PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with sprint lately?

pOrk
02-24-2010, 05:03 PM
I've been with sprint for almost 5 years now and very rarely have reception problems. Last thursday I lost almost total reception at my house, as did Lisa. We are having a HELL of a time making / taking calls from home now, usually get disconnected within a minute of receiving a call and usually cant call out. This has been happening only since thursday, whats the deal?

I called sprint and they sent me some router / modem looking thing that I am supposed to plug into my router and it works as an antenna amplifier, but I only have one port on the back of my router and its being used by another device. I shouldn't need this as I had great signal just last week???

MoCkiN U
02-24-2010, 05:21 PM
if they sent that to you A+ on them as that piece is $150 plus in retail stores. Its called a network extender and uses your internet connection to complete the calls thru your internet and is then routed to the switch center and sent off that way. Its a voip technology for your wireless phone. There is little to no delay when talking and will only hear a beep when the call connects.

if you have a router you can use that too dude. if it were a light switch scenario like you said have it and now you dont my guess it two things.

1. land line company is doing significant construction in your area and the lines to the local tower are effected so they took it out of service until construction is complete

2. a new tower or another company could be sharing with the one that exists in your area and that is what kept you in service. We heard all the time that when that happens the tower could be down for a while and also adding a tower in that area could be added in effecting communication that one.

Now, all of that is what peeps told us in retail stores. I could be all kinds of ass backwards and repeating bad info but it always made sense to me. I know there is someone on here who puts tower components in and may be able to add more

pOrk
02-24-2010, 05:25 PM
I don't have any way to plug this thing in, my wirelss router / modem in one only has one output and it goes into my computer. Don't really want to switch it back and fourth, is there something I can buy to expand the outputs on the router?

Russ Jerome
02-24-2010, 05:49 PM
I've been with sprint for almost 5 years now and very rarely have reception problems.

Wow, thats unheard of!

Sprint has gotten better lately I'll admit, my new MegabadassGizmo phone from Sprint hates basements, no matter the location. Since they ditched the taunt string and paper cups its been like having a real cell phone.

SmokinRAM114
02-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Sprint sucks! Defently just switched to verizon n deffintly don't know y I stayed with sprint for the 4yrs I was

pOrk
02-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Verizon is twice the price of Sprint, it should be better

-stew-
02-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Sprint can sucka meh bawlzac. My US Cellular BB gets killer reception way back in the hills of Ft. McCoy, deeeeep in the woods up by Rhinelander, and in the honnest-to-God fallout shelter here at work. My spring phone didn't get service at my house in Bayview.

pOrk
02-24-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't want to know if Sprint sucks more balls then ThatGuy with the cobalt, I want to know if OTHER SPRINT customers are experiencing problems in Wauwatosa at all. I got through to sprint again today and now they are saying they have major outages in the area that they are working on repairing, on monday when I contacted them they reported no problems?

johnny--2k
02-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Sprint is IMO the best price wise if you travel out of the midwest area, US Cellular sucks for national plans, Verzion is overpriced and wont be verizon much longer, and AT&T is the closest to sprint for prices, except for their data packages are outrageous. T-mobile just sucks all around.

To answer the original question Eric, I havent had any problems lately at work, which is not too far from your house.

SmokinRAM114
02-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Verizon is twice the price of Sprint, it should be better not really our family plan is 20a mo cheaper then the same one we had through sprint

hrsp
02-24-2010, 09:22 PM
im in newberlin and me reception has gotten crappy in the last few days...and my sprint phone hates basements as well....lol

DerangedPony
02-24-2010, 10:12 PM
They have been doing a lot of work lately on their towers so you have to make sure your PRL is updated frequently. The "PRL" is the software that will notify the phone which tower to use according to your location. I've been seeing many people in my service center lately because of poor service and most problems were fixed with a PRL update.

70 cutlass 442
02-24-2010, 10:59 PM
/\/\ what he said

hrsp
02-24-2010, 11:02 PM
They have been doing a lot of work lately on their towers so you have to make sure your PRL is updated frequently. The "PRL" is the software that will notify the phone which tower to use according to your location. I've been seeing many people in my service center lately because of poor service and most problems were fixed with a PRL update.

can we do this ourselves? or do we have to come in?

70 cutlass 442
02-24-2010, 11:06 PM
there is a series of keys you push to do it, idk if sprint is the same as nextel so youll have to ask DP.....

pOrk
02-24-2010, 11:11 PM
not really our family plan is 20a mo cheaper then the same one we had through sprint

I have unlimmited everything on 2 8530s and I pay 85 a month, plus tax. Match me to the verizon plan that's 20 cheaper and I will switch today

Josepy
02-24-2010, 11:13 PM
I have unlimmited everything on 2 8530s and I pay 85 a month, plus tax. Match me to the verizon plan that's 20 cheaper and I will switch today

$85 a month . Crap I need to get data phones. $20 less also. I will switch also if that is true.

Slow Joe
02-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Mine and Kristie's Sprint Blackberries have been fine, as well as my HTC Touch Pro however one of our friends has one of those Google Droid or whatever it is phones for Sprint and she's been having problems with service in the Milwaukee area for the past few weeks...

Just realized that you have Blackberries as well. What I'd do is take 'em to the Sprint store and have the software updated. Sometimes when they're updating towers, getting your phone reprogrammed helps.

Our 8330s have been fine...

SmokinRAM114
02-25-2010, 08:50 AM

:confused how is that possible?? the second line on sprint unlimited is 85! i was paying $215 a mo for unlimited everything after the tax and $20 service charge on 2 pos blackberrys!:stare i have 2 droids 1400 anytime unlimited everthing else through verizon and pay $178!! i barely talk on my phone so there was no need for unlimited minutes.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/SubmitPlan?firstStep=plan&fromPackageDeal=&selServiceString=&planType=F&familyUID=2023&plansCount=1&lines_DUSIMFAMB=2&socid_0=DUSIMFAMB&select_0.x=30&select_0.y=1

Slow Joe
02-25-2010, 08:52 AM
:confused how is that possible?? the second line on sprint unlimited is 85! i was paying $215 a mo for unlimited everything after the tax and $20 service charge on 2 pos blackberrys!:stare i have 2 droids 1400 anytime unlimited everthing else through verizon and pay $178!! i barely talk on my phone so there was no need for unlimited minutes.

Uhhh Krisite and I have 3 lines through Sprint, 1500 min, unlimited everything else... And pay less than $150 with my Corp. Discount.

As for unlimited everything, there has to be a minute cap. The only thing that you have to remember with sprint is that they now have unlimited cell to cell (any cell provider) so you use next to no actual plan minutes...

Cryptic
02-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Paying $178/month for two Storm2's on Verizon. That's with a 22% corp discount.
one has internet ($30) and the other has the Blackberry Enterprise ($40). 1400 minutes shared

I was paying $65/month for my Palm Treo with internet on Sprint. It was cheaper, but it did nothing but piss me off. Lots of dropped calls near my work.

Myles
02-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Sprint was garbage when I was on them, they are pretty much still garbage. I hope the whole company goes under soon. Someone else can buy up them and make a better cell service.

Josepy
02-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Sprint was garbage when I was on them, they are pretty much still garbage. I hope the whole company goes under soon. Someone else can buy up them and make a better cell service.

What he said. same dealings with them.

70 cutlass 442
02-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Paying $178/month for two Storm2's on Verizon. That's with a 22% corp discount.
one has internet ($30) and the other has the Blackberry Enterprise ($40). 1400 minutes shared

I was paying $65/month for my Palm Treo with internet on Sprint. It was cheaper, but it did nothing but piss me off. Lots of dropped calls near my work.

I pay the same ammount, have two black berries and another smart phone on my account (3 lines total) full insurence, same ammount of air time. and Im with sprint.

pOrk
02-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Uhhh Krisite and I have 3 lines through Sprint, 1500 min, unlimited everything else... And pay less than $150 with my Corp. Discount.

As for unlimited everything, there has to be a minute cap. The only thing that you have to remember with sprint is that they now have unlimited cell to cell (any cell provider) so you use next to no actual plan minutes...

I have 1500 cell to land line minutes, we use less then 300 of these a month as damn near everyone we know have cell phones.

johnny--2k
02-25-2010, 04:26 PM
yup, I have the 450 plan with unlimited everything else and I might use 200 minutes of cell-land line calls, the rest are all cell to cell, so no minutes used! I pay less than $70 out the door with insurance and my corp discount.

pOrk
02-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Coverage is MUCH better today, they musta fixed whatever was wrong. Carry on!

hrsp
02-25-2010, 09:10 PM
yup, I have the 450 plan with unlimited everything else and I might use 200 minutes of cell-land line calls, the rest are all cell to cell, so no minutes used! I pay less than $70 out the door with insurance and my corp discount.

same shit i got....only land line i call is to order pizza or chinese...lol

johnny--2k
02-25-2010, 09:39 PM
haha, yup!!!