PDA

View Full Version : Dave & Buster's Grand Opening TODAY.....

Car Guy
03-01-2010, 08:41 AM
If anyone goes please post up some feedback, today is supposed to be the grand opening. Also, on their website I noticed an icon indicating bowling at the Mayfair location. I did not see bowling lanes when at the location in AZ but could have missed them altogether.....:confused

Karps TA
03-01-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm hoping it does well here. I've been to them in several cities and thought they were cool. Was pissed a couple years ago when they shot down the one in the Pabst area.

Reading the comments of people on JSonline last Friday had me all arragavated. Typical Milwaukee attitude of "we don't need that, we already have great places to go" BS.

Waver
03-01-2010, 09:26 AM
I hope this one is just as good as the one in illinois. This would make a good spot to meet up for a bcm event

Neal Steffek
03-01-2010, 09:30 AM
It was open on Friday. And it will be closed in 18 months. It is the smallest D&B to open to date and the GM is a moron. The bar manergers are good people though.

nismodave
03-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I predict alot of kids being there with their drunk dads.

Car Guy
03-01-2010, 09:33 AM
the GM is a moron. The bar manergers are good people though.

We already know that from the other D&B thread.....:thumbsup

Waver
03-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Sounds like Neil was drinking when he wrote that

-stew-
03-01-2010, 09:54 AM
I predict alot of kids being there with their drunk dads.

So the average BCM'ers should fit in just fine?

:goof

Car Guy
03-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Stew, your avatar is my twin when I was younger.....:)

kornholio788
03-01-2010, 12:36 PM
I was there on saturday for their "VIP" opening. We got 20 dollars in game play and a buffet. The food was pretty good. But this was just the buffet we didn't try one of their actual menu items. Drinks were priced decently. There were no bowling lanes. Only had 1 pool table. Bar is a decent size. Games are the same ones you see every where. But it seemed a decent amount of the games were having problems. At least 1 was down and the guy was trying to fix it. 2 of my games I had to call over a guy to fix the machine.

They aren't exactly the best planners either. There was quite a few people there for their vip thing on saturday. But even with that they actually ran out of miller light. How the fuck do you open a very popular place in milwaukee and not have a shit ton of beer on stash? You could still get it on tap but bottles were out way before they closed. That was pretty lame imo. At one time it took me 30 mins to get a drink. They had employees taking drink orders out on the game floor. It took 30 mins to get my beer. They gave me a free 20 dollars in game play but still. You KNEW it was going to be this busy.

Car Guy
03-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Only had 1 pool table.

That is pathetic.....:chair:

Exitspeed
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
That is pathetic.....:chair:

Yep. Lame. I'll go to check it out. Sounds like I'll be disappointed. 1 Pool table is a joke.

Karps TA
03-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Not sure a pool table would make D&B a hit or miss for me. You can go pretty much to any bar in Milwaukee and play pool.

I'll have to check it out one day at lunch to see what's all there.

Neal Steffek
03-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I was there on saturday for their "VIP" opening. We got 20 dollars in game play and a buffet. The food was pretty good. But this was just the buffet we didn't try one of their actual menu items. Drinks were priced decently. There were no bowling lanes. Only had 1 pool table. Bar is a decent size. Games are the same ones you see every where. But it seemed a decent amount of the games were having problems. At least 1 was down and the guy was trying to fix it. 2 of my games I had to call over a guy to fix the machine.

They aren't exactly the best planners either. There was quite a few people there for their vip thing on saturday. But even with that they actually ran out of miller light. How the fuck do you open a very popular place in milwaukee and not have a shit ton of beer on stash? You could still get it on tap but bottles were out way before they closed. That was pretty lame imo. At one time it took me 30 mins to get a drink. They had employees taking drink orders out on the game floor. It took 30 mins to get my beer. They gave me a free 20 dollars in game play but still. You KNEW it was going to be this busy.

Yet, they would not hire people with bartending experience or knew how to work in a bar. Go figure they F'd up one of the most important days of that place.

Exitspeed
03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Not sure a pool table would make D&B a hit or miss for me. You can go pretty much to any bar in Milwaukee and play pool.

I'll have to check it out one day at lunch to see what's all there.

I was hoping this was a non smoking establishment. There's not many non smoking places to go and shoot pool. Well at least until July.

