PDA

View Full Version : Droid phone

Rocket Power
02-15-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm with Verizon and staying with them. When I upgrade I am looking at the Storm2 and the Droid. I like my Storm, but am wondering how those of you that have a Droid like it. How's the battery life? Are they issues with the phone?

Reverend Cooper
02-15-2010, 09:13 PM
i went with the lg tritan,after wanting a droid,it does almost the same things as the droid and it was very user friendlt and eye sux at teh intrawebs

Deggy
02-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Played around with a friends Droid, all around, I just didn't like how it functioned, or even how it felt holding it. I felt like I was always gonna drop it. I also prefer a full touchscreen phone. So I own a iPhone, but since you are sticking with Verizon, go with the Storm2. I was a BB owner and I liked what BB had to offer.

SmokinRAM114
02-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Played around with a friends Droid, all around, I just didn't like how it functioned, or even how it felt holding it. I felt like I was always gonna drop it. I also prefer a full touchscreen phone. So I own a iPhone, but since you are sticking with Verizon, go with the Storm2. I was a BB owner and I liked what BB had to offer.

i think it functions much smoother then the i phone.. and it is full touch screen? also the motorola has the slide out keyboard which i like because my fat fingers push more then one button on the screen. my gf has the htc version which doesnt have the slide out key board. i also think its sweet the driod will play adobe flash videos. Im hard on phones and i like being able to take my phone to verizon to have it fixed or replace which i believe u have to take the i phone to an apple store?? i also hate how you have to download an app for i tunes just to send or recieve picture mail from your honeys..:goof my gf and i have a family plan which came out to be almost $40 a mo cheaper than att for the same services. I travel A LOT for work and my att phone for work DOES NOT have service near the U.p. where my verizon phone has 3g coverage.

if you have a storm and get a droid i dont think youll ever want that storm back..

Deggy
02-16-2010, 09:18 AM
i think it functions much smoother then the i phone.. and it is full touch screen? also the motorola has the slide out keyboard which i like because my fat fingers push more then one button on the screen. my gf has the htc version which doesnt have the slide out key board. i also think its sweet the driod will play adobe flash videos. Im hard on phones and i like being able to take my phone to verizon to have it fixed or replace which i believe u have to take the i phone to an apple store?? i also hate how you have to download an app for i tunes just to send or recieve picture mail from your honeys..:goof my gf and i have a family plan which came out to be almost $40 a mo cheaper than att for the same services. I travel A LOT for work and my att phone for work DOES NOT have service near the U.p. where my verizon phone has 3g coverage.

if you have a storm and get a droid i dont think youll ever want that storm back..

You can picture message without the app (Since summer at least). I wasn't trying to stir up a "what's the better smart phone arguement" And what I meant by "full" touchscreen was no slide out keyboard. I probably just am biased against the droid because I never really liked any Motorolla phones.
All in all, it's pretty much preference when it comes to phones. AT&T give me coverage where I go, and that's all I care for. I have 3G coverage all the way up north usually. As long as your phone does what you need it to do and you like it, then their ya go.

BoosTT
02-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Droid rocks. I have 3 of them...

SmokinRAM114
02-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Droid rocks. I have 3 of them...

Wtf? One for the wifey and one for each boo?? Lol

SmokinRAM114
02-16-2010, 09:29 AM
You can picture message without the app (Since summer at least). I wasn't trying to stir up a "what's the better smart phone arguement" And what I meant by "full" touchscreen was no slide out keyboard. I probably just am biased against the droid because I never really liked any Motorolla phones.
All in all, it's pretty much preference when it comes to phones. AT&T give me coverage where I go, and that's all I care for. I have 3G coverage all the way up north usually. As long as your phone does what you need it to do and you like it, then their ya go.

I guess it wasn't supposed to read how I typed it :goof

That_Guy
02-16-2010, 09:39 AM
i have the t-mobile g1 i love it. there are a ton of free apps that are really freakin cool

Moparjim
02-16-2010, 11:23 AM
I love the droid. Awesome speed, form, and function. I love having a real keypad. Tons of cool free apps, many more to come.

