PDA

View Full Version : Casanova's Outdoor - 50% off snowboarding stuff

Moparjim
02-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Most if not all their boards, boots, bindings, goggles, you name it are 50%. Some good deals, you can walk out of there with a decent board, boots, bindings, everything for like $250-$300.

4500 or so north 124th in Butler.

Nice guy to deal with as well.

LIL_PRO_SHOW_SS
02-24-2010, 08:13 PM
do u know how much it would cost for the cheapest snowboard always wanted to get into snowboarding.

Crawlin
02-24-2010, 08:57 PM
It's Paul right? Paul Casanova? His ex Lisa worked at Dodge City with us back in the day.

If that's him, he's always been cool to deal with

LIL - for everything you'd need, down to clothes/board/bindings/boots at a sale like this, GOOD stuff would probably only end up being $300-400 if the deals are as good as this ad lists.

Probably swing in there as I need new boots

T-Bag
02-25-2010, 12:45 PM
i think its pierre casanova, bringing my boat to him in april, seems like a real nice guy and reasonable labor rates and seems to know what he's talking about.

JC70SS
02-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Not a fan of Pierre:rolleyes:

Crawlin
02-26-2010, 09:20 AM
yeah, i'm thinking of someone else. Brad/UnderPSI knew of him. Pierre might be dad and Paul son or somethign like that.

That_Guy
02-26-2010, 09:22 AM
i bought my ski boots last year they where about 200 dollars cheaper then any other store.. they go through and make sure things fit right before you leave. super cool people there.

T-Bag
02-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Not a fan of Pierre:rolleyes:

whys that?

tommyt5078
02-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Do they deals on reg. Ski stuff?

Moparjim
02-26-2010, 02:20 PM
They didn't have much actual skis and boots/bindings when I was there - mainly just stuff they took on trade it seemed. They do have clothing, gloves, helmets, etc. though.

As far as the boards, I have bought a bunch for myself and the family. Depending on size and make, you can get a really nice board for as low as $100-$200, bindings for $50-$75, and boots for $50-$75 so about $200-$350 for what I would say is all decent quality, decent brand name stuff.

I got 2 really cool Rad-Air boards that seem to be pretty rare/hard to find in the states, a couple of pre Chinese last year Morrow boards for my wife, and a Black Flys (sunglass maker) brand board. They had stuff from Avalanche, Burton, etc. Bindings I got were Atomic, Morrow, etc. Boots I got Burton, World Industries, Morrow. Basically snowboards seem to be like many things - there are about 200 decent "brands" that when it all comes down to it are virtually identical and made at really only about half a dozen makers in the world. As long as your not a pro rider and get a decent brand, and it looks cool lol, its all good.

Moparjim
02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Also, I think it is Paul that I have been dealing with on the snowboard stuff. He puts all the bindings on and does a basic initial setup on the stuff for you for free when you buy it as well.

Its a really cool store I think, I have been back several times and will be back for ATV and other stuff in spring as well... Great customer service and attitude, as well as good prices makes me want to give a shop repeat business!

JC70SS
02-28-2010, 11:30 AM
whys that?

Lets just say he said he wanted to buy my thundercat I had a few yrs ago and I went through the hassle of borrowing a trailer to get it back to brookfield. Spent half the day screwing around then the asshat never had the courtesy to call me back.

BTW he is the owners son.

GRAMPS SS
02-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Sean and I went in there yesterday...he found a board he wanted...280.00 out the door ...board,bindings and boots....
will be going back with cash for a recession deal straight cash for Sean has boots already..Will offer him 190.00 without the boots....if he takes it..he does...if not..we keep looking...
The guy was very helpful to Sean and seemed like a nice guy....i remember when they were on Capital Drive.....bought some old camera equipment fom him...

T-Bag
02-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Lets just say he said he wanted to buy my thundercat I had a few yrs ago and I went through the hassle of borrowing a trailer to get it back to brookfield. Spent half the day screwing around then the asshat never had the courtesy to call me back.

BTW he is the owners son.

Oh I gotcha so nothing knocking their business basically

JC70SS
02-28-2010, 08:22 PM
no, just him.

Moparjim
03-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Sean and I went in there yesterday...he found a board he wanted...280.00 out the door ...board,bindings and boots....
will be going back with cash for a recession deal straight cash for Sean has boots already..Will offer him 190.00 without the boots....if he takes it..he does...if not..we keep looking...
The guy was very helpful to Sean and seemed like a nice guy....i remember when they were on Capital Drive.....bought some old camera equipment fom him...

From what I saw in the classifieds thread, he is planning on using "regular" boots? If so I would HIGHLY recommend just buying actual boots lol. Snowboard boots are way stiffer to support your feet/ankle, and are canted forward as well. I cannot even fathom trying to actually snowboard and work the board without real snowboard boots and bindings...

Offer him $250 for the whole package and he will probably take it. That is a screaming deal for brand new quality stuff, I see people asking that for used setups on Craigslist left and right. Idiots pay twice or three or even 4 times that for new stuff at other shops, even big chain "discount" places. At Sports Authority the other day they had some stuff on clearance so I checked it out, and other than the very limited clearance selection, most boards alone were $300 or more, boots $100 or more, bindings $100 or more... You couldn't walk out of there with anything decent for less than $400-$500 for a package and that was what I consider the middle quality stuff.