PDA

View Full Version : Website hosting?

badass88gt
02-16-2010, 04:54 PM
I dont know a ton about this stuff but I'm learning. Ive been messing around with our Cub Scout Pack's website (westonpack439.org) and it is time to renew our web hosting package. We are with www.Startlogic.com on the ProLogic package, the renewal comes out to $8/month.

What I'm wondering is, would it be worth it for me to switch to somewhere else and save $3 a month? We pay a year at a time and we dont have a billion dollars in the account, so I was thinking saving $35 a year would be nice, but is it worth the effort and hassle? If we move, do I need to rebuild the site from scratch or would the new place just take over, leaving the site untouched?

Myles
02-16-2010, 05:03 PM
You would have to move the entire site. No hosting company moves sites for you unless you pay for them to manage everything.

badass88gt
02-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah, we really havent used this in the last year or so, I have just recently got it going again so there are no complaints so far. I just figured, if there was better out there, now would be the time. If that price is reasonable, we'll leave it alone.