MoCkiN U
02-16-2010, 11:28 AM
i cant wait till may so I can get my own droid. I really am a big fan of that phone. I actually like the htc one the most for its sleek style but fear I'll miss the textile feel of a keyboard tons!

84hurst
02-16-2010, 12:05 PM
I've had the droid for about 3 weeks now and love it. I thought at first I'd never get used to the thing but it's really user friendly. Battery life has been good. I'm on it probably at least 2 hours a day and the battery is still at 50%. Apps are good and there are more and more out every day. I've probably downloaded at least 50. And it has the headphone jack (like the iphone) so you can hardwire it to your car radio too. I never use the keyboard though. The keys are flush with the phone so it's hard to pinpoint what letter you are on unless you look first. But it does automatically fix grammer errors which is cool.

Rocket Power
02-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Definitely sounds like I need to play with one in the store some more.

badass88gt
02-16-2010, 08:17 PM
If I had Verizon available up here I would have a Droid, but we dont so I have an iPhone instead.

Al
02-16-2010, 08:28 PM
I have a droid and my brother has a strom II.

Overall, my droid is about 10x faster than the storm.

The only qualm that I have with my droid is that it cannot run all web pages properly. About 90% of them work.

Over all, I like it.

84hurst
02-16-2010, 09:21 PM
If I had Verizon available up here I would have a Droid, but we dont so I have an iPhone instead.

Wow no service in wausau? I go through wausau serveral times a year up to the hunting cabin and I always get 3g coverage, even an hour Northwest when my friend with the iPhone can't get shit for coverage up there!

badass88gt
02-16-2010, 09:39 PM
We have service but there are no Verizon dealers in Marathon County. Apparantly there is some no-compete contract in place among cell providers here from way back in the day. We can only have 3 cell providers and we have Sprint, AT&T and Cellcom.

MoCkiN U
02-16-2010, 09:46 PM
I have a droid and my brother has a strom II.

Overall, my droid is about 10x faster than the storm.

The only qualm that I have with my droid is that it cannot run all web pages properly. About 90% of them work.

Over all, I like it.

havent played with one to get too technical on it as you know my story but on the bb devices there were several browsers and each one acted differently. Each one opened more stuff. You had to enable internet explorer or firefox to open all pages. the bb browser was script only.

Also there was a java option to enable.

Do you think you have all of those set right? You could check out the droid forums also they are pretty geeky with that stuff if you arent on there already

http://www.droidforums.net/

dude, rocket power.....take a look over there too. Might get good device specific feedback along with what you got here from our members

Rocket Power
02-16-2010, 09:59 PM
http://www.droidforums.net/

dude, rocket power.....take a look over there too. Might get good device specific feedback along with what you got here from our members
Good call, you steered me right when I got my Storm with crackberry.com too:thumbsup

1320PNY
02-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Droid is good. Only issues I see are phone calls while web browsing and some bluetooth connectivity.
Outside of that it is just as good as yhe iPhone and better in some regards such as screen resolution and video playback.

hrsp
02-16-2010, 10:21 PM
i want one of these....:(

Jeff
02-16-2010, 10:52 PM
I love my droid, I never use my keyboard because like 84hurst said the keys are all flat, but the system runs very fast and smooth, and very user friendly. But if you like the Droid OS but don't like the keyboard on the phone (if you play with it) wait till spring when the Nexus One comes out with Verizon...

MoCkiN U
02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
HRSP, you dropped that and I had to look. That does look damn sexy!!

Nexus One

http://media.techeblog.com/images/nexus_one_phone_verizon.jpg

lit666
02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
it's taking them way to long to come out with the nexus. oh well I have my iphone and love it.

MoCkiN U
02-17-2010, 04:59 PM
sometimes that is testing and sometimes that is performance. The business might be sustaining sales right now so no need to drive people into the stores with a new device.

Rocket Power
02-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Maybe they learned a lesson from when the storm first came out. :)

MoCkiN U
02-17-2010, 05:14 PM
probably not^ LOL

They'll make that mistake again for sure which is dumb

FoxStang
02-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Hmmm, If I didn't get such a good deal from AT&T I'd consider this for my next phone. Though it does bother me that you can't talk/text/browse at the same time with Verizon, I actually use function of my iphone quite a bit. How much is that Nexus slotted for pricing?

