PDA

View Full Version : wolf pup

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 11:23 AM
wife is looking into gettin a wolf pup is there anywhere around here that u know of to get these or i see some in cali canada and texas but was wondering i want as much wolf as i can get legally :thumbsup ive heard as long as there is 1% dog there legal i dunno we just stated looking this morning so any help is appreciated

plz state ur dealings with these types of dogs and run ins with them thx

flyin_blue_egg
02-15-2010, 12:25 PM
sorry to jack your thread but why the fvck does your wife want one of those??

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 12:33 PM
eh there cool and we both want one its different thats for sure

jbiscuit
02-15-2010, 12:39 PM
you want a wolf around your new baby?

Deggy
02-15-2010, 12:52 PM
My aunt actually had a "wolf" as a pet. It was like 60% wolf and 40% Malamute(sp?). It was a cool looking dog. Fur was white as fresh snow, but the download was the dog was very skidish, it never liked being around people, when you would try and pet her, she would flinch and then let you pet her. It reacted almost like you were trying to hit it. My aunt said that was just the wolf in her.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 12:52 PM
ive heard they are just like a reg dog puppy and landon is almost a yr now in couple months we are looking into it thats why im asking about them lol they are cool looking and are different thats for sure wife wants this and i want a rott so she wins like usual lol

Prince Valiant
02-15-2010, 01:02 PM
i'm never crazy about wolf hybrids...the pack nature of wolves themselves are different enough from dogs to warrant a concern.

Dogs form packs with a hierarchy, and of course there is a natural competition/order that the dogs follow.

Wolves on the other hand, simply find a mate, and their litter/subsequent litters make a "pack;" as more dominant males and females grow older, they simply leave the "pack" to find a mate, thus starting their own pack...only in enclosed environments such as a zoo/park does one see competition for pack dominance, and they usually end up fatal or resulting in crippling injuries to the loosing wolf. Of course, a zoo and home are essentially the same environment as far as the wolf would be concerned.

While both dogs and wolves do "pack," the nature of those packs are very different.

But that mentality is also why wolves rarely if ever welcome new members to it's "pack," instead they just kill the outsider wolf.

With hybrids, you never know exactly what traits will be present, or when that trait might be expressed...and this isn't limited to just their packing/socialbility either...prey drive, defensiveness, wariness, etc are all traits that are vastly different in wolves than in dogs. With getting a puppy, you won't be sure of what traits are present until the wolf-hybrid is older...and those traits are absolutely essential to that animals compatibility as a pet.

I'd say this, read a lot of the criticism out there about dog/wolf hybrids. Don't take the dog/wolf hybrid owners at their words either, since oftentimes ANY pet owner tries to downplay their own dogs/breeds bad behaviors...if not outright deny them. Case in point, I knew a guy with a dog/wolf hybrid that was playing with him...then the play got a little out of hand (easy for the wolf hybrids particularly) with the wolf getting ahold and not letting go. The guy ended up needing stitches and what not, and was wearing bandages along his arm....but his story to everyone else was "oh, fell off my bike."

Get the Rott, or a mastiff, or, even better, to be different, the tallest breed of dog there is, an Irish Wolfhound:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_wolfhound

Moparjim
02-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Get a Siberian Husky.

Wolf-like, yet awesome!

Memphis
02-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I know where you might be able to get one, I'll see if I can get a number. I really want one myself, but with the two dogs we have already it wont work right now.

WhatsADSM
02-15-2010, 01:26 PM
i'm never crazy about wolf hybrids...the pack nature of wolves themselves are different enough from dogs to warrant a concern.

Dogs form packs with a hierarchy, and of course there is a natural competition/order that the dogs follow.

Wolves on the other hand, simply find a mate, and their litter/subsequent litters make a "pack;" as more dominant males and females grow older, they simply leave the "pack" to find a mate, thus starting their own pack...only in enclosed environments such as a zoo/park does one see competition for pack dominance, and they usually end up fatal or resulting in crippling injuries to the loosing wolf. Of course, a zoo and home are essentially the same environment as far as the wolf would be concerned.

