PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Edge is EFFIN HOT!

Exitspeed
02-11-2010, 10:41 AM
First Ford does the Fusion right, and now they just snapped on the new Edge.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/02/2011edge002.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/02/2011edge000.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/02/2011edge010.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/02/2011edge007.jpg

07ROUSHSTG3
02-11-2010, 10:46 AM
yes. looks good.

xxtremeteam
02-11-2010, 11:16 AM
I really like that maybe we can replace the wifes jeep with one

OxmanWI
02-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Ford is looking sexyer and sexyer!

WhatsADSM
02-11-2010, 12:30 PM
I guess its hot when you compare it to a minivan!

pOrk
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Minivans are ghey, and so are ford mustangs :rolf

Silver86
02-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Ford is looking sexyer and sexyer!

i agree!

Gregor
02-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Yuk, it looks nasty. Umm, it looks like a 4 door smart car. I just want to punt it.

-stew-
02-11-2010, 07:08 PM
The interwebs doesn't contain enough donotwant.jpg's to explain how this car(?) makes me feel.

0TransAm0
02-11-2010, 07:13 PM
eh. me don't like.

Prince Valiant
02-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm curious how it'll perform with the base "ecoboost" 4 cylinder...iirc something b/w 220-230hp? But what will really be interesting will be the fuel mileage from it.

I think it's a little bizarre that they'll offer both the NA 3.5 and NA 3.7 v6's...and curious why they went for the 3.7 as the top engine vs the 3.5 "ecoboost"?

nismodave
02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Ok, but not HOT.

Josepy
02-11-2010, 07:58 PM
It's an overpriced minivan with no sliding doors. I would rather have an explorer over that.

SBC-Fox
02-11-2010, 09:14 PM
not a fan

FoxStang
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I like it, the previous Edge was kind of fugly, this one actually looks slick. Either way it looks better than the Lincoln monstrosity of this car.

hrsp
02-11-2010, 09:29 PM
not a big fan...not azteka ugly but not jgc hot...

BOSS LX
02-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Not a fan, but it is no gayer then anything else on the road.

Slow Joe
02-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Meh... You won't see one in my driveway unless someone I know that has one is visiting...

PureSound15
02-12-2010, 09:22 AM
I had an Edge for a rental - it was great. I'd let the lady drive one.

Exitspeed
02-12-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm curious how it'll perform with the base "ecoboost" 4 cylinder...iirc something b/w 220-230hp? But what will really be interesting will be the fuel mileage from it.

I think it's a little bizarre that they'll offer both the NA 3.5 and NA 3.7 v6's...and curious why they went for the 3.7 as the top engine vs the 3.5 "ecoboost"?

I don't understand why they didn't do the 3.5 Ecoboost either. They really should be using that for their top trim. I think it's weird they weren't planning on offering it in the new Fusion either. They said the next gen but personally I think the current gen is just right.

It's an overpriced minivan with no sliding doors. I would rather have an explorer over that.

The a car is just an underpriced minivan with no sliding doors.

The Explorer is a dinosaur.

I realize that I'm never going to take a SUV/CUV off road and therefore the body on frame Explorer does nothing for me. The Edge is just right for what I need. I need to be able to pull my boat, and would like something with AWD for my wife. The extra space is just a bonus. Which would help with our infinite trips to Menards/Home Depot/Lowes. Plus it doesn't LOOK like a gay ass minivan.

But styling is subjective. Considering the CUV's in it's class it's quit good looking. Nissan fucked the Murano up with the new gen. The Highlander is just plain terrible looking. The Pilot is another dino, and one with no soul to boot. LOL at the Journey and Nitro. The Traverse is too big and Enclave a little pricey. The new Tucson looks nice, but eh.

The Edge for me is just right.

BAD LS1
02-12-2010, 09:48 AM
The prior generation in black with the big ass factory wheels looked way better. Now it looks like a swollen clit-model-tortoise. Isn't this thing mostly Mazda anyway?

Exitspeed
02-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Well it's on the same platform as the Mazda 6, CX-7, and CX-9 and yeah it was designed by Mazda. Which is not a bad thing.

WhatsADSM
02-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't understand why they didn't do the 3.5 Ecoboost either. They really should be using that for their top trim. I think it's weird they weren't planning on offering it in the new Fusion either. They said the next gen but personally I think the current gen is just right.

The a car is just an underpriced minivan with no sliding doors.

The Explorer is a dinosaur.

I realize that I'm never going to take a SUV/CUV off road and therefore the body on frame Explorer does nothing for me. The Edge is just right for what I need. I need to be able to pull my boat, and would like something with AWD for my wife. The extra space is just a bonus. Which would help with our infinite trips to Menards/Home Depot/Lowes. Plus it doesn't LOOK like a gay ass minivan.

But styling is subjective. Considering the CUV's in it's class it's quit good looking. Nissan fucked the Murano up with the new gen. The Highlander is just plain terrible looking. The Pilot is another dino, and one with no soul to boot. LOL at the Journey and Nitro. The Traverse is too big and Enclave a little pricey. The new Tucson looks nice, but eh.

The Edge for me is just right.

Truthfully I hear ya. I just bought a CUV because truthfully it fits my lifestyle like you. I just needed it to be big enough to go to home depot, haul the dog(s) around, occasionally tow some furniture, and just be comfortable and nice. AWD, decent fuel economy, decent power, and decent handling is also what threw it in favor of the CUV over full framed.

And yea they screwed up the styling on the new murano. IMO the 06-07 was the best they looked.