MoCkiN U
02-18-2010, 12:08 AM
vzw used to put dual radios in their phones but not many used them. It used to be a dig against iphone when it first came out cause it couldnt and their samsung i760 and 6800 could at vzw.

NOW, why did vzw stop? I dont know.

Now att talks about it daily cause of the attack on their maps but there are phones with vzw that do talk and browse at same time as I have one in my hand now. I bet they will bring that back jsut to shut up att

FoxStang
02-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Although I will say Verizon seems to have a crappy network here in Chicago, at least by the lake, all my friends phones seem to get funky that are on Verizon. I do however like that they get service underground in the subway. Hmmm, I'll have to think about switching when I'm due for a new phone.

MoCkiN U
02-18-2010, 01:54 AM
repeater agreement with chicago transit authority. was a major deal won a couple years ago. its not that there is a signal "there" its that they were allowed to install repeaters underground to transmit data. WIN!

hrsp
02-18-2010, 02:16 AM
now i cant get one...:(

Rocket Power
02-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Though it does bother me that you can't talk/text/browse at the same time with Verizon, I actually use function of my iphone quite a bit.
I've seen the AT&T ads about that and I had never even thought about doing that. I'll surf,talk or text but never wanted to do two of them at the same time.

1320PNY
02-18-2010, 05:06 PM
I've seen the AT&T ads about that and I had never even thought about doing that. I'll surf,talk or text but never wanted to do two of them at the same time.

It comes in handy when you put the person on speaker and use the nav, or when you want to send an e-mail pic while on the conversation.

Not necessarily a deal breaker, but handy.

BoosTT
02-18-2010, 05:52 PM
^^^ Agreed. I get logged off my email and chat accounts when I get a call.

But, I actually do carry two vzw phones, lol.

hrsp
02-20-2010, 01:36 AM
may go and get one now..my sprint service hasnt been good..at all...

Ricky Bobby
07-15-2010, 07:24 PM
just got the new droid X so far am liking it a whole lot better than my storm :rolf

That_Guy
07-15-2010, 08:14 PM
I just upgraded to a moto cliq xt so awesome.

Holeshot
07-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I like my moto droid. I have rooted it and I have been running custom roms and I am currently using a 1.2 ghz low voltage kernel. Battery life it good if you use custom setting that are available on the android apps market. I was considering getting the droid x but Motorola locked the bootloader on that phone so it will take a long time break that so it can be rooted. I wifi tether my droid on my laptop all the time. The only draw back is that Verizon phones are CDMA not SIM. If you go over seas you will have issues an probably won't be able to use it as CDMA is extremely rare.

0TransAm0
07-15-2010, 08:52 PM
to bad US CRAPullar has all the stupid phones.. wish they could get on the same page as all the other companies and get droid/i phone ect.. blackberry sucks.

Exitspeed
07-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Just got a Droid a few weeks ago. This phone is awesome. I've never been a phone whore, but I'm really digging what these kind of phones do. My service is super fast too.

Holeshot
07-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Just got a Droid a few weeks ago. This phone is awesome. I've never been a phone whore, but I'm really digging what these kind of phones do. My service is super fast too.

Just wait till the 2.2 froyo update comes. You will have adobe flash which apple will never have. Coming very soon. :thumbsup

That_Guy
07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Just wait till the 2.2 froyo update comes. You will have adobe flash which apple will never have. Coming very soon. :thumbsup

My update is suppose to be any month now. I'm so pumped.

GTSLOW
07-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Droid X for me! Only one more month until new every 2.

Lv2xlr8
07-15-2010, 10:16 PM
I have the Droid, and I have never liked a phone more. Its like having a laptop with me where ever I go. (well in 3g coverage anyway) but even still, I was in Wausau couple months ago where I didnt have coverage, but was able to connect with the wifi where I could.

GTSLOW
07-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Two people in my station went from iPhones to droid incredible. They couldn't be more happy. Better phone, service, etc....

