PDA

View Full Version : My fun Sunday...

Crawlin
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Start off inthe morning headed to the gun show. Walked around and met some of the guys from House of Harley as well as UnderPSI(Brad). Walked around a little bit but the girlfriend wasn't feeling well. I think she was just nervous being around the guns. She hadn't evershot before nor had she ever touched a gun before. So we walked around the place and then had to get going. She said that even though she was feeling "sick" that she still wanted to go shooting. Awesome girlfriend. Anyways, I figured she'd end up shooting my XD9, so I got something that would help the both of us for aiming.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/z28kid98/Gun%20Stuff/XD/DSC00746.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/z28kid98/Gun%20Stuff/XD/DSC00747.jpg

I was hoping that with this sighted in, it'd help her understand how the sights worked and how to acquire a target. It helped me alot as well once it got sighted in and I was then able to replicate accuracy with the lazer off. Was a pretty decent price compared to online prices for it new. So saved $50 on that.

So anyways, we got to the range and there wasn't a ton of people there which is what I was hoping for. I wanted it quiet and not busy so I could talk to Beka and help her out a bit. I rented her a Walther P22 to start with. So after sighting in the 9mm, I tested out the P22, and the thing was broke. Brad looked at it too, and I swapped it out for a Sig Mosquito .22LR.

I got her to understand how it functions and how to aim it and she shot it. Put a clip downrange and was still a little nervous. Then UnderPSI(Brad) stepped over an helped her understand the aiming a little bit better. Gave her a little bit better advice than I could have and then this happens...

(you can see the outside shots and then the afteradvice grouping in the middle. Still no half dollar size, but shit I can't do that either)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/z28kid98/Gun%20Stuff/DSC00745.jpg

Not bad for the first time EVER touching a gun, let alone a handgun that doesn't have the best aiming devices, haha. She then let one rip on my XD9 and it just was too loud for her and too much recoil for her first trip to the range. So she didn't want to shoot that anymore.

So the best news I could expect from today, she's pretty damn decent for a beginner, she likes the little .22LR handgun, she wants one of her own, and she wants to go shooting more with me!

I gotta thank Brad for coming out and helping us both out. Was fun to go shooting with you! Hope you get everything sighted in on your stuff too! haha.

93 Coupe
02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Was it the show at the sports complex in Franklin? I was there friday, and anybody else see the neo-nazi group that was selling guns? That kinda kinda off putting.

Crawlin
02-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah, that one. I didn't realize they were neo nazi people, but I did see all the german historical badgers/medals/etc... Probably the same people. Some of that stuff was REALLY interesting.

Holeshot
02-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Awesome.

Crawlin
02-07-2010, 06:09 PM
As I'm looking through the 5 targets.... I actually don't see where she missed the body. EVER. I see where I missed it, haha. I think we were probably at 10-12ft for this as I didn't want it to be too far away. More normal "self defense distance".

Reverend Cooper
02-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Be very aware,most women that shoot end up be extremely good at it,my wife never fired a hand gun before,when i got her first bersa thunder .380 she picked out. she has three headshots in the first clip. at 25-30 yards.
she had no bad habits to break she watched learned and asked questions.

Crawlin
02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
i am very scared. She was sitting next to me and just asked if we could go tomorrow. She said it was a good stress reliever because while she was shooting, she had everything leave her mind but how to safely handle the gun as well as aiming it. Only thing that got to her was the smoke after a TON of people showed up. So can't wait for outdoor time! ahha

I've created a monster, but atleast one I can deal with. I just don't want to spend that much on a .22, but yet I want to get her what she feels comfortable with. She shot Brad's Ruger I think it was. And that was too heavy for her. So that polymer frame guns are where it's at.

It's time to call teh guy at Fletcher's and take a course together.

UnderPSI
02-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Had a good time. She is definitely going to be a great shooter. Taking a class with Bob is an excellent idea. You will both learn more in that hour than most people learn in there whole shooting life time.

HITMAN
02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Viridian green laser. Nice choice! :shades

I picked up an X5 myself for my XDM.40 at the gun show on Sat. as well as an Eotech for my M4. Now I just need to get my ass to the range and sight my junk in.