PDA

View Full Version : LT....gone

gottwins?
02-22-2010, 04:59 PM
http://thestartingfive.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/tomlinson.jpg

Well, anyone who follows the chargers knew this was coming. Chargers realesed Ladanian Tomlinson..clean, clear, and drama free. I would just like to take this time so say, thanks LT for everything that you have done for the charger organization. You gave 100% everytime you stepped out on the field and played with heart. Like many are saying in the media, you will ALWAYS be a charger and an icon to the city. Thanks for the years of enjoyment watching you run up and down the field on opponents every weekend, but above all thanks for being a classy player that plays with heart and gives his all to win. You are one of the best backs of all time, only second to the great Barry Sanders IMO. Good luck wherever you go and I hope you get that ring!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhNhehBHurQ

http://blogs.king5.com/seahawks/images/LT.jpg
http://www.usd314.k12.ks.us/Computer2/devanweb/ladainian.jpg
http://images.theglobeandmail.com/archives/RTGAM/images/20050926/whigh26_front/1tomlinson.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2007/12/ltstiffarm.jpg

Karps TA
02-22-2010, 05:05 PM
He can thank Marty Schottenhiemer for his shortened career. Marty gave LT the rock WAY too damn much in search of rushing titles and other BS records. Great player in his prime, but he's shown the last 2 years to have nothing in the tank.

Best he can do is be a 3rd down back for a contender maybe.

gottwins?
02-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah it was the right move on the chargers part, I was hoping that maybe last year he had some gas in the tank still but the beating has taken a toll.There is a quote somewhere of his teammates describing his body color as purple after a game. :stare Oh well, it was going to happen eventually, im still going to wear my LT jerseys proudly. I think hes still definetly a number 2 runner. The O-line coulnt block for shit all year I mean show me how many times he had a lane to run in, seems like everytime he ran he was jumped by 3 or 4 guys. Seems like in the rare ocassion he had a lane to run in he tripped over himself of exitement! lol

I like how they went about letting him go though, he has enough time now to search his options.

PB86MCSS
02-22-2010, 05:57 PM
He can still be effective but not as the go to guy, unless there are some more injuries he is playing with than he lets on...which might be the case for any 30 year old RB with as many touches as he's had. I guess my point is if that is with part time work he can still be as effective. I wonder what taking a year off would do for a guy in his shoes, still only 30...not that will ever happen but might help get over the nagging crap. With so many teams using multiple backs to share carries almost evenly he will be valuable, just probably not a Pro-Bowl type guy.

I remember fondly trading for him in one of my fantasy leagues in the middle of his best year, 06', trading my top 7 players for him since it was a 2 year keeper league I had him for 07' too. Made the other guy a favorite to win it that year by improving three of his starting spots (besides the loss of LT of course) and set me up to have the best team in 07' :D .

nismodave
02-22-2010, 06:10 PM
:Who cares. He was a flash in the pan, and the Chargers will remain the #1 close but no cigar team in the NFL when it comes to winning a Super bowl.

2nd to Barry Sanders???? Your 300 must have an exhaust leak!:rolf:loser

EDIT: He did have some longevity, didnt realize he was in the leauge since 01....But still is not in the top 10 backs of all time.

gottwins?
02-22-2010, 06:11 PM
He can still be effective but not as the go to guy, unless there are some more injuries he is playing with than he lets on...which might be the case for any 30 year old RB with as many touches as he's had. I guess my point is if that is with part time work he can still be as effective. I wonder what taking a year off would do for a guy in his shoes, still only 30...not that will ever happen but might help get over the nagging crap. With so many teams using multiple backs to share carries almost evenly he will be valuable, just probably not a Pro-Bowl type guy.

I remember fondly trading for him in one of my fantasy leagues in the middle of his best year, 06', trading my top 7 players for him since it was a 2 year keeper league I had him for 07' too. Made the other guy a favorite to win it that year by improving three of his starting spots (besides the loss of LT of course) and set me up to have the best team in 07' :D .

LOL I went to a packer game at lambeau in 07 wearing my LT jersey and got couple people chanting LT. Two guys came up to me later all drunk, letting me how they loved LT for their fantasy teams lol It was the beggining of when I stopped hating the packers for me.

gottwins?
02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
:Who cares. He was a flash in the pan, and the Chargers will remain the #1 close but no cigar team in the NFL when it comes to making a Super bowl.

2nd to Barry Sanders???? Your 300 must have an exhaust leak!:rolf:loser

EDIT: He did have some longevity, didnt realize he was in the leauge since 01....But still is not in the top 10 backs of all time.

