PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed

b4mytm
02-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Please keep Joe Konkel's Grand Daughter in your prayers .
The Justice League car show at GLD 2 Summers ago was in her honor .
Although she has been through numerous treatments,there is nothing more they can do for her. She is 16 and the tumors are taking over her body.

Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

michelle
02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Oh no. So sorry to hear! Thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. 16 is way too young. ):

Yooformula
02-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Oh my God. so sorry to hear this. We were hoping to have nominated her for this year's show. is there a fund or anything set up for her or anything that she would like?

b4mytm
02-15-2010, 06:34 PM
A couple of weeks ago when they had given her 6 months,she made up a bucket list,but unfortunately she has not gotten strong enough to take care of most of the things on the list.

She was going to get to go back stage to meet Rascle Flatts in a week or so. She wanted to drive by herself once ,but can't due to her eyesight.

She is supposed to be helping with a charity event in April,so she is fighting still.

This is the charity that she cares so much about.
http://www.stingcancer.com/

lordairgtar
02-15-2010, 06:59 PM
I was with Cap'n Bob and Arlo today and they told me of this. My heart goes out to her and the family. It was an honor to be involved with the fund raiser and meeting her.

SSmike1
02-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Praying for her!

Holeshot
02-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Consider Prayers sent

b4mytm
02-15-2010, 09:54 PM
This was just posted on her website:
As you all know this has been a difficult journey for Brittany, but the difficult part is here now for us as we need to accept the fact that her new life will begin soon. In January we were given 6 months, Saturday we were given weeks and today we were given days to spend with Brittany. She will come home tomorrow morning via County Rescue and Hospice will continue to provide the needed care at our house so that we may spend every minute together as a family (and Lizzie the dog included). We cannot begin to thank everyone enough for all the support from cards, gifts, meals, fulfilling her bucket list, Brittany Cayemberg Day, visits, and prayers! Our sincere thanks! We will continue to update.

STANMAN
02-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Prayers sent. For those of you whom have never prayed, but want to, it goes like this:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,

the power and the glory,

for ever and ever.

Amen

followed by what you wish to pray for, which I prayed for as much time, with as little pain for this little girl and her family to be together on this earth before God brings her home. Hang in there kiddo and her family, heartfelt prayers sent!!

scottie K
02-16-2010, 06:21 AM
I will send a word to the big guy in the sky

Waver
02-16-2010, 10:49 AM
My prayers go out to her and her family. Sorry to hear about this becky

Feature Pony
02-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Keeping her and her family in my thoughts and prayers

OxmanWI
02-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Prayer sent, sorry to hear bro.

Goat Roper
02-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Link to her CaringBridge site; http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tufmouser

lordairgtar
02-19-2010, 04:37 PM
This is just posted on Caring Bridge site:
Today went kind of quiet, as a few people stopped to see Brittany. We (Shelly Ali and I) kind of got caught up on some needed rest.We will need all we can get as these next days ahead of us,as it will be extremely hard and demanding both physically and emotionally.
Brit's right eye has gotten quite a bit worse in the last 12 hours. She is still talking, but at times seems to drift off into left field.She has become noticeably weaker through out the day.She has pretty much stopped eating and drinking.It doesn't appear to be much longer before we say our final good byes.
I believe everyone has a job on this earth. And as a parent am very proud of the job she was asked to do. She has touched and inspired more people in a positive way then i could ever imagine.
We will all make it through this, as we have the best support group on the planet. We will all need to lean on one another during this difficult time that lies ahead.God Bless each and everyone of you.

This has got to be hard for any parent. As a person who met her at the benefit, I am having a hard time with it.

noeggs4u
02-20-2010, 12:10 PM
As many of us are parents on this site this is a parents worst nightmare.. My prayers go out to the family..

lordairgtar
02-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Brittany had a seizure today and is now resting...pray for her.

b4mytm
02-21-2010, 09:24 PM
As posted on her site:

Brit earned her wings at 8:58 pm today. Her body was tired after such a long hard selfless fight. Her body is gone but her spirit will live on in everyone that has had any type of contact with her. We will update soon. GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Rest in Peace Brittany

johnny--2k
02-21-2010, 09:36 PM
RIP. She's in a better place now. :(

Goat Roper
02-21-2010, 09:36 PM
So very sad

lordairgtar
02-21-2010, 11:06 PM
I just got the email from the Caring Bridge site. I am quite sad, but her pain will no longer afflict her. My condolences to the Cayembergs and the Konkels and all her family and friends and classmates. It was an honor to know her, however short.

MoCkiN U
02-21-2010, 11:28 PM
No more suffering for her. Now she can rest. How can someone be strong enough to watch their daughter fight thru this? I think I would break.

Yooformula
02-22-2010, 12:07 AM
rest in peace. Our prayers are with her and her family.