PDA

View Full Version : Frame repair.

-stew-
03-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Anyone have any suggestions of a place to take this to get repaired? It's a 1994 F150. It's my dads plow truck. Here's the story, the frame bent on the drivers side while pushing snow one day, he took it to some place in Mukwanago and had it pulled straight and they straightened the door and fender out to make it look half way decent (the drivers side fender pushed into the door.) All was fine until the next time he went to plow and it folded right back like it had did the first time. He was gonna run it that way till the season was over and see about bolting a piece of plate over the weak spot. I used the truck last week end to pull my GMC out of the yard it was bandoned in and I noticed the front end (fenders, hood ect) seemed to flop around when hitting bumps. He too the truck back that Saturday and hung the plow on it and went to plow Sunday morning. After making his first pass he noticed the lights were all cockeyed and got out to look and saw everything on the right side hanging down and did some looking and noticed the frame torn.

It is torn right in front of the right spring tower, right at the cross member. If this can be welded I see no reason the truck cannot continue to be used as a truck, just not a plow truck. There are no steering or suspention parts attached to the part that is torn away, the bumper attaches to it and it has a body mount for the core support that is rotted and no longer attached.

ANy advice would be greatly appreciated. We wanna get the truck put back together, pull the plow and sell the truck.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p249/stewsquarenuts/sales/IMG00208.jpg

Ricky Bobby
03-01-2010, 05:08 PM
i wonder if u can weld the crack then plate over the crack and weld some more i do it all the time on derby cars and they hold up fine but thats just smashing shit i dont know about putting something back on the road after plating the frame

so the only ? i have is i know i could weld it and fix it up but is it legally safe??

shawn
03-01-2010, 05:18 PM
we do shit like that at my job....as long as its welded right i see no reason in it not to be safe....

SSLEVO
03-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Lol, why did he think it was a good idea to go plowing again after the frame was bent the first time? You better disclose it has had the frame damage when you sell it.

-stew-
03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
It bent, he had it repaired, and it bent right back. He wanted to ride it out for the rest of the season. He took it back out out plowing because if he didn't his customers wouldn't pay him. It will be disclosed, plus its right there infront of God and everybody else in the wheel well and under the hood.

lordairgtar
03-01-2010, 06:47 PM
we do shit like that at my job....as long as its welded right i see no reason in it not to be safe....
If someone can weld that up and assure that the frame is in alignment along with the suspension, should be fine.

mf68chevelle
03-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Just take it to work and weld it. It shouldn't be to dififcult.

DR.FORD
03-02-2010, 08:45 AM
We do those repairs quite often. We have a large frame machine and do heavy structural welding along with collision repair and restoration.
Ask for Jim
Authentic Automotive
414-483-8850

That_Guy
03-02-2010, 10:45 AM
jacks welding in north lake does awesome work im sure he could fix that no problem. 262-966-7377

Waver
03-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Take it to jim............

Ricky Bobby
03-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Take it to jim............

x2
:thumbsup