While both dogs and wolves do "pack," the nature of those packs are very different.

But that mentality is also why wolves rarely if ever welcome new members to it's "pack," instead they just kill the outsider wolf.

With hybrids, you never know exactly what traits will be present, or when that trait might be expressed...and this isn't limited to just their packing/socialbility either...prey drive, defensiveness, wariness, etc are all traits that are vastly different in wolves than in dogs. With getting a puppy, you won't be sure of what traits are present until the wolf-hybrid is older...and those traits are absolutely essential to that animals compatibility as a pet.

I'd say this, read a lot of the criticism out there about dog/wolf hybrids. Don't take the dog/wolf hybrid owners at their words either, since oftentimes ANY pet owner tries to downplay their own dogs/breeds bad behaviors...if not outright deny them. Case in point, I knew a guy with a dog/wolf hybrid that was playing with him...then the play got a little out of hand (easy for the wolf hybrids particularly) with the wolf getting ahold and not letting go. The guy ended up needing stitches and what not, and was wearing bandages along his arm....but his story to everyone else was "oh, fell off my bike."

x2... Couldn't agree with this more.

OP: I REALLY REALLY REALLY think this is a bad idea! Sure it sounds like a "cool" idea, but it isn't worth the unpredictability. Remember any wolf is still a STRONG powerful animal, that sustained it's existence as a species by hunting and killing.. Any wolf or large breed canine could seriously injure, potentially even kill, a small human if it snaps or even takes a game too far.

Why don't you just get a solid breed that is still closer to the wolf? If you are looking for something that looks "cool" like a wolf you can get something like a Malamute, or Husky. If you are looking for something closer to wolf in terms of intelligence, manerisms, etc there are tons of options. Granted I am a little bias, but a GSD is a fantastic family pet while still being close genetically to a wolf.
That way at least you get a predictable, gorgeous, faithful, intelligent, protective and affectionate animal.

For reference, you really think that someone (likely with little experience) creating a hybrid wolf/dog is going to create a better family pet than a solid, well bred, predictable breed with over a hundred years of history? Comon!
I'll take my German Shepherd any day of the week. I can leave my female or male alone with a room full of kids pulling their hair, climbing on them, poking at them, etc. They wouldn't do a thing just play with them. Yet I dare you to knock down the front door and see what they do to protect the house and the family. Years and years and years of careful breeding are extremely important in creating predictable dogs like that.

Dr.Buick
02-15-2010, 01:30 PM
x2... Couldn't agree with this more.

OP: I REALLY REALLY REALLY think this is a bad idea! Sure it sounds like a "cool" idea, but it isn't worth the unpredictability. Remember any wolf is still a STRONG powerful animal, that sustained it's existence as a species by hunting and killing.. Any wolf or large breed canine could seriously injure, potentially even kill, a small human if it snaps or even takes a game too far.

Why don't you just get a solid breed that is still closer to the wolf? If you are looking for something that looks "cool" like a wolf you can get something like a Malamute, or Husky. If you are looking for something closer to wolf in terms of intelligence, manerisms, etc there are tons of options. Granted I am a little bias, but a GSD is a fantastic family pet while still being close genetically to a wolf.
That way at least you get a predictable, gorgeous, faithful, intelligent, protective and affectionate animal.

For reference, you really think that someone (likely with little experience) creating a hybrid wolf/dog is going to create a better family pet than a solid, well bred, predictable breed with over a hundred years of history? Comon!
I'll take my German Shepherd any day of the week. I can leave my female or male alone with a room full of kids pulling their hair, climbing on them, poking at them, etc. They wouldn't do a thing just play with them. Yet I dare you to knock down the front door and see what they do to protect the house and the family. Years and years and years of careful breeding are extremely important in creating predictable dogs like that.

Unless you have a white crazy German Shepherd.:thumbsup

07ROUSHSTG3
02-15-2010, 01:35 PM
my buddy had a wolf bred dog. grew up with the thing and was a great dog....

until one day it snapped and it chewed the neighbor kid's arm. get a lab. getting a pet to be "cool and different" is stupid and usually turns out bad for both the pet and the owner.

