PDA

View Full Version : Por 15

Sprayaway Fox
02-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Anybody use it and have good results after some years?

Looking to use the chassis stuff on my truck, its got some rust on it now but would like to not make it rust anymore than it has to.

Who sells it around here? Thinking about getting a gallon.

Russ Jerome
02-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Its the shit, lasts forever. Direct from vendor, google: Por15.
Search this forum, somone found it close bye (costs a little more).

The only bad results are people who dont bang/grind off the chunks of loose rust.

TransAm12sec
02-19-2010, 11:08 PM
POR-15 is heaven. I've always used the pint size cans. Just remember it's not meant to be exposed to sunlight, so another layer of primer/paint can protect it indefinitely.

Turbo-Triumph
02-19-2010, 11:49 PM
you can find it just off of 50th and lincoln. The name of the place is something "paint supply" they used to sell a lot of automotive paints when laquer was big. i bought and used some 2 years ago,.. seemed to work ok.. i ground the rust off a car chassis but some spots are comeing back.

If you cant find the place, LMK, i can ask my dad. he's who directed me to buy mine.

TIP: This is very important: dont spill 1/4 of the bucket on the floor, then lay in it. My hands were litterly black for weeks. LITTERLY ENTIRLY BLACK FOR WEEKS. im white. this shit isnt normal paint and doesnt come off of skin. you must remove your skin.

kornholio788
02-20-2010, 12:00 AM
You can buy it at Auto Paint and Supply in Waukehsa. And yes. Wear gloves!! I saw more than one guy come back in weeks later with black hands.

Karps TA
02-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Make sure you follow directions. Otherwise the shit is useless. In areas I didn't prep properly, the stuff came off in big sheets. When applied per directions the stuff is great.

mf68chevelle
02-20-2010, 12:34 AM
if you spill any brake fluid on it, it will bubble up.

jbiscuit
02-20-2010, 08:13 AM
I used the POR with the chassis black topcoat and it looks great. I don't really like applying with a foam brush but it seems to work OK. I plan on redoing some of the frame that I tackled last sumer as I learned how ot apply it better to get it more smooth. There is a truck to get it to lay out nice. Can't be too cold out or too hot, less humid the better etc. That basically leaves you with a 2 week window in late June :rolf But seriously though its nice stuff. Just make sure you wear gloves when you apply it! That shit will last months on your hands!

Cryptic
02-20-2010, 09:29 AM
my entire RX7 was POR15'd inside and out... where have you been?
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/gallery/rx7_rebuild/IMG_2946 <--start here

shawn
02-20-2010, 11:36 AM
borchardts sells it on 27th street...i too have had problems with por-15....read the directions and never had a problem again. totally worth the cash

Sprayaway Fox
02-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Been hanging low lately, thanks guys for the help:thumbsup

PB86MCSS
02-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Make sure you follow directions. Otherwise the shit is useless. In areas I didn't prep properly, the stuff came off in big sheets. When applied per directions the stuff is great.

Yep....same for me, great stuff but you need to prep properly.