Didint he set the record for most receptions by an RB? How about the laundry list of accomplishments? Didin't realize he was in the league since 01? haha :loser Yeah, im listening to you...

"Tomlinson ranks eighth on the all-time rushing list with 12,490 yards. His 138 career rushing touchdowns rank second, and his 153 total touchdowns rank third.He was the NFL’s MVP in 2006, when he set NFL single-season records with 31 touchdowns and 186 points. Tomlinson won the NFL’s rushing title in 2006 and ’07. "

Yeah hes definetly not a top ten back..hahaha wow, go watch a packers game or something.

nismodave
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Could care less about the Packers, but at least they have won a Super Bowl.:rolf

GTSLOW
02-22-2010, 09:31 PM
:stare

gottwins?
02-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Could care less about the Packers, but at least they have won a Super Bowl.:rolf

Im a realist and a fan Dave, which means I love my team because it represents home but I also have come to terms with the facts. So comments like those are empty insults.:thumbsup I appreciate the fact that we are in the playoffs every year and the third most winning team in the last decade. At least I dont cheer on a team that is expected to loose every game IE the lions and raiders. and even if my team are choke artists (which they are, im not going to defend millionares for not doing their jobs come gametime) I am still a fan.

LT is a future hall of famer guarenteed, he played for my team and I appreciate his effort to win. If every talented player on the chargers team had his heart we would have been a dynasty the last decade hands down. He deserves a ring which the chargers have come short on many ocassions for him to achieve so I say good day! and wish him luck.

hrsp
02-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Nismodave you gotta be kidding if you are saying he isnt top 10 of all time...and to call him a flash in the pan is um CRAZY!!!!!

hope he lands on a contender!!!

gottwins?
02-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Nismodave you gotta be kidding if you are saying he isnt top 10 of all time...and to call him a flash in the pan is um CRAZY!!!!!

hope he lands on a contender!!!

Going to be weird not seeing those bolts on his shoulders. :alcoholic:(

gottwins?
02-23-2010, 02:39 AM
21 best memories of 21
Casey Pearce
Posted 3 hours ago
aaAs we celebrate LaDainian Tomlinson’s nine breathtaking seasons in San Diego, Chargers.com takes a look back at the 21 most memorable moments of the future Hall of Famer’s time in lightening bolts.
21. Becoming a Bolt – April 21, 2001 – The Chargers owned the first pick in the draft but swung a trade with the Atlanta Falcons, who wanted to draft quarterback Michael Vick. San Diego picked up Tim Dwight and two additional picks (3rd in 2001, 2nd in 2002) along with the fifth overall selection in 2001, the one they used to grab Tomlinson.

20. What a Start – September 9, 2001 – LaDainian Tomlinson’s NFL debut gave Chargers fans a small glimpse of what they could expect over the next nine seasons. In his first professional game, LT rushed for 113 yards and two touchdowns to help lead the Chargers to a 30-3 victory over the Redskins.

19. Back to Back – September 30 - October 7, 2001 – LT rushed for 100-yards in back-to-back weeks 16 times in his career. The first time he accomplished the feat came in Weeks 3 & 4 of his rookie year. The 107 and 102-yard performances came against Cincinnati and Cleveland, two of the four teams that passed on an opportunity to select Tomlinson in the 2001 NFL Draft.

18. Catching on – December 7-14, 2003 – In a year in which he became the first player to catch 100 passes and rush for 1,000 yards in the same season, LT also became the first Chargers running back to ever record 100 receiving yards in consecutive games. He caught nine passes for 148 yards and two touchdowns in a win at Detroit and followed that performance with an 11-catch, 144-yard outing the next week against Green Bay.

17. Raider Hater – October 20, 2002 – In his first nine seasons, Tomlinson rushed for more yards against the Raiders than any other team (2,017). One of his most memorable performances against Oakland came in 2002 when he rushed for 153 yards and scored a 19-yard, game-winning touchdown in overtime in front of the Black Hole.

16. Another Big Day - December 1, 2002 – LT’s second-highest rushing performance of his career came in a 30-27 win over the Broncos in 2002. He carried 37 times for 220 yards and three touchdowns and also caught 11 passes for 51 yards to help lead the Chargers to victory.

15. Best in Bolts – October 3, 2004 – In just his 52nd career game, Tomlinson rushed for 147 yards against the Tennessee Titans to pass Paul Lowe and become San Diego’s all-time leading rusher.