88Nightmare
07-15-2010, 11:01 PM

I literally cannot think of one instance where I was using my iphone and stumbled upon a situation where I thought "Damn, I wish the iphone supported flash".........

Rocket Power
07-15-2010, 11:17 PM
just got the new droid X so far am liking it a whole lot better than my storm :rolf
How is it sizewise compared to the storm?

Myles
07-15-2010, 11:28 PM
I literally cannot think of one instance where I was using my iphone and stumbled upon a situation where I thought "Damn, I wish the iphone supported flash".........

Did you think about that when they didn't have mms? or multitasking? or a multitude of other things smart phones are supposed to have?

Ricky Bobby
07-16-2010, 06:33 AM
How is it sizewise compared to the storm?

just longer for the huge ass screen lol, so far i like it super fast compared to the storm1 i had :thumbsup

Moparjim
07-16-2010, 10:29 AM

Are you kidding me? Just about every website has flash content on it from picture galleries to videos to animations to whatever.

Not to mention FLV pron lol.

84hurst
07-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Any more info on rooting? What the phone can do afterwards and such. Does this cause issues if the phone needs replacement and doesn't it have to be done just right or you totally f*ck your phone up?

Holeshot
07-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Any more info on rooting? What the phone can do afterwards and such. Does this cause issues if the phone needs replacement and doesn't it have to be done just right or you totally f*ck your phone up?

Rooting basically allows you to run custom roms from other open source developers/ hackers. Its also allows tethering via usb or wifi. I am using my phone as a wifi hot spot right now. Rooting will and does void your warranty.

It also allows you to over clock the processor up to 1.3 ghz via custom kernels built from open source. I'm currently running 1.2 ghz p3 kernel and my phone is pretty damn quick. Its damn near impossible to brick the moto droid if its rooted correctly. As long as SP Recovery is installed via RSD lite ( motorola's repair software) you will be fine.

If your serious about rooting your 2.1 update 1 android phone here is a link to one of the android forms I frequent

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Cryptic
07-16-2010, 03:35 PM

This year summerfest.com was a site that was completely flash, which was completely useless to 99.9% of the phones. Retarded that they didn't have an alternate site. It would of been useful to look up what's playing where and when. Flash is everywhere. Phones need to support it.

Holeshot
07-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Mike you don't know the full potential of your phone if you don't realize what your missing by not having flash. Im not knocking the I phone , but Apple need to realize that Adobe Flash is not going any where and its gonna kill their market share if they continue to not use flash as part of their software platform.

I love flash on my droid it was well worth rooting it and loading a custom 2.2 froyo rom in order to get it. Hell the official release of froyo for the droid phones is not even released yet except for the Droid X that was released yesterday. The rest of the android market will be getting the update in the next 3 to 5 weeks.

Troutman
07-16-2010, 07:20 PM
I owned the Droid X for all of 3 minutes today until it F'd itself all up. Screen started flickering and doing all types of weird sh*t (kinda like back in the day when TV reception wouldnt come in very well). Now they cant get another one in the midwest until the 23rd. My current phones screen got cracked last week so I waited till the Xs release to get a new one. On the plus side Verizon is hookin me up with a nice discount for my troubles.

T-Bag
07-16-2010, 07:27 PM
This year summerfest.com was a site that was completely flash, which was completely useless to 99.9% of the phones. Retarded that they didn't have an alternate site. It would of been useful to look up what's playing where and when. Flash is everywhere. Phones need to support it.

Did you know if you went to m.summerfest.com you got a text based mobile version?

I used it several times....

BlackLightning
07-16-2010, 08:01 PM
I tried getting a screen protector for the droid X tonight and the verizon ones are smaller then the screen. That is kind of ridiculous. I found this online about them just now.

http://www.breakandmake.com/2010/07/15/verizons-droid-x-screen-protectors-come-up-short-literally/

Ricky Bobby
07-16-2010, 09:10 PM
it covers all the touch screen portion where u run ur fingers over to use the phone the gloss black part doesnt need it imo with case on gonna be very hard to scratch that little portion

BlackLightning
07-16-2010, 09:53 PM
it covers all the touch screen portion where u run ur fingers over to use the phone the gloss black part doesnt need it imo with case on gonna be very hard to scratch that little portion

I'd rather it cover the whole thing so when it's in my pocket with keys those parts don't get all messed up. I think the edges of the partial cover would be all messed up too and potential for peeling off.

