PDA

View Full Version : No longer employed by tires plus

lilws6
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Finally got word today that i will no longer be a tiresplus employee. Due to some stupid unfortunate horseplay that involved me i no longer have a job. So for the time being i'm looking for some sort of employment if any one knows something i may be able to handle. I'm ase certified in brakes, steering and suspension. Certified in A/C work on vehicles. All my experience so far has delt with cars. i guess i'm open for anything right now since i really have to get back to school and figure out what i want to do for a career.

Exitspeed
02-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Bummer dude. Hope you find something quick.

BigSnailBuick
02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
What kinda horseplay can get you fired from tires plus. You have sparked interest :goof

Neal Steffek
02-12-2010, 01:29 PM
What kinda horseplay can get you fired from tires plus. You have sparked interest :goof

I didnt want to be the dick to ask, but I want to know also haha. :rolf

pOrk
02-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Sounds like the door has opened for you anyways, you hated that place this is a good sign telling you to move on.

MoCkiN U
02-12-2010, 01:53 PM
maybe unemployment will help until you can find something?

lilws6
02-12-2010, 02:33 PM
no unemployment for me and yes as of late i've been hating the place more and more so i'm not to upset about it. But i would have rather had a job while searching for a new one. As for the horseplay apparently being off the clock and having an airsoft gun is a big deal. Some one could have gotten hurt. you know i guess its my fault for not thinking it could be a bad idea since it was on there property but normaly it wouldn't have been a big deal accept the assclown who made a deal out of it didn't get laid the night before. The guns is harmless if most of you know what it is. i mean i didn't even pay $20 for it since it was just suposed to be a prop for halloween. I had it in my car still and decided to attempt to shoot at a friend/coworker who didn't care since he already knew i wouldn't either hit him or it wouldn't even hit with enough impact to hurt. Either way i took the full brunt of it the next day. Even tho theres been way worse horseplay ever to happen in the shop that could have either killed someone had somethign gone wrong or sent someone to the hospital with ease. Either way i'll say it again i'm happy to be rid of the place and hope to find something else soon.

Car Guy
02-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Congratulations, now on to bigger and better things......:thumbsup

MoCkiN U
02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
if they let you go you shouldnt you be eligible for unemployment?

lilws6
02-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I believe since they called it horseplay or somethign of the sort and we have a policy that we all signed i'm not eligable? i could be wrong and maybe should aply for it? never had to file for unemployment?

BigSnailBuick
02-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Over an airsoft gun?? Thats dumb.. well time to find an airsoft friendly workplace :)

Car Guy
02-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I believe since they called it horseplay or somethign of the sort and we have a policy that we all signed i'm not eligable? i could be wrong and maybe should aply for it? never had to file for unemployment?

Odds are unemployment will not be granted as a result of why you were fired, won't hurt to try but don't hold your breath.....

WickedSix
02-12-2010, 03:29 PM
if your horseplay was outside of work (ie off the clock) i believe you have a case to get unemployment.

the reality tho...thats just an excuse to have one less person on payroll by them....
we used to blow up 2 liter bottles on slow days at our tire shop.....

Car Guy
02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
if your horseplay was outside of work (ie off the clock) i believe you have a case to get unemployment.

Yes, however if the incident occurred in the shop (with an employee - on the clock, lilws6?) liability comes in to play and that is a legit reason for termination.....

MoCkiN U
02-12-2010, 03:46 PM
dude just apply and see. Its all online and the weekly claims are done online too.

https://ucclaim-wi.org/InternetInitialClaims/default.asp

LIL EVO
02-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Fact of the matter is, unemployment office will send Tires Plus a letter / phone call and ask why you were fired. So they could tell them whatever they wanted to.

Exitspeed
02-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I would apply. They have to fight it for you not to get it.

MoCkiN U
02-12-2010, 04:43 PM
wisconsin is not a right to work state so they dont have to have a great reason for termination. Many employers wont release why a person was term'd they will just give "policy violation" so on. They come close to slander going any further. Touchy subject

half of what I said there isnt exactly right but Im close, someone can fill in where I missed.

Crawlin
02-12-2010, 04:44 PM
When you apply for the unemployment, you will be asked what type of unemployment it is. If you were temp laid off, if you were laid off indefinitely, or if you were let go. If you were let go, they will ask you why, so tell them the 100% truth. Tell them that you were off the clock and horseplaying around with a guy who was on the clock. They will then send the letter to the employer confirming this in which they will respond as to why. You keep claiming for it even if you aren't getting checks. Then they will decide that you deserve unemployment (in most cases) because you were not given a first verbal warning about this issue. Then (in most cases) they will award you the unemployment. The process might take a month, but then you just get a check for 4x$365 or whatever you get

The worst that happens is that they say no.