14. Rushing Title II – December 30, 2007 – In limited action due to the fact that San Diego’s playoff seed was already decided, Tomlinson rushed for 56 yards in a win over the Raiders to hold off Adrian Peterson and give LT his second-consecutive NFL rushing title (1,474 yards).

13. Putting in Overtime – November 15, 2009 – LT scored a 16-yard touchdown in overtime to give the Chargers a 23-17 win over the Titans in Nashville. In the process, Tomlinson became the only player in NFL history to record three overtime touchdowns in a career.

12. Air it Out – September 9, 2007 – Tomlinson threw seven touchdown passes as a Charger, and his last was perhaps the most significant of them all. Trailing Chicago in the fourth quarter of the 2007 regular-season opener, LT hit Antonio Gates for a 17-yard touchdown that proved to be the game winner.

11. Four! – November, 2006 – During his run at the NFL’s single-season touchdown record, Tomlinson recorded back-to-back four-touchdown games in two of the biggest comebacks in team history. His four rushing touchdowns in Cincinnati helped the Chargers overcome a 21-point deficit in the second half, and a week later he scored four times to help San Diego win in Denver after the Bolts trailed 24-7 in the third quarter.

10. Patriot Games - September 29, 2002 – LT’s first 200-yard game of his career came in one of the biggest games in the early part of his career. Tomlinson rushed for 217 yards and two touchdowns – runs of 37 and 58 yards – as the Chargers downed the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots at Qualcomm Stadium.

9. Way to finish – December 28, 2003 – In the Chargers’ regular-season finale, Tomlinson rushed for a franchise-record 243 yards and scored the game-winning touchdown in overtime to begin what is now a 13-game winning streak over Oakland. Also that day, LT caught his 100th pass of the season, making him the first player in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards and record 100 receptions in the same season.

8. One Moore Record – October 16, 2005 – Tomlinson tied former Baltimore Colts running back Lenny Moore’s NFL record by scoring a touchdown in 18 consecutive games during a win at Oakland. LT ran for a touchdown, caught a touchdown pass and threw a scoring strike to Justin Peelle, and in the process became just the fifth player since 1966 to accomplish the trifecta in a single game.

7. Moving on up – December 14, 2008 – In the 2008 regular-season finale, Tomlinson scored three touchdowns to help the Chargers cap an improbable late-season run that gave them their third-consecutive AFC West title. His first rushing touchdown of the night was his 124th of his career, pushing him past Marcus Allen and into second place on the NFL’s all-time list.

6. What a run – December 17, 2006 - The longest touchdown of LT’s career, an 85-yard sprint against the Kansas City Chiefs on NBC’s Sunday Night Football, allowed him break Paul Hornung’s record for points scored in a season. Tomlinson finished the year with 186 points to top Hornung’s 37-year-old mark of 176 set in 1960.

5. Passing a Legend - December 6, 2009 – It was a simple 11-yard gain that carried significance far beyond the first down marker. On a fourth-quarter run in Cleveland last December, Tomlinson passed Jim Brown to move into eighth place on the NFL’s all-time rushing list. After completing the run, LT jumped to his feet, raced to midfield and pointed to the booth where the greatest player in Browns history was sitting. After the game, Brown congratulated Tomlinson in the Chargers’ locker room and the two embraced.

4. The Clincher – December 19, 2004 - On a snowy afternoon at Cleveland Browns Stadium, LT rushed for 111 yards and two touchdowns to help the Chargers clinch their first AFC West title since 1994.

3. Quite an Honor - February 2, 2007 - As clutch as he was on the field during his Chargers tenure, Tomlinson’s contributions to San Diego off the field were just as significant. At the conclusion of his 2006 MVP season, LT was awarded the NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. The honor, named after Tomlinson’s childhood idol, recognizes on-field excellence as well as charitable contributions. LT’s “Touching Lives Foundation” hosts events throughout the year, including youth football camps in San Diego and Texas, a golf tournament, a fishing trip for kids from The Monarch School for homeless and at-risk teens in San Diego, a Thanksgiving program in which they provide more than 2,100 San Diego families with complete holiday dinners and a Christmas program in which they give away more than 1,500 holiday gifts to the patients at San Diego’s Children’s Hospital and Health Center.

2. Over the top – January 6, 2008 - Including the postseason, LT scored 158 touchdowns in a Chargers uniform. Perhaps his most special one came on a rainy Saturday afternoon in January of 2008. With just under nine minutes remaining in San Diego’s Wild Card playoff game, the Chargers led 10-6. Rather than kick a field goal, Norv Turner opted to try to make it a two-score game on a 4th-and-goal from the one yard line. Tomlinson took the Philip Rivers handoff, jumped above the pile and stretched the ball across the plane of the end zone for a touchdown that made the score 17-6 and essentially sealed San Diego’s first playoff victory in 13 seasons.

