PDA

View Full Version : Concrete questions if you know?

Russ Jerome
02-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Minimum local yard/cost deliverd? 21'x14'x 2" - 3" deep, varying depth on garage overlay, 3yrds or so. cracked up but not loose, know it will crack down the road.

Is 2.5 to 3+ yards hand mixxing bag cement a stupid idea vs cost deliverd?

Some places say 32* minimum others say *40 or higher?

Im moving into a tiny garage next month, realy hate moving all my crap twice being I have a month to move in one time.

73MACH
02-14-2010, 08:27 PM
I would deffinately order the concrete! By the time you get last bit of crete in, where u started will be starting to harden already. There are also a couple of really small companies that have 2 yard concrete trucks for the smaller jobs.

jbiscuit
02-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Nick's Concrete Service...we had him quote a job and he had great pricing

pOrk
02-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Nick is possibly the same guy that did my stumps? If so he had the best price to pour a slab next to my garage and he works fast

HY35F2T
02-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Nick is possibly the same guy that did my stump?
:rolf

73MACH
02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
LOL, Well i didn't want to give a shameless plug for him again, but Nick of Nick's lawn service is one of my best friends so I will always back his work. I work with him from time to time when work is slow for me in the summer( I do concrete curb and gutter for 10 years) and plow and other stuff for him in winter when I'm laid off.
He can give you an estimate anytime, now or in spring. Jump on it though cuz his schedule is filling up quick. Maybe I'll be on ur job!! I'll make sure I put my name in ur crete! lol.

His cell phone # is 414-322-2472, Tell him Putter sent you, you will get a lil discount.

Russ Jerome
02-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Cool thanks much!

xxsn0blindxx
02-16-2010, 07:15 PM
I would be most concerned about the durability of bagged concrete. If you get it hauled in from a concrete place you can get the right concrete mix to handle the weather and proper PSI rating for a driveway. I'd also be curious on how layering a different type of concrete is affected by different expansion/contraction rates of the different materials.

Russ Jerome
02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Im looking for a quick fix, the tiny one car garage is gonna have to hold me over till I can expand or build a bigger one. Obama's 8g's is already spoken for acording to the wife, no garage this year.