Karps TA
03-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Gateway/Diamond sports bar in Muskego has 6 tables. It's not nonsmoking, but the ceilings are so high there, and there's usually not alot of people to make it a problem.

Car Guy
03-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Gateway/Diamond sports bar in Muskego has 6 tables. It's not nonsmoking, but the ceilings are so high there, and there's usually not alot of people to make it a problem.

Is that where a movie theater was years ago...???

Karps TA
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Yep.

Neal Steffek
03-01-2010, 02:37 PM
I was hoping this was a non smoking establishment. There's not many non smoking places to go and shoot pool. Well at least until July.

You have got to be F'n kidding me, it NOT a non-smoking place? Epic fucking fail.

Exitspeed
03-01-2010, 02:41 PM
You have got to be F'n kidding me, it NOT a non-smoking place? Epic fucking fail.

I don't know if it is or not. I was saying I assume it is.

Karps TA
03-01-2010, 02:42 PM
It's Tosa doesn't it have to be?

-stew-
03-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Stew, your avatar is my twin when I was younger.....:)

I just wanna be one of the cool kids with an Arnold avatar.

Rocket Power
03-01-2010, 03:10 PM
You/bars = Wrath/houses:rolf

pOrk
03-01-2010, 03:19 PM
You/bars = Wrath/houses:rolf

LOL

I've NEVER seen anyone THAT salty about not getting a job :durr

Neal Steffek
03-01-2010, 04:09 PM
LOL

I've NEVER seen anyone THAT salty about not getting a job :durr

I didnt need the job, I just thought they were funny on what they did. :durr

tommyt5078
03-01-2010, 05:31 PM

Wet T-Shirt contest 3/20/2010.

tommyt5078
03-01-2010, 05:33 PM
http://www.daveandbusters.com/rewards/profile.aspx

Free $10 game play at D&B when you sign up........................Once you sign up you have 30 days to use it.

Karps TA
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Wet T-Shirt contest 3/20/2010.

Last year the place was packed for that. Never seen it so busy.

I'm there every week. lol

DynoTom
04-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Dave & Buster's no fun and games for neighbors
Patrons parking on side streets creates headaches for some
By STEFANIE SCOTT

Posted: March 31, 2010 |(4) Comments

enlarge photo

Katie Derksen
Gay Leigh Mundy, who lives on North 103rd Street, Wauwatosa, says the extra traffic and excessive littering since the new Dave and Buster's opened has negatively affected her neighborhood.

Close Engines revving, tires screeching and people shouting have become common late-night sounds outside homes in the neighborhood around 107th Street and Garfield Avenue.

Although just a block off busy Mayfair Road and North Avenue, some homeowners there say the neighborhood has been protected from the heavy traffic heading to the mall and surrounding businesses.

That is, they say, until Dave & Buster's moved in across the street in early March.

Since then, patrons of the popular bar/arcade at 2201 N. Mayfair Road have been parking along the residential streets when the establishment's parking lot is full. And that's creating plenty of headaches for neighbors.

"The quality of life here has dropped dramatically," resident Gay Leigh Mundy said. "Why they put it over here, I don't know."

Noise, trash and vomit
Walking her dog on a recent morning, Mundy found broken glass and trash in the street, and had to sidestep a few puddles of vomit, she said.

Some Dave & Buster's customers can be heard shouting and yelling obscenities as they head back to their cars, said Block Watch captain Laura Goeckerman, who has been fielding complaints from residents.

"This is a very quiet neighborhood - or at least it was," she said.

Beyond the nuisance aspect, residents also are worried about the safety of the customers and others in the neighborhood. Specifically, Goeckerman has noticed drivers speeding and failing to stop when they leave the neighborhood. She's worried some may be driving drunk after they leave the establishment.

Mundy added that people are putting their lives at risk trying to get to Dave & Buster's.

"I just watched two dozen people running across (Mayfair Road)," she said Friday night.

Resident Douglas Cox was not excited when he heard the business was going to open so close to his home, but he didn't share his concerns with city officials. That's now his biggest regret, he said.

Cox sees cars start lining up along his block at 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. He said he's annoyed that plans for the business didn't include enough parking to accommodate all customers. As a result, his neighborhood has to deal with the overflow.

