PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Ideas?

SSLEVO
03-01-2010, 08:36 PM
looking to book one soon for the week of May 10th. We have about $2500 to spend on the flight/hotel, any places you would recommend?

michelle
03-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Have you looked into cruises? I've never been on one, but that's what I would like to do for our honeymoon whenever we take one (house > honeymoon). Not sure where is a good place to go though.

Been watching a lot of "The Bachelor" lately and St. Lucia looks beautiful!

Turbo-Triumph
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
fly to germany rent matching ferraris and hit the autobahn

Karps TA
03-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Sybaris and $2400 in lube?

SSLEVO
03-01-2010, 09:17 PM
I looked into a cruise but by the time we could get down there and leave Monday it wouldn't be much of a cruise as 2 days you are usually at sea. Leaving only 2 days at port.

Lube, Don't need no stinking lube, all i can think of is the scene from "super bad" LOL

nismodave
03-01-2010, 10:26 PM
http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/nevada/las-vegas/images/las-vegas-sign.jpg

For $2500 you could have 4-5 awesome days in Vegas.

Josepy
03-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Moon palace resort and spa. 8 days all inclusive. I will be going there again. Biggest resort in the world. 12 restaurants, bars everywhere, huge pools, bars next to the ocean, food was excellent. I hate traveling but I would do it again. We went into town. This is Cancun by the way. Town sucked. Everything we ever needed was at the resort.

Prince Valiant
03-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Honestly, Disney world. Wife and I had an absolute blast....we went on the cheap, doing the priceline thing. Stayed just off the resort which made eating out at area resturaunt/non-disney activities easier. Did 3 disney parks, Sea world, then over to Busch Gardens. Spent a few days in clearwater beach to do the ocean thing as well. All told, under 1,500 for everything iirc.

jbiscuit
03-02-2010, 08:10 AM
SoCal: Wouldn't have it any other way. Its reasonable (hotels are quite reasonable!), lots of things to do and see, great food, great weather, beautiful sunsets for romantic dinner outdoors.

San Diego is awesome. Easy to get around, no LA traffic, great weather, the Hardrock Hotel is super cool downtown. Take the ferry to Coronado Island and visit the farmers market on Tuesdays there. Perfect Honeymoon.

Otherwise if you choose LA area: Santa Monica or Malibu. Stay at a place on the beach. Romantic walks at night, excellent 5 star restaurants, shopping, bars/clubs etc.

Or more secluded/relaxing check out Palm Springs. Beautiful resorts, nice cafes and restaurants, spas, golf etc. But not as much 'to do.'

MoCkiN U
03-02-2010, 08:10 AM
SoCal is a damn good choice but if you never been there it can be a bummer figuring out where to go if you dont have a rental. You spend a lot of time just trying to find shit versus just sitting back and relaxing. I love it there, lots of buddies and wife's family are there. Its HEAVEN!! I just liked it more the longer I was there and remember not being a fan when I was first there and only trolley bound.

I have been on several royal carribean (sp?) cruises and they are a really good time. If you want to go somewhere in which your every desire is catered to then a cruise is a good idea. You get a good relaxing stay with a few port of calls tossed in to see different places.

Pros & Cons

* Show up at the gangway to board the ship and show your pass and give them your luggage and off you go. A few hours later your luggage shows up at your door cause they bring it to you. Now, waiting in line to get your keycard and hand them your luggage is worse than airport security sometimes and I havent been on a cruise since the new security shit when into effect.
* You pull into smaller cities and towns and by default you brought 2000 people with you so you get over run by drones of people.
* Lots of cool shit to do when you pull into port with jet skis, trips, tours and such but again 2000 people have the similar idea so the list gets long and those events are usually kinda pricey sometimes.
* Prepare to spend in alcohol. At each place your stateroom key is your payment source as its linked to your credit card. really easy to lose track of those $7 drinks you order especially when you have had a few. REAL EASY to find friends and order a round and spend $50+ without snapping your fingers
* All the food you want with huge buffets everywhere and most cruise lines have them either open till stupid late or some 24 hours a day. Eat what you want, when you want, and how much you want.
* entertainment or shows is okay. dueling piano bars, comedians, magicians and such.