Holeshot
02-15-2010, 01:50 PM
A very very good friend does rescue and has a high continent wolf dog. His name is Ken and he lives out east. I can Call him and see if I can put you both in touch with each other. I do know a permit is required in some areas depending on the degree on the blood line. Call or PM me if you wish.

DynoTom
02-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I think it is also a bad idea.....I have a 130 lb female Great Dane and when we play fight she has no problem taking me to the ground ( I'm 5' 10" 210 lbs ) and I could not imagine getting a bigger more powerfull dog around kids...

Karps TA
02-15-2010, 01:53 PM
You might also have some issues with insurance having such a dog, or if the insurance company ever finds out you have such a dog.

Seems to me there are so many great breeds out there, that I wouldn't want the hassle or liability just to have something I think looks a little cooler.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 01:55 PM
thanx for the the info will talk to the wife i like them and well any dog or animal can snap at any time dont care what u say or how much training it has still is a animal will the hybrid have more of a chance well maybe but is 50/50 bad 60/40 who knows thats why i wanted to see if anyone on here had any experiece with one or know of anyone with one to talk to them and get some info on them

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 02:01 PM
I know where you might be able to get one, I'll see if I can get a number. I really want one myself, but with the two dogs we have already it wont work right now.

thanx lmk

thanx everyone for ur input, have to see whats up and make educated choice not just gonna go get one and see how it goes

Dr.Buick
02-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I think it is also a bad idea.....I have a 130 lb female Great Dane and when we play fight she has no problem taking me to the ground ( I'm 5' 10" 210 lbs ) and I could not imagine getting a bigger more powerfull dog around kids...
mine is 150, and know way she can tell how powerful she is.and he day is 205lbs and 38 inches tall.but a great dog over all

hrsp
02-15-2010, 02:54 PM
GET THE ROTTY!!!! had a "hybrid" dog wolf and malamute....it was n ok dog..very stubborn and temper-mental...they dont "bark" they howl and "talk" which is cute to begin with but if they arent broke of that habit when they are an adult its just like a dog that wont stop barking..very annoying...

Im very biased towards rottweilers because i had 2 and was around 3 more thru out my years..and they are loyal and very smart. they also dont have to be anykind of a guard dog...no crook wants to risk coming in to a house with one... the sight and sound of of one will keep your home safe.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 02:59 PM
yea i hear ya hrsp we are just in talks right now the only thing waying my way is i can get a rott locally and the hybrid we need a to drive a ways lol

other than the howling how was the dog mean, nice, playful, ??

WhatsADSM
02-15-2010, 03:12 PM
^^^ that is kind of what we are trying to tell you. It is very hard to judge a hybrid dog. Especially one that is mixed with a wolf. They will likely vary quite a bit from one animal to the next... It is not a breed, period.

While it is true that any breed can have a "bad" dog (much of which comes from its socialization BTW). It is not a "50/50" chance that a true pure bred is more predictable. It is likely orders of magnitude more predictable, and the probability of getting a "bad" well bred dog is much much much lower. I agree with everyone else, if the alternative to the hybrid is the Rott.. Go with the rott, hands down.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 03:19 PM
i understand what ur saying

hrsp
02-15-2010, 03:19 PM
very calm, liked to be by himself outside. didnt like other dogs at all.

Did like to play tug of war...and liked to chew on bones and kongs ALOT

we always had people over and he never did anything wrong to anyone....most of my friends called him "sketchy" cuz he would just sit and stare at you for hours...lol

when he was older i walked past him and brushed his head and he snapped at me...we put him down shortly after that...

i personally would never own one again. i will probally only have 2 breeds of dogs..rottweilers and labs....

Al
02-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Wolf/dogs are a bad idea.

When I was younger, a family a few doors down had one. They claimed to be excellent trainers and seemed to have the dog in shape for 2 years. Once they grow to maturity, hormones take over.

pOrk
02-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Your asking for nothing but problems with a hybrid, they are NOT family dogs and if you live in the city there is no chance in hell that dog will get the exercise it needs.

