PDA

View Full Version : Traxxas stuff NEW

LEWETHETIGER73
02-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Well I got the new 4x4 Slash and I don't need this stuff. It has the new traxxas 2.4 spektrum remote so you won't need the crystals and you don't have to worry about any radio interference. Also the Velinion system. Has a couple runs on it. This is a 10.5 brushless motor and speed control that is water proof! Also have the body still in the box. It is the Mark Jenkins body

I will be at Trackside Friday and Saturday if you wanna see the stuff.
Larry 414-416-5393

Remote setup $75
Motor and speed control $110
body $30

All of it $200. May consider trades for short course stuff

lilws6
02-08-2010, 09:51 PM
your running at trackside i run my road car once and a while wen i'm off on a saturday wanted to getinto the slashes as well but money is tight

LEWETHETIGER73
02-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Best class to get into! The have a huge short course race going on there on April 24-25.
I know how the money thing is. I need to sell this to get some other parts. I also need a new top, but I prefer to paint my own.

lilws6
02-09-2010, 05:38 PM
i thought they were running the tamyia race soon or is that the short track? I just traded my huge TXT-1 for a smaller rock crawler and might need to trade this crawler for a slash lol. i do need to upgrade to a 2.4 radio system you have pics of what theres looks like?

LEWETHETIGER73
02-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Here is a link to the model I have

http://www.traxxas.com/products/accessories/traxxaslink_24ghz/traxxaslink_overview.htm

Here is another link to a short course thread. Trackside has the slash there for $194 and it comes with a battery as well.

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/

lilws6
02-10-2010, 08:09 AM
oh so the radios look the same as the as the older models just more of an upgraded internal transmiting reciever setup. i saw them at trackside didn't know they were that cheap i need to sell my other cars then quick and get one there semi unbreakable i hear!

1fast2litre
02-10-2010, 12:44 PM
This is a good deal, awesome class to race at Trackside. If I can sell my RC10T4 i'll be all over this :headbang

LEWETHETIGER73
02-10-2010, 04:14 PM
If you can check it out! Friday night or Saturday after 3pm you can see. It's fun to watch as well. More realistic then the other ones. And traxxas is pretty much bullet proof out of the box. I'll be there both days so if you wanna try one out or check it out just swing by. I usually sit at the end spots and I am the only one with a homer simpson character in the car. Also I am the only Larry there usually.

lilws6
02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
i've seen em run before. does it really mater which one i get into the 2wd ones are cheaper. if i can sell my crap i'll be buying one

LEWETHETIGER73
02-10-2010, 05:48 PM
If you are just starting out I always recomend the Traxxas. EASY to use, great supply of parts at cheap prices, unlimited amount of aftermarket upgrades. AND damn near bullet proof. Now if you have raced before and know how it's done there are other kits to get but the do cost more. Sure they can handle better but you can get a slash to do the same. I run the slash because I like the style, ease of use, and how they preform. All I can say is do your homework and find out different views from different racers and make your own decision. Happy Hunting!

LEWETHETIGER73
02-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Or you can always get the 4x4. At $400 you get it all. Water proof Brushless power, 2.4ghz remote. And a insane amount of power and control!

lilws6
02-10-2010, 07:33 PM
i used to race at abc hobby in waukesha on there carpet. raced everything from a stampede to an emaxx and even an evader for awhile was getting pretty good. This was way back i think middle school. lately ive been runnin the road car and its pretty dialed in i love the traxxas stuff its all bullet proof. we'll see what i can scroung up if i get a 2x4 or 4x4 model witch ever i think i can get first is the one i'll end up with i know they have both classes at trackside