Exitspeed
02-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Truthfully I hear ya. I just bought a CUV because truthfully it fits my lifestyle like you. I just needed it to be big enough to go to home depot, haul the dog(s) around, occasionally tow some furniture, and just be comfortable and nice. AWD, decent fuel economy, decent power, and decent handling is also what threw it in favor of the CUV over full framed.

And yea they screwed up the styling on the new murano. IMO the 06-07 was the best they looked.

Agreed. My wife has wanted a Murano for a long time. Then they redesigned it and I've hated it ever since. I love the CVT transmission in them too.

The Equinox is also a front runner for me right now.

WhatsADSM
02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Agreed. My wife has wanted a Murano for a long time. Then they redesigned it and I've hated it ever since. I love the CVT transmission in them too.

The Equinox is also a front runner for me right now.

Yea the new equinox and the terrain are really nice! Not sure if it has enough go for you, but the fuel economy on them is just astonishing for something that sized! Nice interior too.

Exitspeed
02-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Yea the new equinox and the terrain are really nice! Not sure if it has enough go for you, but the fuel economy on them is just astonishing for something that sized! Nice interior too.

As long as it can haul my Alumacraft it's got enough go for me. The V6 has a 3500lb two capacity. Not exaclty sue how much the boat weighs but I'm sure it's not that heavy. Plus my dad is a retired GM employee so I the discount on it.

But this Edge is just doing it for me! :stare

Prince Valiant
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Yea the new equinox and the terrain are really nice! Not sure if it has enough go for you, but the fuel economy on them is just astonishing for something that sized! Nice interior too.The new equinox looks decent...

When I first looked at the terrain, I thought it looked good...but the more I see of it, the less attractive it looks. Look at the fenders on them! Makes it hard to see anything else on the vehicle afterward...looks tacked on.

Exitspeed
02-12-2010, 11:56 AM
The new equinox looks decent...

When I first looked at the terrain, I thought it looked good...but the more I see of it, the less attractive it looks. Look at the fenders on them! Makes it hard to see anything else on the vehicle afterward...looks tacked on.

I agree on the fenders. Also the front grill looks like a window air conditioner.

It's the more masculine version of the two but it missed the mark for me.

BigSnailBuick
02-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Looks like garbage to me. Guess we all have different tastes

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-13-2010, 08:27 AM
I like the current Limited Edges better then the new one but the new one does look pretty nice. The CX-7 & 9 also look nice as heck. Sadly I think the Fords look much better than their Lincoln counterparts. I just cannot stand that waterfall front grille being used on all the Lincolns.
I thought I liked the tail light with its Gen 2 Mark 8 like neon glow but even that has become ugly on the Mark whatever that ugly thing is.

I'm not in the market for a new car and wont be buying anything for awhile but I'm a real holdover and while I guess I don't go off-roading I have been known to mount some chunky tires and go "off-road" and really push the limit of my current V8 Exploder and I have never been let down by the thing.
I sure do not want a car based uni can with a tiny motor and car suspension like the next generation Exploder will be, Toreass based :rolf
My next vehicle will be like an 04 Exploder V8 with AWD and all the options, just like I got now a 99 with 190k on it and running awesome. Actually that will be my wifes new to use ride and I'll get that old 99 Eddie Bauer, I was thinking of throwing a SFA under the front and lifting it 6 inches. :rolf
Fiberass boats are heavier and I hope to acquire a nice 20 footer with lots of freeboard.

1320PNY
02-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Look at the 2011 Edge Sport. Saw it yesterday at the Chicago auto show. Looks pretty sweet.

77thor
02-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Posted by a Ford salesperson?

It does nothing for me. IMO.

FoxStang
02-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I like the current Limited Edges better then the new one but the new one does look pretty nice. The CX-7 & 9 also look nice as heck. Sadly I think the Fords look much better than their Lincoln counterparts. I just cannot stand that waterfall front grille being used on all the Lincolns.
I thought I liked the tail light with its Gen 2 Mark 8 like neon glow but even that has become ugly on the Mark whatever that ugly thing is.

I'm not in the market for a new car and wont be buying anything for awhile but I'm a real holdover and while I guess I don't go off-roading I have been known to mount some chunky tires and go "off-road" and really push the limit of my current V8 Exploder and I have never been let down by the thing.
I sure do not want a car based uni can with a tiny motor and car suspension like the next generation Exploder will be, Toreass based :rolf
My next vehicle will be like an 04 Exploder V8 with AWD and all the options, just like I got now a 99 with 190k on it and running awesome. Actually that will be my wifes new to use ride and I'll get that old 99 Eddie Bauer, I was thinking of throwing a SFA under the front and lifting it 6 inches. :rolf
Fiberass boats are heavier and I hope to acquire a nice 20 footer with lots of freeboard.

Just read about that the other day, next gen explorer will come standard with a turbo 2.0 inline four, and have a 3.5 or 3.7 V6 option for a bigger motor, also built on the Taurus frame. This saddens me.

jbiscuit
02-13-2010, 05:13 PM
no way I'd say this is 'hot' but its not ugly either. Just meh

GTSLOW
02-13-2010, 10:53 PM
The wheels are a little to much.

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Any interior shots ?

jakedrew
02-23-2010, 07:16 PM
I liked the previous one better.

Lol at the clitoreass comment by bad ls1

URLOZIN
02-23-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't like it!

GTO RLY?
02-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Looks like epic weaksauce...

What is wrong with Ford? They are the kings of frump. I guess the Mustangs don't look too bad - but the trendy, retro pandering is getting old too.