Judging by your attitude on others opinions on the subject alone, this would be a terrible animal for you. Notice I did not say pet? A friend of mine breeds these in Alaska, and they are NOT bred for pets.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Your asking for nothing but problems with a hybrid, they are NOT family dogs and if you live in the city there is no chance in hell that dog will get the exercise it needs.

Judging by your attitude on others opinions on the subject alone, this would be a terrible animal for you. Notice I did not say pet? A friend of mine breeds these in Alaska, and they are NOT bred for pets.what does my attitude have to do with this i asked a simple question and now i have people that i dont friggin know tell me whats good for me or not for me thanx ill take it into consideration NOT!

Wolf/dogs are a bad idea.

When I was younger, a family a few doors down had one. They claimed to be excellent trainers and seemed to have the dog in shape for 2 years. Once they grow to maturity, hormones take over.

thanx for the facts thats what im trying to gather here will pass along to the wife

Myles
02-15-2010, 04:00 PM
what does my attitude have to do with this i asked a simple question and now i have people that i dont friggin know tell me whats good for me or not for me thanx ill take it into consideration NOT!

Cause you suck at life.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 04:02 PM
well at least u fail at life myles

Neal Steffek
02-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Wolf's like to eat baby's. So yea, if that is cool and different you want, go get it.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 04:14 PM
well i guess ill go with the rott

WhatsADSM
02-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Wolf's like to eat baby's. So yea, if that is cool and different you want, go get it.

Is it cruel that I actually found that pretty funny. :rolf

OP:
I mean people have totally valid points, that they unpredictable and potentially dangerous animals. Something that shouldn't be purchased just because it is "cool". It just seems like you are just ignoring everyone's opinion.

Personally I think a tiger is a pretty cool animal. And hell I've heard of some that were not even very aggressive. But if I wanted to get one as a pet, I'd hope that some of you guys would try to talk me out of it (especially if I had a 1 year old :wow). The fact of the matter is, in that case the tiger isn't good for me (let alone not good for my family, and not good for the tiger)

Prince Valiant
02-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Personally I think a tiger is a pretty cool animal. And hell I've heard of some that were not even very aggressive. But if I wanted to get one as a pet, I'd hope that some of you guys would try to talk me out of it.
Nah...Hell, I'd put money up to see you get a tiger :goof

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 04:27 PM
im not ignoring no one i just wanted the fact i mean i could go get a rott and he could flip out and bite my child also less likely probably remeber here i want the rott the wife wants teh hybrid i was looking for facts and maybe a place local to talk and check one out personally not like im buying either dog tomm was looking for facts and now i have people judging me whom ive never met and telling me what i should think or do

i thought my wife was at work:goof

WhatsADSM
02-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Nah...Hell, I'd put money up to see you get a tiger :goof

HAHA. That reminds me of the scene(s) in "The Hangover" where that guy wakes up and goes to take a piss in the bathroom and Mike Tyson's tiger is in there. I think I'd shit myself if I was in that position.

im not ignoring no one i just wanted the fact i mean i could go get a rott and he could flip out and bite my child also less likely probably remeber here i want the rott the wife wants teh hybrid i was looking for facts and maybe a place local to talk and check one out personally not like im buying either dog tomm was looking for facts and now i have people judging me whom ive never met and telling me what i should think or do

i thought my wife was at work:goof

Ahh, I hear ya. I don't really mean to be judgmental. Well either way I guess you got everyones opinions, as well as some decent facts in there as well.

FWIW there is a wiki on it, which seems to be fairly unbaised:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf-dog_hybrid

Most of what others have already posted is in there, including the unpredictability and aggression towards younger humans. They are good looking animals though.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 04:46 PM
thanx for the info :thumbsup and i understand where ur coming from no worries

badass88gt
02-15-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm immediately reminded of the orangutan story from a while ago....

