PDA

View Full Version : Attn: TurboGarrett (RX7 question)

Cryptic
05-24-2004, 09:11 AM
I'll be picking up a 93' RX7 TT today for another test drive. I want to have the motor compression tested. It has 75k on the original motor.

Would you recommend a local shop to do this? Could I easily do it myself. Anything you think I should look for as well?

I also need someone to have a look at a possible Left Front bent frame rail and see what the severity is of that. (it may be my biggest haggling point.)

GRNDNL
05-24-2004, 10:15 AM
I'll be picking up a 93' RX7 TT today for another test drive. I want to have the motor compression tested. It has 75k on the original motor.

Would you recommend a local shop to do this? Could I easily do it myself. Anything you think I should look for as well?

I also need someone to have a look at a possible Left Front bent frame rail and see what the severity is of that. (it may be my biggest haggling point.)

I can look at the rail if you run it out here, shops in Hartland.....

Cryptic
05-24-2004, 11:09 AM
that works out good.. cuz the car is in oconomowoc

can you send me the address & phone # of the shop

GRNDNL
05-24-2004, 03:21 PM
that works out good.. cuz the car is in oconomowoc

can you send me the address & phone # of the shop

262-367-8000

We're just off of Hwy 16 and 83

turbogarrett
05-24-2004, 05:29 PM
compression testing isn't too hard. check rx7club.com for the procedure. the plugs are kind of a ***** to get at, you may have to remove the throttle body elbow. are you going to stick with the rotary?

turbogarrett
05-24-2004, 05:31 PM
also with 75k on the original motor a rebuild will be in the near future!

Cryptic
05-24-2004, 06:07 PM
are you going to stick with the rotary?

for now yeah... dont plan on dragging or auto-x

Cryptic
05-25-2004, 04:53 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to Keith for lookin the car over.

Nice shop too BTW :thumbsup

for those that are curious, the cars frame rail is fine. Fenders are moved, but no real serious damage. Huge ass dent in gas tank, and plastic pieces are falling off here and there. Other than that, car seems fine.

No other common problems like:
3000rpm hesititation
High Idle

Clutch seems like new to me.

Looks like a go. I'll send them my offer.