PDA

View Full Version : Insurance question

subliminal1284
02-09-2010, 03:01 PM
My mom was in a accident and the car was tottaled out and there were no injuries, she was not the one at fault, Her car was bought at a buy here pay here lot and is not paid off yet. She basically got scammed by the buy here pay here place and paid like 4 times as much as the car is worth and the amount she still owes is still more than what blue book value is. What Im wondering is will the other persons insurance company just be issuing a check directly to the buy her pay here place to pay it off or will the insurance be giving both the dealer and my mom some money for compensation? Im not sure how they work that in a situation like this so any input would be great.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-09-2010, 03:08 PM
if there is a lien on it, then they will pay the lienholder what it is worth. i hope she had gap insurance or she will end up paying for a car that she doesn't have anymore.

subliminal1284
02-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks, Thats what I was afraid of. Just wanted to know if she was going to get anything out of it herself since she really needs a new car now.

brotherbenn83
02-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a bad situation, I don't know how it will play out since the other driver was at fault. If your mom was at fault and her car was valued at (for example) $5000 and she still owed $8000, without gap insurance she would have to pay the $3000 difference. Hope this works out for her, despite the fact there were no injuries maybe her insurance/she can sue the other driver anyways???

0TransAm0
02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
get a good lawyer and sue them bastads..