PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket Rant..........

CATNHAT
02-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Got a speeding ticket yesterday! :fire 1st one in 10 years! And b/c some old balls bastard was driving 10 miles under the speed limit on HWY 83 just north of Mukwonago. Old man wearing a hat driving a truck is the worst driver on the road! I passed him and the po-po was coming in the other lane. DAMN IT! $88 and 4 points.

Rant over...........

PureSound15
02-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Got a speeding ticket yesterday! :fire 1st one in 10 years! And b/c some old balls bastard was driving 10 miles under the speed limit on HWY 83 just north of Mukwonago. Old man wearing a hat driving a truck is the worst driver on the road! I passed him and the po-po was coming in the other lane. DAMN IT! $88 and 4 points.

Rant over...........

Seems pretty cheap! What was the citation for?

moels
02-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Did the old man have a fanny pack and a shirt that says "I'm a motherfucker" ?

If so, I would not mess with him.............hahahaha

animal
So you're saying, the tortoise ended up beating you anyway, Mr. Speedypants?

:rolf

Dasred
That's a really low fine with high points!
Go to court for it, plea no contest, they'll reduce the points, and in lieu of your good record you stand a decent chance of it getting dropped.
Was it actually Mukwonago? Or like one of the little townships?
I lived in Mukwonago for 4 months, got pulled over at least once a month for random stuff, only once for speeding right after I got my new intake.

CATNHAT
02-19-2010, 07:48 AM
So you're saying, the tortoise ended up beating you anyway, Mr. Speedypants?

:rolf

I guess so. I looked at the old man after I pulled over and I dont think he even knew what was going on?

It was a town of mukwonago police officer. I told him about the old man driving slow, he kind of laughed and I said "let me guess, tell it to the judge" he laughed and walked away.

Offense was for 13 over. Lucky 13.

84hurst
02-19-2010, 11:57 AM
It's kinda hard NOT to speed when you are passing someone in the oncoming lane. I don't know about you but when I do it I just wanna hurry up and get back into my lane. Then I'll coast back down to 5 over. I'd try to get the entire ticket dropped at court. You shoulda asked the cop why he didn't pull over the old guy and give him a ticket for "Impeding traffic by slow speed." Yes it is illegal. Oh, and driving under the speed limit pisses me off too.

WickedSix
02-19-2010, 12:20 PM
go to court get it reduced or thrown out....moving radar is unreliable (thats y you see more cops on the freeway siting instead of moving through traffic these days)

There are plenty of sights explaining the phenomenon

http://tipmra.com/new_tipmra/moving_radar_update.htm

05caddyext
02-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Moving radar problem won't really matter to the judge this time because you were caught passing another vehicle. Judge will assume the other car was going the speed limit and you passed at a higher rate of speed. Worth a try but I think the judge will tell you to take a hike. Going to court almost guarantees a reduction just by showing up. Your good driving record will help you also just don't be a dick and you'll be fine. Don't blame your citation on the other guy, they hear that $hit 100 times a day. The cop caught you, admit it and you'll have a better shot at getting it reduced/dropped.

lordairgtar
02-19-2010, 06:25 PM
If the cop had the newer lazer gun, you won't beat it. I love the Mr. Speedypants comment. :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolfThanks, Animal! I move we make it Catnhat's new user name. All in favor???:rolf

CATNHAT
02-19-2010, 07:01 PM
If the cop had the newer lazer gun, you won't beat it. I love the Mr. Speedypants comment. :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolfThanks, Animal! I move we make it Catnhat's new user name. All in favor???:rolf

:3gears:

Gregor
02-19-2010, 07:17 PM
I second the change to "Mr. Speedypants"

Reverend Cooper
02-19-2010, 08:12 PM
if you were in a toyota you would prolly be ok,the accel. stuck officer.

SSLEVO
02-19-2010, 10:01 PM
According to my friends you are allowed to go 10 over while passing on a 2 lane hwy in MN. So are you going 3 or 13 over when pulled over? lol

CATNHAT
02-19-2010, 10:55 PM
if you were in a toyota you would prolly be ok,the accel. stuck officer.

:thumbsup That was good..............

Probably be dead if I WAS in a toyota for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. accelerator stuck, crashed and burned Maverick.
or
2. Scotty says: i need more power jim, head on collision: dead.

70 cutlass 442
02-20-2010, 03:02 AM
I guess so. I looked at the old man after I pulled over and I dont think he even knew what was going on?

It was a town of mukwonago police officer. I told him about the old man driving slow, he kind of laughed and I said "let me guess, tell it to the judge" he laughed and walked away.

Offense was for 13 over. Lucky 13.

Will this be at the town hall or the joint municipal court in north prairie?

if its at the joint municipal court, you will either have a younger guy as the city attorney, or a kind of hott girl as the attorney... either one will let you go down to a defective spedo which will be a 2 pt ticket.... insurence wont be affected and the forfiture will stay the same.

It's kinda hard NOT to speed when you are passing someone in the oncoming lane. I don't know about you but when I do it I just wanna hurry up and get back into my lane. Then I'll coast back down to 5 over. I'd try to get the entire ticket dropped at court. You shoulda asked the cop why he didn't pull over the old guy and give him a ticket for "Impeding traffic by slow speed." Yes it is illegal. Oh, and driving under the speed limit pisses me off too.

day one of dirvers ed: "you cannot increase speed above posted speed limit to pass a driver"

go to court get it reduced or thrown out....moving radar is unreliable (thats y you see more cops on the freeway siting instead of moving through traffic these days)

There are plenty of sights explaining the phenomenon

http://tipmra.com/new_tipmra/moving_radar_update.htm

that site is horse shit. most of those myths go back to the 70s when radar was first being developed and implemented in law enforcement, the only possible argument would be if he was rounding a bend and the angle of deflection interfered with the reading. But todays radar is very capable of cutting out interference and false readings and if something is not within the equation for the radar to calculate a projected speed, it will simply not read.

Reverend Cooper
02-20-2010, 06:36 AM
:thumbsup That was good..............

Probably be dead if I WAS in a toyota for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. accelerator stuck, crashed and burned Maverick.
or
2. Scotty says: i need more power jim, head on collision: dead.

Nah,your smart enough to get it into neutral.Maybe?

CATNHAT
02-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Nah,your smart enough to get it into neutral.Maybe?

Nuetral? That gear doesnt do very much?:alcoholic

PureSound15
02-20-2010, 09:05 AM
According to my friends you are allowed to go 10 over while passing on a 2 lane hwy in MN. So are you going 3 or 13 over when pulled over? lol

That might be useful information if we were in MN? :confused