Ricky Bobby
07-16-2010, 09:59 PM
i see ur point i just dont put it in the pocket with shit just the lint :rolf

88Nightmare
07-17-2010, 02:49 AM
Did you think about that when they didn't have mms? or multitasking? or a multitude of other things smart phones are supposed to have?
No. I bought my iphone on black friday last year. I have just a basic 3G unit. Since day 1 of ownership, I was able to do mms. Even with the iOS4 upgrade, the 3G still does not support multi-task. Very rarely do I want to run multiple apps, but the few times I would have liked to, it really did not inconvenience me at all. I'm sure once I upgrade to a iphone 4, I will thoroughly enjoy the multi-tasking. But until then, I'm not bothered by the lack of it.

Did you know if you went to m.summerfest.com you got a text based mobile version?

I used it several times....

I too have used it several times.

When I used the summerfest site, it was to look up who was playing, when, and where. I don't need all sorts of flash animations to look up what I need. I just wanted info :thumbsup

badass88gt
07-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Sounds like the iPhone is overkill for your cellphone needs. I use my phone mostly for Internet access and my iPhone sucks. A big part of it is we don't have 3G up here yet but like it was said, no flash makes viewing websites a major pain in the ass...

GTSLOW
07-17-2010, 02:31 PM
New droid X takes 720P video and has an HDMI out put. Droid > iPhone

michelle
08-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Droid X for me! Only one more month until new every 2.

I just called Verizon and "Andrew" bumped up my upgrade discount 2 months for me based on my good history with Verizon. He kept saying it was a "one time thing", but blah to that. :)

PS - Just ordered the Droid X. Now to find a cute hot pink cover for it!

Bart H
08-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Got flash and the legit 2.2 upgrade on my Droid!

Rocket Power
08-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Wish they'd do a Buy one get one on the Droid X or incredible, I can't pay $200 x 2 for phones. We got our storms on a BOGO. I see they have ot for the original Droid.

Karps TA
08-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Considering they can't keep up with demand for the X and Incredible the way it is, I'd bet that's a ways off.

I can't wait till I can upgrade.

Holeshot
08-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Got flash and the legit 2.2 upgrade on my Droid!

So your not rooted then. Been running 2.2 for almost a month. Its nice update but you should root so you can over clock and run that phone to its full potential.

Bart H
08-04-2010, 02:09 PM
No rooting for this guy. Not savvy enough to monkey around with it.

Myles
08-04-2010, 02:42 PM
So your not rooted then. Been running 2.2 for almost a month. Its nice update but you should root so you can over clock and run that phone to its full potential.

Unless you can cut all communications with google to prevent the ads as well as them tracking you real time there is no point in rooting it. I don't see enough programs out there that really wow me as a tech guy. Overclocking a phone is kinda like painting it a fancy color at this point. Cept it drains your battery faster.

Rocket Power
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Considering they can't keep up with demand for the X and Incredible the way it is, I'd bet that's a ways off.

I know, I wish people would quit buying them for a little while
:rolf:goof

The orig droid is like 149 with a bogo, but I'm afraid if I went that route I'd be pissed I didn't get the X or incredible.

And of course 2 days after I bought the orig the other 2 would goto on a $99 bogo .:rolf

Holeshot
08-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Unless you can cut all communications with google to prevent the ads as well as them tracking you real time there is no point in rooting it. I don't see enough programs out there that really wow me as a tech guy. Overclocking a phone is kinda like painting it a fancy color at this point. Cept it drains your battery faster.

I don't know Myles . I'm running a 7 slot low voltage kernel and am getting 30 plus hours before my battery hits 40 % and thats under pretty heavy use. The nicest thing with root is being able to wifi tether and usb tether which Verizon refuses to offer in their / google OS. Thats what cool about android. Its open source.

