PDA

View Full Version : Carfax

Slow Joe
02-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Anyone have it? I've seen the autocheck report on a car, and would like to compare it with the carfax.

The autocheck says "Fleet Management Corporation COLLISION REPAIR PERFORMED " however it was never involved in a police reported accident according to autocheck. I just want to see if Carfax says anything different...

Car Guy
02-16-2010, 10:28 PM
From my experience Autocheck is more accurate, detailed, and thorough......

Slow Joe
02-16-2010, 10:29 PM
I've seen it both ways. Personally I prefer a Carfax, however I'm a cheap ass... :rolf

Car Guy
02-16-2010, 10:38 PM
I've seen it both ways. Personally I prefer a Carfax, however I'm a cheap ass... :rolf

Interesting, I never did run a VIN through both services at the same time to compare but felt AutoCheck was better overall. I noticed about a week ago Carfax raised their rates considerably, no reason to now consider yourself a cheap ass.....

william schlosser
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Someone let me use there AutoChek service. It said my car was damaged in 2005 but it was not. i have had the car since 2003.

kornholio788
02-18-2010, 11:46 AM
If it was never police recorded it is possible it might not show up on carfax at all. My gf got in an accident which required pulling at a shop. But no police were called when she hit the lady. When searching the car fax when she turned the car in it was clean as a whistle.

67-400
02-28-2010, 05:19 PM
I would have started my own thread, but there are many threads like these. As it says, i'm lookin to get a carfax/auto check report for an Audi A6 i might buy, he says it is clean but just to make sure. PM me & i will get you the VIN. Thanks.
-Mike

SMOKDU
02-28-2010, 05:26 PM
I would have started my own thread, but there are many threads like these. As it says, i'm lookin to get a carfax/auto check report for an Audi A6 i might buy, he says it is clean but just to make sure. PM me & i will get you the VIN. Thanks.
-Mike

http://milwaukeefreecarfax.com/