(the above was the process that I have experienced, just not horseplay as the let go. I got let go for not accepting mediocrity from the salespeople, but they are cheaper to keep than I am)

Yooformula
02-12-2010, 05:37 PM
unless they gave him a prior warning for horseplay their claim wouldnt hold up. if they fire you, they have to show proof that you were warned and that you knew you could get fired. simply state taht you didnt know you would be fired when you were off the clock as someone else on the clock was involved. If they didnt fire that person as well, they are sol.

pOrk
02-12-2010, 06:23 PM
You would be stupid not to try

Beagle
02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Every now and then we get air bags that havent deployed at my work. that are taken off the car for what ever reasons. We get to blow them up before we get rid of them.

Reverend Cooper
02-12-2010, 07:07 PM
unless they gave him a prior warning for horseplay their claim wouldnt hold up. if they fire you, they have to show proof that you were warned and that you knew you could get fired. simply state taht you didnt know you would be fired when you were off the clock as someone else on the clock was involved. If they didnt fire that person as well, they are sol.

unless he signed the employee hand book in which he was already warned by reading and signing it

BoosTT
02-12-2010, 08:20 PM
1. Enjoy no longer working somewhere you dont want to
2. Apply for UI and be 100% upfront
3. Find an simular job
or 3b. Find a shitty job and enroll in higher education asap

Good luck. I really suggest you go back to school, if you are remotely willing. It really pays (even before you graduate~ in taxes, ect). Otherwise, try to find a simular job, prehaps part-time?? With school???

lilws6
02-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Everyone involved was off the clock so its bs to be terminated what ever. weve done a bunch of stupid stuff like the bottles blowing up some fun stuff but nothing to dangerous. But we have wats called a cheetah and thats been misused many a times and that could put a hole in someone for shure. Anouther store had a guy blow out someones ear drums now permenently deaf and i believe he didn't get fired. i guess why not aply for the unemployment and tell the truth the least i get is no you can't have it. and i go on my merry way trying to find a job. I do plan on seeking higher education. i need an idea where i want to be starting kinda leaning toward machining. that was anouther thing i was good at in school metal working and what not.

Korndogg
02-12-2010, 09:48 PM
lol....i remember the cheetah....

(I worked in the farm and fleet service center for 4 years)

CarbonRX
02-12-2010, 10:22 PM
welding is a great paying metal working job. good welders can make 35+ hourly, try looking into it.
did you work with sam pacala by anychance?

hrsp
02-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Every now and then we get air bags that havent deployed at my work. that are taken off the car for what ever reasons. We get to blow them up before we get rid of them.

sell them...airbags are EXPENSIVE!!!!!

LEWETHETIGER73
02-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Which tires plus was this? Maybe take buisness else where. Don't support the D. Bags!

MoCkiN U
02-13-2010, 01:25 AM
welding is a great paying metal working job. good welders can make 35+ hourly, try looking into it.
did you work with sam pacala by anychance?

if you find a good shop that will let you cert in house if you arent cert already. I played hell back in the day with several certs finding a shop that would pay well that wasnt overloaded with the mexicans.

I would work on a job and have it be 1/16" or 2 degrees off in a bend and have to rework it completely. Okay, no biggie fix my own shit but the mexicans would have shit be completely out 180, short or cock eyed and they wouldnt fix their own shit. They give their work to me and have me fix it.

Then high pressure tig shit would come in and pull me off a job to do that. No problem got it. THen I get yelled at for the job I came off of wasnt within the clocked time. AGGGGGHH!!

I swear I miss it though. If I could find a good paying shop that would let me get back in practice for a few hours I would do it again

pOrk
02-13-2010, 07:14 AM
35 an hour welding? Lol, steamfitters don't even make that.

Machining is a boring job, everything is computerized now so most likjely all you would be doing is pushing the go button and metal finishing parts as they come out. Get into a trade, I regret not doing so.

Korndogg
02-13-2010, 07:26 AM
35 an hour welding? Lol, steamfitters don't even make that.

yeah we do, well I believe journeyman pay is right there anyway, if its not there yet.. I don't remember

but its close to it!! lol

Getting into a trade is going to be really hard right now. I know we aren't taking on any new apprentices because last I heard there were 33 apprentices on the list and who knows how many journeyman.

