PDA

View Full Version : OK, Really, this is getting out of hand...

johnny--2k
02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Here we go again with Toyota. I saw this posted on another site, but this is just assinine!!!

From Jalopnik.com....

Toyota’s Latest Problem: Possessed Lexus Steering Wheels

Unintended acceleration, Steve Wozniak's Prius brake problems, unexpected veering and now video of a Lexus with a possessed steering wheel. More legendary Toyota build quality or beige biting back? Video below.

Now, as far as we know, this IS350's issue could have been caused by the owner, a poster at My.IS. running over a herd of cats and not just a fundamental Toyota design flaw, but a user over at the forum Club Lexus currently has the same problem.

There was a courtesy campaign (i.e. a non-recall recall) for IS model power steering but, according to a tech on the site, this didn't involve replacing the sensor that could be causing this problem. Given Toyota's recent track record, we bet this clip will be causing a national scandal on CNN within the hour.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this?
http://vid173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/aQuarius-26/th_PossessedSteering.jpg?videoplayer=offsite?video player=offsite?videoplayer=offsite?videoplayer=off site (http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/aQuarius-26/?action=view&current=PossessedSteering.flv)

From: http://jalopnik.com/5469487/toyotas-latest-problem-possessed-lexus-steering-wheels

y2kws6
02-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Holy $hit, that would freak the hell out of me.

johnny--2k
02-11-2010, 11:11 AM
no kidding!!! That's some scary shit!

Exitspeed
02-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Holy shit! It's having a seizure.

Prince Valiant
02-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Given Toyota's recent track record, we bet this clip will be causing a national scandal on CNN within the hour.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Yes. Collective Obsessional Behavior (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria), aka Mass Hysteria.

I know [they] were asking about the steering, to which I have no idea what would cause that.

I just found it interesting the proximity of the statement and question. Here's an issue that by-itself would warrant no national attention...however as [the author] point out, I will not be surprised if one does see attention paid to this on the 24 hour news channels due to toyota's recent problems...some of which (like steve wozniak's cruise control problem) aren't even clear yet.

johnny--2k
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Prince, all that stuff is from jalopnik's site, not my quote. I prob should have put it in a quote box, which I will do now. But, I do agree with what you are saying.

srt4eh
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
seems normal to me......lol

animal
02-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Holy shit! It's having a seizure.

Or is that a new feature so you can steer normally while having a seizure?

johnny--2k
02-11-2010, 11:39 AM

:rolf:rolf Thanks ass, diet coke all over my desk! :rolf

animal
02-11-2010, 11:49 AM
:rolf:rolf Thanks ass, diet coke all over my desk! :rolf

Were it pepsi I'd be more impressed :thumbsup

07ROUSHSTG3
02-11-2010, 11:51 AM
WTF???

1: what would cause that
2: if it is staged, how do you get a car to do that
3: how do i get my buddies car to do that when he goes to leave the bar LOL!

Deggy
02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
:stare

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I saw something just like it on the youtube awhile back. Supposable anti theft deal, seemed fairly fake to me but if real seemed like it might work.
Vid guy claims it'll break an arm.

I thought maybe a self parking feature malfunction but have no idea if that Lexus is so equipped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSbjgXbDUzo

CATNHAT
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I think Toyota made my keyboaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

johnny--2k
02-11-2010, 02:52 PM
hahah.....nice!

fivonut
02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
WTF???

Looks like it's owner error.

UPDATE: It appears, from comments and in talking to a Toyota/Lexus employee, that it's possible the instillation of aftermarket HID headlights without the proper surge protection could be responsible for frying a sensor or part of the electronics system. This is only speculation, but all the vehicles involved so far seem to have installed the lights.

DurtyKurty
02-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Sure, my Ford may burn to the ground when I'm not around, but that's some crazy sh!t right there. Reminds me of my Microsoft force feed back steering wheel!

TheRX7Project
02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
WTF???

I lol'd

CATNHAT
02-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I heard on CNN radio the other day that some independent testing engineers BELIEVE the prblem has something to do with elctro-magnetic interference but they have no idea where it is coming from ie. under the hood, cell phones, towers, etc.

For the record I usually do not listen to CNN radio but heard the story and listened, then quickly changed back to Fox.:goof

Car Guy
02-11-2010, 03:31 PM
All of this talk about Toyota lately has me referring to a song by Don Henley, anyone care to guess what it is...??? :)

lordairgtar
02-11-2010, 06:10 PM
At least the Scions are unaffected.

T-Bag
02-11-2010, 08:00 PM
At least the Scions are unaffected.

Until two week from now when something will be discovered about them :goof

lordairgtar
02-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Until two week from now when something will be discovered about them :goof
That's what I'm afraid of.

OxmanWI
02-12-2010, 12:12 AM
I think a Toyota raped my Chevy cause it was sorta doing that on the highway!

Reverend Cooper
02-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Looks like it's owner error.

[/I]

LOLZ. It can't be it must be Toyota's fault. FAIL

Crawlin
02-12-2010, 07:34 AM

I had just assumed that it was the Michael J. Fox edition

Too soon? awwwww, hahaha

animal
02-12-2010, 07:43 AM

Too soon? awwwww, hahaha

Never.

Maybe they ran out of interior parts and converted an old outrun video game setup into that interior. :goof (if you guys are old enough to remember that ;) )

Reverend Cooper
02-12-2010, 07:12 PM

Too soon? awwwww, hahaha

lol you read that on the site :thumbsup