Alderman gets few complaints
So far, 2nd District Alderman Eric Meaux, who represents the residential neighborhood, has received calls and e-mails from two constituents.

He realizes traffic is spilling over into the neighborhood and said he visited the area to better understand the situation. Because the neighborhood has no sidewalks and its homes are situated close to the street, it's easy to see how noise and strangers walking on residents' lawns can become issues, he said.

Still, he advises neighbors to let a month or two more pass to see if the traffic dies down once Dave & Buster's has been open a while.

"I think it's somewhat premature," Meaux said of the complaints. "With any new business, especially when it comes to those in the food and entertainment industry, it's always busy at first."

Meanwhile, the Police Department has been responding to complaints and enforcing parking rules, he added.

Mayor, chief get involved
Mayor Jill Didier agrees there is "an initial hustle and bustle that will likely taper off," but she and Police Chief Barry Weber have visited the business to discuss how operations have been going over the first few weeks.

At that time, managers indicated they were going to start providing incentives, such as game credits, to get patrons to use valet parking. As more customers use valet parking, the hope is that fewer will park across the street.

Numerous calls made to Dave & Buster's management were not returned. The valet parking promotion could not be verified. For the first weeks, valet service cost $5.

The businesses operating next to Dave & Buster's - namely Walgreens and Designer Shoe Warehouse - are putting in signs that designate that their lots can only be used by people patronizing their stores, Alderwoman Cheryl Berdan said.

Berdan thinks Saturday will remain a popular time to patronize the business, but the lack of parking could prompt some people to visit on other days.

Cox hopes Berdan is right. As a motorcycle rider, he knows people will start bringing out the two-wheeled vehicles soon, and with that can come some loud engines. The thought of them leaving his neighborhood at 1:30 a.m. is unsettling, he said.

"I expect it to be very noisy here this summer," Cox said.

Car Guy
04-01-2010, 11:26 AM
D&B's has valet parking.....:loser

Neal Steffek
04-01-2010, 11:36 AM
D&B's has valet parking.....:loser

Only so much. Then they stop.

Crawlin
04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
That valet parking is the WHOLE reason why they have the issues at the front of the lot with jamming people back on to mayfair rd. They are too slow and too many people are willing to do that for the $5. I couldn't believe it was so cheap.

pOrk
04-02-2010, 12:24 AM
5 bucks to have someone PARK your car is cheap? Really?

wikked
04-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Dave & Buster's no fun and games for neighbors
Patrons parking on side streets creates headaches for some
By STEFANIE SCOTT

Posted: March 31, 2010 |(4) Comments

enlarge photo

Katie Derksen
Gay Leigh Mundy

I lol'd :rolf

Crawlin
04-02-2010, 08:03 AM
5 bucks to have someone PARK your car is cheap? Really?

I will gladly pay someone $5 to park my car 3 blocks away since when I went(remember epic post ;) ) the lot was full, the shoe store place ot was full, walgreen's was full, and I don't feel like running across Mayfair Rd with all those people doig burnouts leaving the lot and not paying attention trying to ENTER the lot.

Remember the firearm class pic thing, hahahaha

1BadBytch
04-02-2010, 10:53 AM
My nephew, Pete will be there today for his birthday. :thumbsup

T-Bag
04-02-2010, 07:37 PM
i hope this piece of shit shuts down quickly. Its already doomed.... just a matter of time.

pOrk
04-02-2010, 11:36 PM
I will gladly pay someone $5 to park my car

Baller :wow

wikked
08-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Sooo has anyone been there lately?
Is it still a northside ghetto zone?

pOrk
08-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Sooo has anyone been there lately?
Is it still a northside ghetto zone?

No
Yes

Rocket Power
08-08-2010, 08:11 PM
I've heard its better than it was and not bad, but I haven't gotten around to going myself.

Neal Steffek
08-08-2010, 11:29 PM
I would let you know how it is but was paid by Dave and Busters to not do honest reviews about them online.

Got Boost
08-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I would let you know how it is but was paid by Dave and Busters to not do honest reviews about them online.
UMMM Ok...

Karps TA
08-09-2010, 10:28 AM
There was a followup on JSonline a week or 2 ago that said the neighbors stopped complaining and said D&B fixed all the issues they had.