PDA

View Full Version : Some guy totally hates me right now.

-stew-
02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Dude called yesterday about my truck, we made tentative plans to meet today at 8:30, he was gonna call me at 8:00. No call. At 9:00 phone rings, some dude from Port Washington calls, asks about it, seems interested, says he's gonna come down and look at it and will be here at 10:30ish. 9:15 the first guy calls and apologizes about the lateness and that he will be there in an hour or so. He shows up at 10:20, other guy shows up at 10:30. Guy from PW was all bent outta shape hollerin about he had to drive down here. I told him it was still for sale and he was free to look at it while the other guy looked at it. He stomped back into his jeep and chirped out. Myself, I'd have waited till the first guy looked at it and made a decision; then look at it if it goes unsold. Oh well. I don't believe people are gonna come look at shit until they come look at shit. Guy who showed up first bought it.

House hunting here I come...

xxtremeteam
02-18-2010, 12:08 PM
damn port washington people

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
damn port washington people

exactly.

Back to OP, i don't count on people showing until they actually arrive. I'll let a 2nd party know if someone already has interest and can still look. There is no hold policy for vehicles for sale.

HY35F2T
02-18-2010, 12:22 PM
I love how people think there special they should have there own showing time.lol

07ROUSHSTG3
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
he was the guy that was late. only can blame himself.

animal
02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Eh PW is nothing. A buddy of mine drove up to rhinelander to look at a truck at a used dealer, asked them to hold it, put $100 down on a CC, and then they sold it 30 mins before he got there and refunded him the 100.

I'm sure a few choice words were said.

Crawlin
02-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Sell now, not later.

$100 commitment is shit. I don't care who the person is or what their income is. We've had people back out of a deal and LET us keep the $1500 deposit on a $10,000 truck. So just cause money is down, doesn't mean they'll be taking it home.

Not a personal dig at animal's example or anything, just telling how it is in the real world.

Exitspeed
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
What a fag.

Car Guy
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
he was the guy that was late. only can blame himself.

If I understand the story correctly the person from Port Washington was not late. He was on time while the original person who was supposed to look at it was late; however 'latey' still arrived 10 minutes before the person from Port Washington.....

animal
02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Sell now, not later.

$100 commitment is shit. I don't care who the person is or what their income is. We've had people back out of a deal and LET us keep the $1500 deposit on a $10,000 truck. So just cause money is down, doesn't mean they'll be taking it home.

Not a personal dig at animal's example or anything, just telling how it is in the real world.

No I'm not saying $100 is anything at all, but I guess I'd realistically expect that they can hold it for me. If I call a used car dealer and say, here's $100 to hold the truck while I make the 3 hour trip up to you, I think it's reasonable to expect that they would do it if they felt any ethical obligation to a customer. Perhaps if they had no intention of holding it, they'd tell me, hey if a buyer comes along in the interim, we'll call you so you can turn around.

I know this isn't a dealer sale, and money talks so the above example doesn't apply as far as a dealer/non dealer discussion, i was only using it as reference how much worse it could've been than a trip from PW with no money down :)

07ROUSHSTG3
02-18-2010, 02:49 PM
If I understand the story correctly the person from Port Washington was not late. He was on time while the original person who was supposed to look at it was late; however 'latey' still arrived 10 minutes before the person from Port Washington.....

oh, gotcha.

Feature Pony
02-18-2010, 03:59 PM
AHHH you tell everyone who rides a harley to fuck them self, so tell that ass wipe to go fuck himself! LOL