PDA

View Full Version : CL ad, seriously...???

Car Guy
02-16-2010, 02:08 PM
People still go roller skating.....:goof

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/wan/1602023578.html

Someone to go with me to skateland in butler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-02-15, 1:46PM CST
Reply to: sale-fvkxh-1602023578@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I know this is really a weird request but is there anyone on here who goes to skateland in butler and would be willing to befriend a white girl who wants to learn how to jam skate? Butler has a skating class on Wednesday evenings for adults and I really want to go. The problem is that I have been told by a LOT of people that I shouldn't go by myself because I am white. People have told me that I will most likely be beaten up if I go, but its the only place around here that offers classes that teach more than just rudimentary skating skills. I thought maybe if I went with someone who goes to butler already and who has friends, that it wouldn't be so bad. Or if you have other ideas on how to help me, feel free to email me as well. Sorry for such a weird request and thank you for reading my post...

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1602023578

WhatsADSM
02-16-2010, 02:46 PM
:rolf:rolf hahaha. So now true story.

Yea my wife and I and her asian friend (who is probably the "white-est" one among us) went to butler one night for adult skate... I clearly had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into:

Once we made the turn into the parking lot we were immediately out of our element. But I figured what the hell, I'd go anyways. Me and my wife were essentially the only 2 white people there, along with an older guy and a young kid that looked like he was in late high school /early college. It was WEIRD to say the least, but honestly it was pretty harmless. Truthfully I had a good time and never really felt threatened or anything. Plus it was kind of cool to watch some of the people out there skate, as they are pretty impressive. Also hadn't heard real R&B music in a while.

Moral of the story, I can understand why someone would say that about butler skateland... as to why they would post up about it on craigslist is beyond me?! There is another Skateland somewhere a little more north too. Why not just go there if she is uncomfortable?

Dr.Buick
02-16-2010, 02:50 PM
West bend has a skateland

WhatsADSM
02-16-2010, 02:51 PM
West bend has a skateland

Ahh yea that's the one I was thinking about. To bad West Bend is way out there in the boonies. I hear if you drive much further you will drive off the end of the earth :goof

84hurst
02-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Wouldn't catch me there, and not because I don't skate!:rolf

Dr.Buick
02-16-2010, 03:22 PM
:rolf
Ahh yea that's the one I was thinking about. To bad West Bend is way out there in the boonies. I hear if you drive much further you will drive off the end of the earth :goof
To bad I hear that's were the fun happens. Not like the old folks were you live:rolf

0TransAm0
02-16-2010, 03:25 PM
sombody has to email her and ask for pics.. tell her you will go but you need to see what she looks like first :)

Car Guy
02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
sombody has to email her and ask for pics.. tell her you will go but you need to see what she looks like first :)

Do it...!!! :D

pOrk
02-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Why is skating a primarily black hobby now? All my dark skinned buddies, all they talk about is skating and going to cool waters

mrz28M6
02-16-2010, 03:54 PM
ok just did it! lets see if she will respond. lol