CarbonRX
02-15-2010, 05:21 PM
if you are still stuck on the idea, look into pure black or white german shepards. they look enough like wolves that you could probably get away with telling people that they are lol. i have owned a few german shepards and they are my favorite dogs, VERY smart, energetic, playful, protective, loyal.
http://www.eastgermanshepherdpups.com/Krash/k8.jpg

Crawlin
02-15-2010, 05:24 PM
I personally think there are better options for the environment the pet will be in. I don't know specifics about dog types.

I just think it needs to be able to deal with being hit by a small child and climbed on.

I think that it needs to be something that can go without needing exercise every hour.

I think it needs to be something that can deal with the property size that you do have and can deal with the neighbors as well. Something howling at all times of the night is not a good thing.

I loved my husky and would give anything to have her back. She is red/white so she looks like a fox. Great because she was rare compared to all the white/gray huskies.

Turbo-Triumph
02-15-2010, 07:11 PM
i got attacked by 4 dogs in my life when i was real young. not all at once, thank god, lol, but mainly medium sized dogs when i was trying to play with them when i was 3-6ish and once by a pretty big dog that coulda really fucked me up if it wasnt chained, it got me on the back of my knee and cut me but if it was a rot my tendons woulda been tore up.

Anyways im fully against getting a dog around a child, i dont even like dogs personnally, there ok if there super nice but no sir deff not around children! theres only like 3 dogs i ever liked.

pOrk
02-15-2010, 07:28 PM
what does my attitude have to do with this i asked a simple question and now i have people that i dont friggin know tell me whats good for me or not for me thanx ill take it into consideration NOT!

any dog or animal can snap at any time dont care what u say

That is a terrible attitude to have when your asking about a breed of animal you know nothing about, hence the attitude comment. If you are even remotely interested, I would spend a few hours at the MINIMUM researching these dogs, and you better know where they are coming from and who they are being bred by. Also, I wouldn't let your kid go anywhere near the dog, they are NOT tolerant like domesticated dogs are.

You are forgetting the fact that dogs have been bred with specific traits to work with / for humans for hundreds of years. Wolfs are WILD animals. Huge difference.

Beagle
02-15-2010, 07:54 PM
I have had a 75% wolf mixed with german shepherd for 13 years now. We got him from some lady who appently was breeding pure bred wolves illegally. It was on the news back in the day. She is now in Jail. I have had no problems with my dog ever. Crazy how smart the dog is. i might no someone who knows where to get them. Ill let you know. Id get another one again.

team beater
02-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Get a Siberian Husky.

Wolf-like, yet awesome!

If you are looking for a dog that looks like a wolf , let me know. My dad breeds both Siberian huskies and alaskin malamutes. Huskies are okay but kinda small, you want a mean(by mean i mean cool as hell) ass dog, get a mal. My old man has a male mal that i would say is easily 180lbs. Ill post a pic up soon, he gives awesome prices if he thinks his pupare going to a loving family and if they are friends.

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 08:12 PM
If you are looking for a dog that looks like a wolf , let me know. My dad breeds both Siberian huskies and alaskin malamutes. Huskies are okay but kinda small, you want a mean(by mean i mean cool as hell) ass dog, get a mal. My old man has a male mal that i would say is easily 180lbs. Ill post a pic up soon, he gives awesome prices if he thinks his pupare going to a loving family and if they are friends.would like to see pics and beagz lmk

if it looks like this kinda hard to argue awesome looking dogs
http://www.allpetsnetwork.com/images/malamute.jpg

Beagle
02-15-2010, 11:26 PM
heres a few off my shitty cell phone.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/zlegal28/12251400.jpg?t=1266297473http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/zlegal28/12251350.jpg?t=1266297522http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/zlegal28/12251401-1.jpg?t=1266297678

Now that i think about it i think i got him in 96 cant remember I was only 9 years old haha, and his birthday is on Halloween how cool is that.14 years old sounds right. :thumbsup

hrsp
02-15-2010, 11:32 PM
i will post pics of mine later...

IF YOU GET A PUPPY ROTT I DEMAND PICS!!!!!

