PDA

View Full Version : bad luck

Anakonda69
02-26-2010, 10:35 AM
so last night i go to the house which i was supposed to close on today for the final walkthru. upon meeting my realtor there he says he has bad news for my wife and i. the seller died yesterday at 9am and now the house is in probate and we cannot close because our contract to purchase the house is now void. the man died 2 weeks ago and his wife yesterday. so i made it thru all the inspections, they installed a new furnace and chimney liner and had to do some painting to appease my federal inspector. now the house is in limbo. i also put $1,000 in earnest money down and am out all my inspection costs unless thru some miracle legal loophole the family left decides they just wanna go thru with the sale. the house is not specified to anyone in the will nor is there an executor to the estate. all of the children live a good distance away. i can sit around and wait for their decision which thru legal req. could take months while in probate. or i move on. we decided to wait and week and see if anything moves along from the family otherwise i am gonna start looking again. i will get the earnest money back but i need to wait till it's out of probate. bar far one of the worst days of my life. everyone from the seller's agent to my agent to us have done alot of work to get this deal done and now it may all be for not anyway. it's bad to be so selfish for i know someone has just died but damn i got some luck.

Car Guy
02-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst, the situation could go either way.....:)

Anakonda69
02-26-2010, 10:41 AM
it doesn't get any worse. as of now i don't have a house so it can only get better. lol

SmokinRAM114
02-26-2010, 10:44 AM
That sucks... at least ur truck didn't burn to the ground again..

Crawlin
02-26-2010, 10:46 AM
that is some shitty luck! but so sad for that family to have to go through

WickedSix
02-26-2010, 12:30 PM
That sucks... at least ur truck didn't burn to the ground again..

I laughed at that one :thumbsup

Definitely worth a little wait.... I know after my grandpa passed away everyone lived apart like that. The family got together and decided to just sell the house and split up the money accordingly.... but it was a house no one had grown up in...i think its going to come down to whether someone in the family could use the place or if there is sentimental value there....

seriously tho who doesn't have a will these days?

Monstr913
02-26-2010, 12:44 PM
so do you have a will pat? am i in it for a truck or a bike? maybe some axles or tires, lol...yea it sucks but hey maybe now you'll find a better house, with a bigger garage...and chris nice comment, hope you didnt just jinx him...

william schlosser
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Good luck. I hope everything works out for you.

Larrygto
02-26-2010, 01:21 PM
It took us a year to sell my grandmother's house after she died, if there was a deal in place when she died we would have taken it in a heartbeat. just wait I'm sure they'll take the deal.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-26-2010, 02:00 PM
good luck!

pOrk
02-26-2010, 02:02 PM
I would try and contact someone in their family and explain the situation, hopefully they go through with it

WickedSix
02-26-2010, 02:04 PM
so do you have a will pat? am i in it for a truck or a bike? maybe some axles or tires, lol...yea it sucks but hey maybe now you'll find a better house, with a bigger garage...and chris nice comment, hope you didnt just jinx him...

yea i actually do lol.... D is the executor, shit gets split 60/40 between her and my lil sis and they know what to do n who to take care of lol so basically it'd be her call whether u deserved any of my cool stuff :rolf

Prince Valiant
02-26-2010, 02:05 PM
To me it seems likely that the family will just let the sale go through...desimination of cash is much easier than dealing with property.

But, you never know...family may want the house for personal dwelling too...

good luck though.

Anakonda69
02-26-2010, 03:07 PM
pat you don't have any cool shit. lol damn chris that was harsh but you make a good point. lol right now i don't have a garage for her to burn up in though. lol

PonyKiller87
02-26-2010, 04:03 PM
I agree with Pork, just try and call someone in the family, explain it to them and leave it in thier court. As long as your respectful and not pushy I think they will go for it.

michelle
02-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Wow, that certainly is quite the situation! Hope it gets settled quickly (in your favor)!

Holeshot
02-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Hope it all works out for you. I'd be levied

Monstr913
02-26-2010, 05:14 PM
well i guess im gonna butter up deana for bike and truck...i think she'd give me at least one of those, lol