PDA

View Full Version : wanting to know about snowboards

LIL_PRO_SHOW_SS
02-24-2010, 08:12 PM
does anyone know how much a complete snowboard would cost for the cheapest one. just been wondering always wanted to start swnowboarding. and does anyone have any snowboards that they may want to sell cheap

Dr.Buick
02-24-2010, 08:34 PM
going cheep cheep I paid 200 for my kid, Just bought her a new Burton 500.00 plus bindings, Check craigslist for a used one first if possible or sunburst rents them

Crawlin
02-24-2010, 08:59 PM
visit the shop in the bargain section, sounds like a good deal.

RIDE down here in New Berlin ahs some decent deals going on, just bought some new goggles.

Figure a couple hundred bucks for everything(i'm thinking board/bindings/good boots/gloves/jacket/pants/goggles)

you can go up from there obviously. it's alot of fun.

BR3W CITY
02-24-2010, 10:03 PM
depends on what your looking for. You can get a basic lower end board with boots and bindings for a few hundred. When I put together my old setup (DC boots, Formula bindings and a Ride carbon fiber board) ran about $15-1700.

How tall/big are you? 150-160 boards are often a little cheaper (most common sizes for regular riding with a regular sized rider) than bigger or special purpose boards.

If you are a bigger guy, I would consider selling my setup as its a couple years old, and I no longer ride. (former instructor, I turned to sleds now). Setup for an over 6ft rider with size 13's.

UnderPSI
02-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Take a lesson!!! And don't go with out wrist guards. Might sound dorky, but A LOT of people break both their wrists there first times out.

Slow Joe
02-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Kristie has one that her and her sisters used to use...

$130 takes it.

K2 Stylla Snowboard Package

-K2 Snowboard (57" Long, 11" Wide (at widest point), 9.5" Wide (at thinnest point)
-K2 99 Sonic A (men's) Size 9 Boots (my wife and her sisters used these boots with a thick sock, and they all wear size 8-8.5 Shoes, I also fit into these boots, and I wear a men's size 8.5-9 Shoe)
-K2 Clicker Bindings

Great Shape! Perfect for a beginner, or someone looking for a spare. My wife got a new snowboard and don't use this one anymore. Of course it does have a few scratches, but it's a snowboard that's been used. Bindings and boots are in good shape. Perfect for a male or female. Board is blue with a graphic on the top, red on the bottom. The boots are tan and black in color.

wikked
02-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Learning how to fall the right way is pretty important... see above about broken wrists.

LIL_PRO_SHOW_SS
02-26-2010, 06:09 PM
thanks u guys you guys really helped me out i'll check into everything