PDA

View Full Version : James Toney in the UFC???

94greenbandit
02-24-2010, 08:21 PM
What do you guys think about this loud mouth boxer saying he is the best of both worlds, MMA and Boxing. Personally I think he would get murdered in the UFC

BR3W CITY
02-25-2010, 11:30 AM
im sure his stamina will be good for him, but he won't stand a chance against kicks/takedowns.

Seems like most boxer-types in the ufc are rendered pretty useless quick. Besides, a big mouth like that tends to lend to an ass whooping.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Toney sucks. you guys can have him.

Car Guy
02-25-2010, 12:24 PM
you guys.

:confused

Crawlin
03-03-2010, 09:17 AM
i would LOVE to see this...

cause I would LOVE to see the big talkers that haven't ever done it, get fucking raped inside the ring. just keep whooping his ass, but don't take him down don't submit him, just work his shit and make him beg to get out of there.

Car Guy
03-03-2010, 06:44 PM
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=78935

Prince Valiant
03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Here's the problem with the boxer's in the MMA:

1) Boxing is a very depleted sport. It's not what it once was as their isn't the interest in it there once was. The talent pool is severely diluted so that very good boxers become "great boxers" by default (Toomey, holyfield, De La Hoya, Lewis, etc, etc...) and so-so boxers become "very good" (Klitschko brothers, Moore, Bowe), and some awful ones are considered "good" (Briggs, Mercer).

2)Boxers tend to come over well past their prime...when they've lost the punch speed, quickness...and have become lumbering huggers that can get a good punch in once in a while.

It's sad because I don't think boxing has brought over the best they've had to offer. Not that I don't think boxing is the superior fighting style (though a very good boxer should do okay in MMA), it's just a more entertaining form of fighting. That said, the guy I hope to see in MMA one day would be Jones, Jr....though he's already long past his prime.

VroomPshhTsi
03-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Hahaha Toney wasn't even that great at boxing IMO. Of all the fights I've seen, he seemed lazy (and that was just the stand up/lean on part). No way he makes it anywhere in the UFC. If you get tired/lazy in boxing you can lean on the guy and grab. If you get tired in the octagon, you get choked out/knocked out.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-04-2010, 06:59 AM
:confused

i meant you "mma" guys. :thumbsup.

Car Guy
03-04-2010, 09:25 AM
i meant you "mma" guys. :thumbsup.

I see, MMA 4 LIFE...!!! :rockwoot: