PDA

View Full Version : Open Carry Rally

Silver350
02-22-2010, 07:09 PM
So did everyone catch the Open Rally in Sussex? What did you think?

Crawlin
02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
i haven't been on open carry.org in awhile.

How did it go?

Silver350
02-22-2010, 08:26 PM
I did not participate at all. Of course they seem like they think it was a success but way the comments are flying I dont think it was the right reason for the rally. I really do not agree with the reason behind it. The trooper should of handled the situation better, but the guy didnt get arrested, fined or gun taken away. I feel it brought more negative attention the positive.

Crawlin
02-22-2010, 08:28 PM
now I gotta read the backstory to see what's up. just causing commotion it seems like, and like you said, all negative

fivonut
02-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I watched the video that the guy took while the officer interacted with him. I agree that they over reacted. The officer was, for the most part, professional about it and the guy didn't get into any trouble. BUT, I don't think the officer should have gone looking for an excuse either. If the restaurant owner had a problem with him carrying a gun then they should have asked the man to leave and then called police if he didn't. I see no good reason for the officer to have intentionally gone into the restaurant to verify whether or not they allow guns.

Reverend Cooper
02-22-2010, 09:26 PM
someone post up a link please

That_Guy
02-22-2010, 09:28 PM
jsonline wrote an lame artical regarding it. You can tell what side of the fence they are sit on.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/84928722.html

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZVz0V-bek0

moels
02-22-2010, 09:31 PM
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/38322.html

Reverend Cooper
02-22-2010, 09:34 PM
gotta be honest,I think the cop was very professional

Reverend Cooper
02-22-2010, 09:37 PM
and then to find out the cop made a complaint that the guy was impersonating a officer,now thats some bullshit

Silver350
02-22-2010, 09:49 PM
and then to find out the cop made a complaint that the guy was impersonating a officer,now thats some bullshit

My thing is how did they know it was the trooper that called and not dudes neighbor? If there is a comment about the truth please send it to me because I didnt see it

Coops Brother
02-22-2010, 10:09 PM
and why did the trooper order him to secure the weapon in the trunk, there is no law that states that is where you put your unloaded cased weapon

SSDude
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I question why is a state trooper showing up for this? And does the guy always eat dinner with a video camera.
this is all very unusual. There's more to this story were not being told.
WTF is a trooper doing on a call of this nature? Usually the local police or sheriff would have been called for this.

BlackLightning
02-22-2010, 10:44 PM
jsonline wrote an lame artical regarding it. You can tell what side of the fence they are sit on.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/84928722.html

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZVz0V-bek0

wow a lot of negative(and stupid) people in the comments on the jsonline article.

"Does this mean that I can walk around Pick 'n Save, Target, the Milwaukee Art Museum, McDonalds, and the Pabst Theater with two AK-47's strapped to my back? Can I wave my .50 Colt Anaconda around while eating my fish fry at Serb Hall?

Thank you, Republican Party of Wisconsin. Scaring the living hell out of all the unarmed men, women, and children in the Milwaukee area sounds like a hell of a lot of fun!"

Crawlin
02-23-2010, 06:49 AM
you'd be amazed at what districts show up for what kind of "incident"

I was once pulled over for speeding in my old Camaro. Had nitrous and the bottles were mounted on the hump between the rear seats. Cop didn't know what to do(Town of Pewaukee) when he saw it, so up comes the Waukesha County Sheriff and they pull me out of the car. I show them it's not actually hooked up. He doesn't know what to do, so up comes the Highway Patrol. Sat there for an hour. In the end, both of them were confiscated until they know what to do and they had to call the Waukesha County DA. I gave them 24hrs seeing as it might be a good learning experience. After that I called and just said, "I'm either coming for my bottles or my lawyer is, your choice"

And yeah, wow on the comments on the JSOnline thing... I love sheeple. The government will protect us from harm. If that's true, then why does the government officials walk around with ARMED guards.

EDIT - I'd gladly help all those people that say this state sucks. I think Washington D.C. would be best suited since they do not allow handguns period. Or morton grove, IL, the city that in the early 80's outlawed handguns and their crime rose 17%. But yeah, they can go feel safe in D.C. since big brother is right there to protect them against. You know, the place that had been the murder capital of the world at one point. Good job government

LIL EVO
02-23-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't know how many of you are aware of the the group of rifle and shotgun wielding armed robbers on the north side (specifically up and down 76th street), but I work on the north side and couldn't imagine NOT having a gun when I'm on lunch at Subway, Cousins, Culvers, etc. They literally could walk in when I'm on lunch.

I think they are up to 15 or so robberies. No leads aside from various car descriptions.

http://lilevo.com/robbers.jpg

Crawlin
02-23-2010, 10:27 AM
And that right there is why concealed carry is better. If they want to go after a place, and you are open carrying, who do you think the first person they are gonna go after will be?

On yellowbullet.com in the firearms section, they actually used to have a cop set up scenarios and get people's ideas of what their actions should be. Then explain the real action.

LIL EVO
02-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, ideally I would be sitting down, eating, and out of sight, but yeah I get it.

They haven't hurt anyone yet. They did hit a cashier in the head with the butt of the rifle because he couldn't get the drawer open, but that's all I'm aware of.

Rocket Power
02-23-2010, 10:32 AM
And that right there is why concealed carry is better. If they want to go after a place, and you are open carrying, who do you think the first person they are gonna go after will be?
Quoted for truff

Also IMO, some of the open carry people seem to go out of their way to provoke a confrontation. That is not going to get Joe Public on your side, it just makes you look reckless and stupid to the average citizen.

Silver350
02-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I mean I am all for people Open carrying, but it is something I dont do just because of the fact I dont want to deal with the police if someone calls. Even though with the letter from wisconsin attorney general stating that you cannot get proccecuted for carrying I just dont want to deal with the head ache in the now moment.

I think that the members should of opencarry.org should of spent more time handing out flyers then talking with them selves. In all the videos to me it didnt seem like they talked to any patrons that were out that Sunday afternoon. But of course I could be wrong..... Who knows if the media cut that part out.