PDA

View Full Version : Olympics rant

MoCkiN U
02-14-2010, 10:19 PM
OLYMPIC RANT!!! :cursing

Just realized tonight that the medals are issued the next day possibly days after the victory. Hannah Kearney who won the women's mogul for the US last night as you guys talked about was given her medal in a ceremony held tonight completely away from where she competed. She wasnt wearing her sports uniform. She wore a winter coat with usa on the back and blue casual pants.

What happened to the victor being given the medal on site at the event they competed at wearing the uniform they won in with the thrill of victory still painted on their faces.

Tried to bitch to the wife but she just wasnt hearing it. Thought I was being a lamo but just another thing this year that took away from enjoying the olympic games :banghead

I truly thought the medals should be given right then and there and not for some damned TV ratings drive or for the benefit of the organizers to make it easier for them if thats what they are after. Hell, the people who were there to watch her win had to schedule a different time away from other performances so they could see her get her medal. This town got the olympics and should have planned better than this IMO

xxsn0blindxx
02-15-2010, 07:35 AM
I'm guessing they need a certain amount of hours to confirm they passed a drug test before awarding the medal?