If I were to go on a trip right now with the cash you have to spend I would ONLY go to an all inclusive resort like mentioned. Your food, room, travel are all included. if you want mixed drinks and lobster pool side you just ask and its on its way to you. If you are up at 2am and want fudge sundaes then its on its way.

I have never been but several friends have and never once have they come back with a bad story. Look at jamaica too, they have bunch of all inclusive resorts along with U.S virgin islands St Thomas, St Crois, I think St John would have to search it as Im too lazy now

jbiscuit
03-02-2010, 08:16 AM
^ for sure need a rental car in SoCal. Taxis would break the bank. We had a Mustang rental through Hertz for our Honeymoon and it was cheap IE $30/day. A Focus was $18 so for $60 more over 5 days its a no brainer. They rent a ton of Mustangs down there in fact. If it were me doing it over again, opt to pay more and get a Vette vert. Hertz has those too at LAX

MoCkiN U
03-02-2010, 08:19 AM
^whats the popular highway to drive up there? the 101 I think??? Might be a cool event for a car dude if she's into it too. Rent a vette and go at it

Ricky Bobby
03-02-2010, 08:50 AM
ive been on 3 cruises all a week long all where good except last one that me and the wife went on she brought her fat annoying friend along and my other buddy backed out so i got stuck, but the cruise was good :rolf

animal
03-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Hawaii was awesome, no need to go pay for a passport if you don't have one already, and you don't have to leave the greatest nation on earth (though in honolulu you'd swear you were in tokyo). My suggestion though (if i had it to do over)... take a day trip to oahu/honolulu and stay on maui or kauai the rest of the time. We stayed 4 days on oahu and would rather have had 3 more days on the other island.

jbiscuit
03-02-2010, 09:47 AM
^whats the popular highway to drive up there? the 101 I think??? Might be a cool event for a car dude if she's into it too. Rent a vette and go at it

Pacific Coast Highway, Interstate 1

MoCkiN U
03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
^knows his stuff!

lordairgtar
03-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Pacific Coast Highway, Interstate 1
HWY 101 from LA to Santa Barbara, HWY 156 thru San Marcos Pass, back to 101 to San Luis Obispo, HWY 1 again all the way through Morro Bay and through Big Sur area to Monterey. Then to San Francisco. North of SF, 101 is very nice. HWY 1 is not an interstate.

wrath
03-02-2010, 09:16 PM
US Virgin Islands. I've never been anywhere (and don't really want to go anywhere, want to see the US first) but I think that's where we're going to go for our super late honeymoon.

jbiscuit
03-03-2010, 07:37 AM
HWY 1 is not an interstate.

highway/interstate I meant the same thing. Sorry its a habit of mine. I call everything a highway/interstate :rolf

lordairgtar
03-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Wedll, it is a highway. LOLZ

MoCkiN U
03-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Pacific coast highway

http://atocycling.com/images/pacific_coast_highway_near_san_fran.jpg
http://rst.gsfc.nasa.gov/Sect17/pacific-coast-highway-435.jpg

St Thomas (US Virgin Islands)

http://www.charterworld.com/images/user/Image/StThomas1.jpg

Cozumel Mexico

http://www.travelise.com/images/stories/cozumel.jpg

Sandals Resort Jamaica

http://www.allinclusivecaribbeanbeachresorts.com/sandals_images/sandals_royal_bahamian_pool.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UJm1lSJKEM4/SV0lL35KIEI/AAAAAAAABl0/Ial22BbNOvM/romantic-vacations-jamaica.jpg

TraceDaddy
03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Not sure if you're nature people, but if the coastal highway is interesting to you, consider going to Yosemite. Not that far away. Want a GORGEOUS place to stay. Try the Ahwahnee.

http://www.nationalparkreservations.com/yosemite_ahwahnee.htm