1. Witnesses to history – December 10, 2006 - That’s what Chargers fans were on so many occasions throughout LT’s career, and it was fitting that Josh Lewin used the term in his well-known call of LT’s record-breaking 29th touchdown in 2006. As soon as Tomlinson reached the end zone, he was greeted by his teammates, who hoisted the new NFL touchdown king on their shoulders. LT finished the year with an NFL-record 31 scores. Last season, Charger fans voted Tomlinson’s record breaker against the Broncos as the second greatest moment in team history.

PB86MCSS
02-23-2010, 08:32 PM
It's all opinion but you can definitely make the case he is a top 10 all-time back. He isn't done yet either....might not add much to his career totals or even a ring, but he might go up on some career lists before it's all over with.

hrsp
02-23-2010, 10:03 PM
i'll still where my authentic powder blue jersey!!!!!

gottwins?
02-24-2010, 11:35 AM
It's all opinion but you can definitely make the case he is a top 10 all-time back. He isn't done yet either....might not add much to his career totals or even a ring, but he might go up on some career lists before it's all over with.

Yeah he can definetly add something to the resume, they just have to get him within 10 yards and he WILL get you a touchdown...his body may be old and worn down but once he smells blood there is not much stopping him. I lean more towards fact on the top 10 though, the guy scored almost as many touchdowns as payton manning and drew brees all last year as a running back lol.:headbang

70challenger452
02-25-2010, 11:43 PM
I can honestly say the Chargers are my second favorite football team and it sucks to see him go but in this day and time, business is still business and the team needs to go forward without him. I had the gut feeling when he scored all those touchdowns in 06 that it was the beginning of the end and it was. I've always wanted to buy a powder blue jersey(by far the coolest football jersey on the face of the planet) I was just never sure who I wanted, I really wanted a Lorenzo Neal jersey but he's gone now.

gottwins?
02-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I can honestly say the Chargers are my second favorite football team and it sucks to see him go but in this day and time, business is still business and the team needs to go forward without him. I had the gut feeling when he scored all those touchdowns in 06 that it was the beginning of the end and it was. I've always wanted to buy a powder blue jersey(by far the coolest football jersey on the face of the planet) I was just never sure who I wanted, I really wanted a Lorenzo Neal jersey but he's gone now.

A Neal jersey would be badass!

Karps TA
03-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Sure sounds like he's going to be joining Brett in purple next year.

Josepy
03-11-2010, 07:45 PM

How do you figure. Would be interesting to see him as a #2 back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d816e59e3&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

moels
03-11-2010, 07:46 PM

Read that in the paper today, I guess they want to cut down on some fumbles?? :goof

Karps TA
03-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Rumors I've heard is he loved his trip to the Vikes, and unless the Jets blow him away, that's where he'd sign.

I would guess his only reluctance is whether or not Favre comes back. But I can't see Favre not coming back if they add LT. Perfect QB/RB combination considering how much Favre likes to dump the ball off.

Plus playing indoors for over half your games, compared to playing in terrible weather on the East coast. Nice temperature controlled dome is easier on the "older" players. He'll get his touches, Chester got almost 100 I think.

moels
03-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Totally agree! I think Peterson is better when there is another back to take some of the load and LT could add alot in that department.

hrsp
03-11-2010, 10:39 PM
if favre comes back i would love for him to be in min...

if no favre then i hope he goes to the jets...(cuz he should get more touches)

i feel either team is a good fit for him...both teams have a good and great young back infront of him and he can be a third down back and a hell of a receiver out of the back field...

Karps TA
03-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Guess he went Jets. Interesting.

hrsp
03-14-2010, 11:53 PM
hope he has a good year...they have a very good team...

gottwins?
03-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Bleh, I would have rather seen him wear purple. JETS just don't appeal to me as a superbowl caliber team just yet. They beat a fading cincinati team and an overconfident, retarded chargers team. Vikings, well...they just got rolled by a really good saints team lol. I really don't think hes going to get his ring now with sanchez at the helm... but you never know.

gottwins?
03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Didin't see this until today....just another reason why L.T. is my favorite of all time. Perfect example of a true football player. Play with heart and not with your mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTMDLwkjykQ

gottwins?
03-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Looks like shit...

http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/images/D/tomlinson-l.jpg