BlackLightning
08-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I am happy with the X so far. My only complaint is I wish the speaker was louder. I can't hear it ring when any machine is running in the shop. There is supposedly a fix coming for this but who knows.

Myles
08-04-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't know Myles . I'm running a 7 slot low voltage kernel and am getting 30 plus hours before my battery hits 40 % and thats under pretty heavy use. The nicest thing with root is being able to wifi tether and usb tether which Verizon refuses to offer in their / google OS. Thats what cool about android. Its open source.

And that will be useless as well once they put the 5 gig max in effect. nokia has open source as well, so open source is not new in the first place. I did find an OS that I can replace android with, just gotta find the right packages so I can use it as a phone still. Otherwise I am going to have to get another blackberry. Sucks cause the hardware is good.

EDIT- Nevermind, gonna hold out till this is released - http://www.else-mobile.com/#/Touch/ThesPlay

No android and full linux instead of google linux.

Cryptic
08-05-2010, 12:43 AM
No. I bought my iphone on black friday last year. I have just a basic 3G unit. Since day 1 of ownership, I was able to do mms. Even with the iOS4 upgrade, the 3G still does not support multi-task. Very rarely do I want to run multiple apps, but the few times I would have liked to, it really did not inconvenience me at all. I'm sure once I upgrade to a iphone 4, I will thoroughly enjoy the multi-tasking. But until then, I'm not bothered by the lack of it.

I too have used it several times.

When I used the summerfest site, it was to look up who was playing, when, and where. I don't need all sorts of flash animations to look up what I need. I just wanted info :thumbsup

Their programmers need to learn to use browser re-direction. I had no clue an alternative site existed.

Cryptic
08-05-2010, 01:06 AM
EDIT- Nevermind, gonna hold out till this is released - http://www.else-mobile.com/#/Touch/ThesPlay

No android and full linux instead of google linux.

Fancy website and all but what networks is going to carry this phone? Who's networks are UMTS or GSM Edge? Will it get the app following that Andriod, Apple, and Blackberry have?

Proc comparison:
Droid X = Texas Instruments OMAP3630
Else = Texas Instruments OMAP3430 <-- already lagging behind by 400mhz

The OMAP36x is a 45nm version of the 65nm OMAP34x with higher clock speed:
- OMAP3640 - 1 GHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430 MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)
- OMAP3430 - 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)

Myles
08-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Fancy website and all but what networks is going to carry this phone? Who's networks are UMTS or GSM Edge? Will it get the app following that Andriod, Apple, and Blackberry have?

Proc comparison:
Droid X = Texas Instruments OMAP3630
Else = Texas Instruments OMAP3430 <-- already lagging behind by 400mhz

The OMAP36x is a 45nm version of the 65nm OMAP34x with higher clock speed:
- OMAP3640 - 1 GHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430 MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)
- OMAP3430 - 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)

It's linux, so yes there will be an "app" following for it. It is the same as any LiMo phone. Meaning android apps will work for any LiMo phone. The network specs as of right now are GSM EDGE. Meaning I would have to jump ship from verizon.

The hardware is a compromise, I will take a hit on a older proc if it means I don't have to deal with googles "open source". Which, btw, they have NOT released the source code for alot of their branch. Meaning its not true open source per the standards.

Holeshot
08-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Nice phone Myles. If you can do software with out Google and straight linux Ill be first in line. :thumbsup

Myles
08-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Nice phone Myles. If you can do software with out Google and straight linux Ill be first in line. :thumbsup

The Nokia N900 is like that, but it had issues I guess and never really took off.

Rocket Power
08-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Wife got the Droid X today at the Best Buy Mobile store at Brookfield Square, Verizon said I was eligible for an upgrade on 8/19 but apparently that only is for the Verizon stores and online (its an early upgrade), none of which have them in stock like Best Buy:fire:fire:fire So now I have to wait a couple more weeks. :fire

Adamsy87
08-22-2010, 07:03 PM
I love my droid x. I know that when i ordered my x from the verizon store the phone showed up like almost two weeks before they said it would!

