Comments during the race....

Any picks for today?

Im rooting for the 16 car today.:thumbsup

xxtremeteam
02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
pulling for mark martin in the 5 car

Holeshot
02-14-2010, 12:34 PM
:rolleyes: Hoping I don't see any more :sgay commercials from NAPA like the first one with the guys singing in front of their computer monitor . :lame:

Reverend Cooper
02-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Jimmy Johnson,or any Roush team member would be fine well except Biffle.

MoCkiN U
02-14-2010, 01:11 PM
pulling for mark martin in the 5 car

Im also hoping try #26 is the one for him! 25-0 at daytona just aint right. THe good guy cant finish last this time can he?

Holeshot
02-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Elliot Sadler

nismodave
02-14-2010, 01:19 PM
That Toyota commercial was good. KB in the pink suit...LOLZ!

Memphis
02-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Martin, then Kenseth....then maybe Stewart.

Josepy
02-14-2010, 03:20 PM
18 and the 14

DirtyMax
02-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Hoping Stewart can still find his way up front! The 90 minute delay sucked...

Reverend Cooper
02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
burn down that track and start over

MoCkiN U
02-14-2010, 04:53 PM
its been so long since they repaved that bumpy ass thing. Guess after today they will have to

DirtyMax
02-14-2010, 05:09 PM
1968 did they say? Thats a long time for sure!

LOL @ the Kyle Busch pink car commercial...

nismodave
02-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Great ending, congrats to McMurry!

xxtremeteam
02-14-2010, 06:38 PM
great rule changes letting the drivers race!!!!! pretty enjoyable to watch nascar again

Karps TA
02-14-2010, 06:46 PM
I guess this shows that I'm not a Nascar fan. I found this race painful to watch. As a channel changer, it seemed like every single time I turned it on it was under a yellow or red. My day at work goes by faster.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Great ending, congrats to McMurry!

Oh Mr. Gordon, how you are a victim of your own banter.

Memphis
02-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Wouldn't have called that one, but J Mac seems like a decent guy. Congrats to him and to bringing Earnhardt Racing back to victory lane.

MoCkiN U
02-14-2010, 09:29 PM
in one lap junior went from 10th to 2nd. Hell, technically it happened in just two turns. They were bumpin and bangin and it was awesome to watch. wish that last caution hadnt happened cause boyer was there with biffle in the mix too and was going to be a great battle

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-14-2010, 09:40 PM
in one lap junior went from 10th to 2nd. Hell, technically it happened in just two turns. They were bumpin and bangin and it was awesome to watch. wish that last caution hadnt happened cause boyer was there with biffle in the mix too and was going to be a great battle

Sad thing is is that he was running no better than 10th all race. Then he pulls that move and is still pissed and puss faced that he was only 2nd. I like him as a driver but his attitude is making me think otherwise. That and his burns make him look like a retard hillbilly

MoCkiN U
02-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I wanted to see his interview after the race but missed it for that very reason to see if he was cry baby again or blamed someone else on his team other than himself

y2kws6
02-15-2010, 07:48 AM
He didn't blame anyone, but was whinning about it. Kept saying, "it suckes to get so close and not win". He did state that he was proud of the winner and worked with him and his father growing up. I believe it was his strategy to hold back and then fly up to the front, but just did not do it quick enough with the yellow flying every other lap (#24 taking #9 out), then he took himself out not knowing how to drive.

BTW - track was resurfaced last in 1978 is what I think they stated.

Dan

07ROUSHSTG3
02-15-2010, 08:02 AM
i thought this was the year that i got back into nascar. so far, it ain't looking good, LOL!

Car Guy
02-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Can someone explain how the track surface developed a 'hole'...??? I was watching the race sporadically and came back when the red flag was out with 39 laps remaining.....

Waver
02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
With all of the bumps and what not the cars were bottoming out in the same spot, ripping up the asphalt underneeth them....that is how it happens

y2kws6
02-15-2010, 11:17 AM
I also thought that this happened last year also, just not as bad and the patch held up the rest of the race.

97z2801ss
02-15-2010, 12:19 PM
I thought Jr did well, its good he finally did something other then mid-pack it, I think he thought he had a car to win, so he was dissapointed he didnt thats a good thing he expects more out of himself then mediocre(sp).

Ricky Bobby
02-15-2010, 12:38 PM
i thought harvick had it for sure then he does a bone head move and doesnt block the top line he had it wrapped up geez

Waver
02-15-2010, 04:18 PM
I also thought that this happened last year also, just not as bad and the patch held up the rest of the race.

It did, this time there was a few spots that needed patching

Todd Z
02-15-2010, 07:20 PM
On lap one they missed the turn into the infield then they ran past the bus stop :sleep.

The bigger reason the track fell apart is from the Grand Am race. The DP cars with massive downforce on a wet track for the first several hours did not help the integrity.

Karps TA
02-15-2010, 08:03 PM
It seems crazy to me that for a race that's considered the Super Bowl of their sport that the track would be in such bad condition or left in such disrepair in that it hasn't been paved in like 30 years. They wouldn't play the biggest game of any other sport on a field that bad.

I just don't get why the track isn't kept in better shape. Like if it's in WI and has extreme temperature swings I could see how that would happen more then in Florida.

Memphis
02-15-2010, 08:18 PM
It seems crazy to me that for a race that's considered the Super Bowl of their sport that the track would be in such bad condition or left in such disrepair in that it hasn't been paved in like 30 years. They wouldn't play the biggest game of any other sport on a field that bad.

I just don't get why the track isn't kept in better shape. Like if it's in WI and has extreme temperature swings I could see how that would happen more then in Florida.

If it was in Wisconsin, the neighbors would have complained it was to noisy, then the state would tie the hands of the promoters keeping them from getting good races to come into town. After that, it would all go downhill and eventually the track would end up closing and new condominiums with lots of BMWs and Porches would take its place! :rolf

Karps TA
02-15-2010, 08:23 PM
And really would that be so bad? lol

0TransAm0
02-15-2010, 08:40 PM
I thought Jr did well, its good he finally did something other then mid-pack it, I think he thought he had a car to win, so he was dissapointed he didnt thats a good thing he expects more out of himself then mediocre(sp).

agreed. im a Jr. fan and hope he does well this year..
whats with all the hate fella's?

MoCkiN U
02-15-2010, 10:33 PM
not hating. just saying he has a bad reputation for saying the wrong shit and yeah Im a junior fan also

MoCkiN U
02-15-2010, 10:51 PM
As a junior fan these are the comments that drive a person crazy. I like the honesty and the fact that he will just say whats on his mind and I guess you cant have it both ways but damn, how does a person with a crew of so many not know where they are or how many laps are left?

"I couldn't really tell you the process," he said. "But I just remember going down the back straightaway and getting in between Greg (Biffle), and I don't remember who was on the outside of me. We all kind of wiggled through that whole deal.

"Jamie got away from us. I didn't even know where I was. Then we got into three. I was counting in my head how many laps we ran.I knew we were coming to the checkered, I was running second, this is awesome, but it kind of sucks at the same time."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/mondaca-dale-earnhardt-jr-daytona-500-021410

Yooformula
02-16-2010, 12:40 AM
If Jr drove it hard early on and wrecked he would get blasted, if he sits back early on then pushes hard towards the end, he gets blasted.....can never win with some fans. I will say that often times, he tries to hard to "run" shit instead of just driving and let everyone else do their jobs. For an entire team to not know what place he was running in is asinine and I wouldnt blame the driver for not knowing how many laps were left, they got enough shit on their plate to deal with.