PDA

View Full Version : fate makes me look like an ass

CarbonRX
02-15-2010, 06:30 PM
so i sold one of my cars yesterday, a 1998 mitsubishi eclipse, to this girl who saw it posted on craigslist. in my posting i was dropping my asking price 50 dollars a day due to my rent being due today. i have never had any problems with the car before it ran great, had no check lights on, good mechanical condition etc. so she just called me and tells me that the check engine light came on when she went to start it a little while ago... i was like wtf, apparently the car is running fine still but now i feel like a jerk and she probably thinks i ripped her off and i feel really bad even though i didn't do anything wrong.
anybody ever have anything happen like this before? what should i do?
i really don't even know what to tell her, i know im not obligated to anything but i don't want the bad karma if it turns out to actually be something serious.

0TransAm0
02-15-2010, 06:47 PM
is she hot? if she is fix that shit..

-stew-
02-15-2010, 06:52 PM
is she hot? if she is hit that shit..

Fix'd!

Turbo-Triumph
02-15-2010, 06:52 PM
anybody ever have anything happen like this before? what should i do?.

Yea a bunch of times. I helped sell a 93ish v6 auto camaro for $1700 and the... people that came to buy it refered to it as quick, and did burnouts in the gas station EXATLY ACCROSS THE STREET from my house.

Then, later they called complaining it was overheating. ORLY?

Ya so didnt really even end the call just kinda said some bs and hung up on that one.

But if its a friend, i trade back if they want, and i didnt think they fucked it up. meaning no, fuck her.

i mean litterly. do it.

lordairgtar
02-15-2010, 06:54 PM
You are not really obligated, but you could tell her to check the fuel cap and re install it. Sometimes that will cause the light to come on. Also tell her to go to Autozone where they will put the scanner on it for free (I think they do that) and tell her exactly what is the problem. If it's something inexpensive and easy like a sensor, fix it for her if you want to, but it's not necessary to do so.

Slow Joe
02-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Sold my F150 truck back in '02, guy didn't want to test drive it. I never had any issues with it, other than the starter I replaced, oh and the leaking gas tanks that I told the guy about. Buy got 3 blocks away, called me back telling me that it was leaking gas, the power steering didn't work, and that it needed a radiator...

I told him to go piss up a rope... :rolf Sorry you bought it as is, and signed that you agreed it was as-is, where is!

CarbonRX
02-15-2010, 07:01 PM
id hit it. she did mention she had a boyfriend though as we were making the deal haha:(
yes i did tell her to readjust the cap and get the code. we will see she is having her mechanic friend look at it.

SSLEVO
02-15-2010, 08:25 PM
I got ya beat i think, i sold my evo to a guy from canada. I was picking him up from the airport and the fukin check engine light comes on. It was running fine but i had to explain why i thought the light just came on when i went to pick him up. I'm pretty sure it didn't like the 1000 cc injectors, lol.

Flicktitty
02-15-2010, 09:51 PM
I got ya beat i think, i sold my evo to a guy from canada. I was picking him up from the airport and the fukin check engine light comes on. It was running fine but i had to explain why i thought the light just came on when i went to pick him up. I'm pretty sure it didn't like the 1000 cc injectors, lol.

damn dude you sold it?

SSLEVO
02-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah, i leased the honda for a daily driver and had way too much tied up in cars, hard to save for a house at that rate. The plan is to buy a house in the next year or so and start saving for a C6Z :devil

OxmanWI
02-15-2010, 11:11 PM
is she hot? if she is fix that shit..

Fix'd!

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

hrsp
02-15-2010, 11:43 PM
sold my 89 Iroc to a guy from detroit...came he drove it loved it bought it...went to the gas station about 8 blocks away to fill up...and it didnt start...he called me like wtf? i told him the vats was acting up but had been replaced(had receipt from dealer) sure enough it failed..crazy thing with it was it would start at random...after a few tries it fired up and he took it to the dealer with my receipt and they took care of it for him...

i but a car for 4 car that seemed great...3 days later it had a rod knock...bad luck or did i get fucked...lol..i say bad luck

GTSLOW
02-15-2010, 11:50 PM
she is having her mechanic friend look at it.

This will be interesting :D

Yooformula
02-16-2010, 12:37 AM

my thoughts exactly. I would tell her to take it to autozone to get it scanned and then just step back. I always write out my receipts to boldly state "sold as-is" and with "no warranty implied or stated". if you are HONEST about everything wrong with it, then dont feel bad if something happens afterwards, it is a used car afterall.

now if you knowing sold her a piece of shit and did some hack job to hide it, then you should feel like a low life.;)

michelle
02-16-2010, 05:46 AM

Agreed.

GRNDNL
02-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Fate isn't what makes you look like a ass, it's the fact that you didn't post any pictures of her that makes you a ass.......:chair:

Who the hell really cares about the car anyway..........

lilws6
02-16-2010, 09:20 AM
she must be a stripper she bought an eclipse all strippers buy eclipses dont' ya know :goof

That_Guy
02-16-2010, 09:41 AM
she must be a stripper she bought an eclipse all strippers buy eclipses dont' ya know :goof

i met the girl when she came to the house both the mother and the daughter where ok. :D

i told collin when they left that he should take em for a romp

pnad
02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
I sold a 95 Talon to a decent friend of mine. Car ran and drove great for me. 7 days later it threw a rod. 3 weeks after the engine was swapped the transmission was shot.

I felt pretty bad about that one, but it was perfect when I sold it.