Rocket Power
09-01-2010, 09:34 AM
My X is on the Fed X truck, hopefully it'll get here before I have to go to work:rolf

Rocket Power
09-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Loving this phone, makes my storm feel like an 80's brickphone:rolf

GTSLOW
09-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Just activated my driod 2! Thing is bad ass! F the X my 2 will eat it for lunch!

Rocket Power
09-02-2010, 02:06 PM
:rolf

GTSLOW
09-02-2010, 02:18 PM
So how long was the waiting list? Paid 76 after new every two and rebate online. Free overnight shipping toboot.

Josepy
09-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Just activated my driod 2! Thing is bad ass! F the X my 2 will eat it for lunch!

Yeah no it will not. Sorry

GTSLOW
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah no it will not. Sorry

I've already got a naci camera so the 720p and hdmi did not appeal to me. Nor did the giant design and lack of key board. So like I said 2 > x.

Rocket Power
09-02-2010, 03:07 PM
I've already got a naci camera so the 720p and hdmi did not appeal to me. Nor did the giant design and lack of key board. So like I said 2 > x.

physical keyboard is soooo 1990's:goof

the virtual keyboard works great.

Rocket Power
09-02-2010, 03:09 PM
ordered the 22nd got it on the first, when we ordered the projected ship date was 9/7. So about a week and a half. If it wasn't for the stupid terms of MY upgrade I could got it the day of at teh Best Buy mobile store like my wife

GTSLOW
09-02-2010, 03:41 PM
physical keyboard is soooo 1990's:goof

the virtual keyboard works great.

Well I've got both lol

ordered the 22nd got it on the first, when we ordered the projected ship date was 9/7. So about a week and a half. If it wasn't for the stupid terms of MY upgrade I could got it the day of at teh Best Buy mobile store like my wife

Aaaah nice. So you did order online. I gotta say I love this thing!

Rocket Power
09-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Aaaah nice. So you did order online. I gotta say I love this thing!
Yep for mine since we couldn't get mine through best buy and it had to be ordered since no company store had them in stock, and we've usually gotten better deals online.
My friend one time went into the verizon store and wanted the deal he had seen on verizon's site online. The person that worked there said there was no way they had that deal going on. His wife pulled it up on one of their phones and showed them:rolf Then they went and got it online anyway since they wouldn't give them the same deal in store.

I did get my case thing in the store today, we get a corp discount through my wife.

I even saw an app for sexual positions:rolf

FoxStang
09-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Got a Samsung Captivate to replace my iphone, I like it so far minus randomly shutting itself off every now and then, which seems to be a common problem accross the Galaxy S line. If it keeps doing it I'll take it in for an exchange. Best of all its great to not have to be apple's way or the highway.

GTSLOW
09-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Yep for mine since we couldn't get mine through best buy and it had to be ordered since no company store had them in stock, and we've usually gotten better deals online.
My friend one time went into the verizon store and wanted the deal he had seen on verizon's site online. The person that worked there said there was no way they had that deal going on. His wife pulled it up on one of their phones and showed them:rolf Then they went and got it online anyway since they wouldn't give them the same deal in store.

I did get my case thing in the store today, we get a corp discount through my wife.

I even saw an app for sexual positions:rolf

Ha ya I had the same issue. I think its something with those fuggers and their commision! That's ok verizon ships overnght for close to nothing. A friend in the station here just got his X after three weeks.

GTSLOW
09-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Got a Samsung Captivate to replace my iphone, I like it so far minus randomly shutting itself off every now and then, which seems to be a common problem accross the Galaxy S line. If it keeps doing it I'll take it in for an exchange. Best of all its great to not have to be apple's way or the highway.

What provider?

Korndogg
09-03-2010, 11:46 AM
I have to wait till december to get a new phone :/

GTSLOW
09-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I have to wait till december to get a new phone :/

:rolf I swear the last month is the worst cuz it does day by day count downs.

Josepy
09-03-2010, 12:02 PM
I have been waiting for 6 months. September 7th i can get a new one.

FoxStang
09-03-2010, 01:05 PM
What provider?
AT&T, it's taken a little bit to get used to all the extra options, but its definitely a great phone. Not to mention any the problems I have had with it (short of it turning off) were only 1 google search away from the usually quick solution.