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Medical industry, clean and no shortage of dying mother efers.
When I lose my factory job that's where I'm headed, I think anyway. :shades

And yea get that Obama money you don't be denied for that horse shit reason of being fired.

lilws6
02-13-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't remember any sam's that i worked with and this was the delefield tiresplus. also in corporate with all the other ones that i know of in wisconsin. except watertown thats not a coorperate store. They don't have great prices on there shit anyway. and for empoyee discounts you don't get anythign really the only good thing was labor was $25 an hour. but they made you pay to fix your own shit so a complete waste IMO. The only reason i advised people to come out to tires plus was because i worked there and if i did it atleast i knew it was getting done right. on top of this bs there was a black guy i was starting to befriend and he was going to transfer back to chicago and work and live there. they had all his stuff setup. we bid him farewell and i thought he was gone. turns out he just decided not to go. to me that would be like a no call no show and technically fired. now since they got rid of be i hear they are tryign to bring him back witch would be stupid if they did. don't get me wrong he was cool and all but his work ethic sucked horribly like just about 80% of that shop right now. I put up with the BS for almost 4 years and everyone they kept hiring worked slower and slower. boy cot the tires plus's i know i wouldn't go there for any kind of work unless it was free lol

Korndogg
02-13-2010, 10:28 AM
lol im the same way with farm and fleet. I haven't gone in that store since i left.

CarbonRX
02-13-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't remember any sam's that i worked with and this was the delefield tiresplus. also in corporate with all the other ones that i know of in wisconsin. except watertown thats not a coorperate store. They don't have great prices on there shit anyway. and for empoyee discounts you don't get anythign really the only good thing was labor was $25 an hour. but they made you pay to fix your own shit so a complete waste IMO. The only reason i advised people to come out to tires plus was because i worked there and if i did it atleast i knew it was getting done right. on top of this bs there was a black guy i was starting to befriend and he was going to transfer back to chicago and work and live there. they had all his stuff setup. we bid him farewell and i thought he was gone. turns out he just decided not to go. to me that would be like a no call no show and technically fired. now since they got rid of be i hear they are tryign to bring him back witch would be stupid if they did. don't get me wrong he was cool and all but his work ethic sucked horribly like just about 80% of that shop right now. I put up with the BS for almost 4 years and everyone they kept hiring worked slower and slower. boy cot the tires plus's i know i wouldn't go there for any kind of work unless it was free lol

thats alot of places nowadays, small business is where its at if you don't want to deal with those kind of issues.

GTSLOW
02-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Finally got word today that i will no longer be a tiresplus employee. Due to some stupid unfortunate horseplay that involved me i no longer have a job. So for the time being i'm looking for some sort of employment if any one knows something i may be able to handle. I'm ase certified in brakes, steering and suspension. Certified in A/C work on vehicles. All my experience so far has delt with cars. i guess i'm open for anything right now since i really have to get back to school and figure out what i want to do for a career.

Mechanic opening (http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=219)

:thumbsup

lilws6
02-14-2010, 09:02 PM
lol sorry i don't think the army is for me

Gregor
02-14-2010, 09:22 PM
When you apply for the unemployment, you will be asked what type of unemployment it is. If you were temp laid off, if you were laid off indefinitely, or if you were let go. If you were let go, they will ask you why, so tell them the 100% truth. Tell them that you were off the clock and horseplaying around with a guy who was on the clock. They will then send the letter to the employer confirming this in which they will respond as to why. You keep claiming for it even if you aren't getting checks. Then they will decide that you deserve unemployment (in most cases) because you were not given a first verbal warning about this issue.

Yep thats true, if you were fired for theft, Misconduct (ie; throwing you managers head in a door and then slamming a door a few times) or attendence you dont have a chance. It takes about a month to have a judicator look into why you were let go. And then they make the call. Don't lie that will kill any unemployment on the spot.

My last employer didn't fight it and I was awarded UE, but they can. Its really tough to find a job now a days. You have people that made 50k a year fighting for 15K a year jobs. And companys will post jobs for 3/4 of what they would have paid a year ago. Because the market is so flooded.

Its ugly out there.

Car Guy
02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
I found a job for you.....:goof

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/trd/1602469424.html

-stew-
02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Mechanic opening (http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=219)

:thumbsup

11B is a way cooler job. If I could do it over again...

Apply for the UI, Don. The employer has to prove you are ineligible. I got fired for being late a lot. As in daily. My employer stopped recording it when I was late it happened so much. There was no time clock. They couldn't prove I was late X amount of days out of Y amount of days, so they couldn't validate my termination and I got full unemployment benny's.

Rocket Power
02-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I found a job for you.....:goof

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/trd/1602469424.html

Too soon?:goof

lilws6
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
acually i could work at the watertown one they are not coorperate owned but thats a haul for me delefield was a haul from waterford