GTSLOW
02-15-2010, 11:48 PM
heres a few off my shitty cell phone.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/zlegal28/12251400.jpg?t=1266297473http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/zlegal28/12251350.jpg?t=1266297522http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/zlegal28/12251401-1.jpg?t=1266297678

Now that i think about it i think i got him in 96 cant remember I was only 9 years old haha, and his birthday is on Halloween how cool is that.14 years old sounds right. :thumbsup

That's one creepy lookin dog/wolf.

Beagle
02-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Creepy? Looks fine to me.

gottwins?
02-16-2010, 12:06 AM
GET THE ROTTY!!!! had a "hybrid" dog wolf and malamute....it was n ok dog..very stubborn and temper-mental...they dont "bark" they howl and "talk" which is cute to begin with but if they arent broke of that habit when they are an adult its just like a dog that wont stop barking..very annoying...

Im very biased towards rottweilers because i had 2 and was around 3 more thru out my years..and they are loyal and very smart. they also dont have to be anykind of a guard dog...no crook wants to risk coming in to a house with one... the sight and sound of of one will keep your home safe.

I agree, get a rott. I have had 2 that spanned over half of my life together and I will always try to own one.

As far as huskys go, if your ready to deal with another ball of energy..go for it.:alcoholic

gottwins?
02-16-2010, 12:08 AM
i will post pics of mine later...

IF YOU GET A PUPPY ROTT I DEMAND PICS!!!!!

Another +1!

team beater
02-16-2010, 07:49 AM
This is one of my dads Male mals, mind you this is also my father in the pic he stands 6'7" and is about 260lbs
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs187.snc3/19437_1149725517862_1669338656_340977_663163_n.jpg

Here are a few pics of some past litter
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs018.snc3/12544_1112649910995_1669338656_270769_3982754_n.jp g
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs187.snc3/19437_1155216575135_1669338656_351622_1045542_n.jp g

He has some video as well, ill try to get that as well

team beater
02-16-2010, 08:10 AM
also a dogs behavior is in its lines, my fathers dog are sweet as angels. i have had both my kids around them from birth no prob.

Ricky Bobby
02-16-2010, 08:21 AM
i was doin a bunch of reading last night on the wolfdogs and from what some people say they are a real pain in the ass sometimes to take care of from diet to how they are kept outside and such. Beagz u do anything special with urs just reg dog food or what he looks good also the mal looks good to to me and right now we are just in the thinking stages. I myself have been to rons house and snoop is awesome was a awesome rott so myself im torn between the two types but we'll see and whatever i get i will post pics of

probably gonna be between a mal and a rott now

As far as huskys go, if your ready to deal with another ball of energy..go for it.:alcoholic

i had one all he did was lay around and do nothing the only time he did anything is when the neighbor took him for her 5mi run then he would come back home and sit around and do nothing wouldnt play with anything ever

73MACH
02-16-2010, 10:43 AM
A friend of mine had 2 wolf hybrids, 1 was 95% wolf and the other was 97% wolf. BAD IDEA!!!!!!! Awesome looking animals, but all they did was pace all day long. They were in 15foot tall chain link enclosure with about an acre for each one. One of them has CLIMBED out, up the fence and over, and killed multiple deer that were dumb enough to come in the area. He would then drag it back to the enclosure door and wait til my friend opened it back up with a long ass stick cuz even he couldn't get close to it with food around.
He was the only one that they would allow to get close to them. Crazy shi#.

HORRIBLE IDEA WITH THE BABY! Not a house animal either. Just my opinion.

Ricky Bobby
02-16-2010, 10:50 AM
thanx for the input im leaning away from the hybrid since i dont want to risk it the more i read into this, also if i do get one and it doesnt work out ihave to find someone to take it cause no humane society can take it with wolf in it they will be put down almost immediately from what im reading so who here knows where i can get a good rott?? team beater is finding out about a mal for me now to look into the rotts

jakedrew
02-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I seen some rott rescue van in west stallis. Maybe they know of some puppies.

pOrk
02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
If you go with a Rott, a friend of mine got his from a breeder and he said he would never go with anyone else for a Rott. He has 3 of them, and his next will be from the same woman. Usually pays 7-900 for them from her and they come with lots of paper work

07ROUSHSTG3
02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
i work with a lady who rescues dogs and also breeds rottweilers. could get her number if you would like.

michelle
02-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I received this in an email today and thought it was kind of fitting.