GTSLOW
09-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I have been waiting for 6 months. September 7th i can get a new one.

Nice, I know when mine came it took me a week to decide between the X and the 2.

Josepy
09-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Nice, I know when mine came it took me a week to decide between the X and the 2.

Yeah I have played with both of them a bunch. I am getting the X

Korndogg
09-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm going to get the X unless something better comes out by December.

Holeshot
09-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm going to get the X unless something better comes out by December.

Dont bother with the X Droid II should be out by now. Or wait till Christmas ;)

Josepy
09-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Dont bother with the X Droid II should be out by now. Or wait till Christmas ;)

I really want to know why the II is better than the X. Cause I do not think it is. The II is out now. I have played with both of them.

Smokey1226
09-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I have the Desire....Lovin it

Holeshot
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I really want to know why the II is better than the X. Cause I do not think it is. The II is out now. I have played with both of them.

I like the Keyboard better and it just feels better all around. The X just feels beastly LOL The bigger screen is sweet though on the X

GTSLOW
09-03-2010, 02:57 PM
I used my friends X. It's nice but dam that thing is big, I'd hate to lug it around in my pocket or what not. I simply love the keyboard on the Droid 2. The only thing I see good about the X imo is the 720P video recording and HDMI. But if you have a camera or what not then its not really appealing, would only really be good for a quick video or what not on the go. Otherwise if you're blind the big screen could help too. :goof

I know the 2 has the best processor and ram of the bunch.

Josepy
09-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I used my friends X. It's nice but dam that thing is big, I'd hate to lug it around in my pocket or what not. I simply love the keyboard on the Droid 2. The only thing I see good about the X imo is the 720P video recording and HDMI. But if you have a camera or what not then its not really appealing, would only really be good for a quick video or what not on the go. Otherwise if you're blind the big screen could help too. :goof

I know the 2 has the best processor and ram of the bunch.

The X and the 2 have the same processor and ram.

GTSLOW
09-03-2010, 03:10 PM
The X and the 2 have the same processor and ram.

Ah ok, I couldn't find the specs on the droid on the website. Looks like they've each got their own plus's. I wonder why people are still getting the incredible htc??

Josepy
09-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Ah ok, I couldn't find the specs on the droid on the website. Looks like they've each got their own plus's. I wonder why people are still getting the incredible htc??

I am honestly lost on what to do. Either the x or the 2. Size of the x doesnt bother me.

GTSLOW
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I am honestly lost on what to do. Either the x or the 2. Size of the x doesnt bother me.

My bud at verizon said its even hard to get an opinion in store because the employees can be biases to which oone they have lol. The store in the mall I went to had one guy workin with each and they were going at it. I honestly got mine for the size and keyboard.

Either way both are bad ass.

GTSLOW
09-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I think josepy and all his burnouts would need the X for its HD video :rolf

Josepy
09-03-2010, 03:22 PM
ive been at the verizon store once already for over an hour messing with both of them.

there both huge compaired to what i have now so thats gonna be an adjustment either way. at my store they said everyone loves both phones. not sure why they didnt combine the x and 2 to make 1 really good phone. there are features from both that they could of made the perfect one.

shit there even talking about dual core proc phones coming out early next year already.

GTSLOW
09-03-2010, 03:46 PM
ive been at the verizon store once already for over an hour messing with both of them.

there both huge compaired to what i have now so thats gonna be an adjustment either way. at my store they said everyone loves both phones. not sure why they didnt combine the x and 2 to make 1 really good phone. there are features from both that they could of made the perfect one.

shit there even talking about dual core proc phones coming out early next year already.

That would have indeed made one bad ass phone!! Crazy on the dual core phone. I couldn't imagine having enough apps running to bog it down. Although I'm sure business peeps might need them and it would allow them to make better games?

Adamsy87
09-03-2010, 05:30 PM
The size on the X is the only thing that bothered me about it. But now that I have it I must say that I don't even notice it. It is very slim and slides right in my front pocket. It does need 2.2 though. Bobby's original Droid will outperform mine on the internet, that thing is crazy.