Well, Renner, then Russ Darrow....).

I am sure that they could get you in quickly and take care of the problem. They have some very good Mitsu Techs.

If you need any Mitsubishi Parts, or Dodge parts, I have vendor accounts for both brands and get good pricing.

Yooformula
03-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks everyone! I sent an email to Steve and he responded FAST. Funny thing, he has the same car with the same issue but didnt need his TCU repaired but he doesnt work on them either way so.....guess the dealer will be my spot.