DO NOT leave your dog with children unsupervised!!! A Warning!
Please read!

If you are an owner of a dog that belongs to a 'dangerous breed' category and you also have a child or a visiting small child please take this as a warning.

Don't leave your dog with a small child unattended under any circumstances!

Only one little moment was enough for the following to happen.
See the photo.....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2755/4362791137_b1c7118b7b_o.jpg

pOrk
02-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Oh yea, if you have American Family Insurance they will drop you like a bad habit if you own a Wolf Hybrid, Pitbull, or Rottweiler. FYI

Ricky Bobby
02-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Oh yea, if you have American Family Insurance they will drop you like a bad habit if you own a Wolf Hybrid, Pitbull, or Rottweiler. FYI

great that is who i currently have :fire

pOrk
02-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Figured as much, I had this problem while looking for our first dog. Looks like a Malamute is your best option

agent orange acr
02-16-2010, 04:19 PM
http://www.princehaus.com/index.html
when I was looking at Rotts this was a place I would have bought one from. It looks like they breed great looking dogs.

Ricky Bobby
02-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Figured as much, I had this problem while looking for our first dog. Looks like a Malamute is your best option

yes ive swayed her towards that now shes all over looking at them so team beater get back to me and let me know whats up :thumbsup

DirtyMax
02-16-2010, 04:36 PM
You can train behaviors but you can never overcome instincts. This statement holds even greater warning with a wolf-bred dog. That dog could be sweet as pie but the liklihood of it regressing back to its instincts it MUCH greater than that of an actual dog breed.

Most kennel clubs will not allow wolf-breds in their obedience, agility, etc. classes... they just have the potential to be too unpredictable. And like others have mentioned, your homeowners will pwn joo if they found out.

I'm not sure what you're going for as far as a dog. Size, intimidation, ???? Maybe do some research on the Belgian Malinois (Shepherd) breed. We rescued one, having no idea what it was, and as much as we joke about getting rid of him because he is "too smart", he's a great dog. A little smaller than a GSD but along the same lines. And if you want different, they're pretty unique as far as pets go. The Secret Service uses them exclusively and many police dapertments are moving over to the breed as well, maionly because they are smaller and a little more nimble than a GSD. Not to mention, the most loyal dog I've ever known. Ours literally begs to please you.

Prince Valiant
02-16-2010, 04:50 PM
I received this in an email today and thought it was kind of fitting.

DO NOT leave your dog with children unsupervised!!! A Warning!
Please read!

If you are an owner of a dog that belongs to a 'dangerous breed' category and you also have a child or a visiting small child please take this as a warning.

Don't leave your dog with a small child unattended under any circumstances!

Only one little moment was enough for the following to happen.
See the photo.....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2755/4362791137_b1c7118b7b_o.jpgLol....I absolutely love bull terriers...among the sweetest dogs I've ever encountered.

If you want something different, get one of these.

Or, another rarity, a Scottish Deerhound

http://www.pups4sale.com.au/deerhound_03a.jpg

Ricky Bobby
02-16-2010, 07:04 PM
looking at a few diff breads this one looks like the wolfdog hybrid but has no wolf in it saarloos wolfhound doing alot or research here wife really doesnt want a rott and also called the insurance any dog that is at high risk to be violent will cause us to be dropped rott,pit,wolf of any kind, chow(lol) and a couple others

Beagle
02-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Took him to obedience school walked him alot. As far as food nothing special. Although once he got tall enough he would steal any kind of meat off a table. There was one problem with the dog most likely from being raised for 6-8 months in a kennel with other mixed breed wolves. Once he got a bone or meat there was no taking it away.

hrsp
02-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Well did you Decide on a pup?????

Ricky Bobby
02-21-2010, 10:36 PM
no not yet but we are not getting a wolf so its up to the rott and a mal right now we are in discussions lol