PDA

View Full Version : Can you figure out how this works?

Nix
02-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Enjoy!!

http://www.regiftable.com/regiftingrobinpopup.html :rolf

ThatWhiteCivic
02-06-2010, 05:18 PM
lol nice

michelle
02-06-2010, 05:19 PM
All the multiple of 9's are the same item. When you subtract the digits, it will always be a number that is a multiple of nine.

Versions of this "mind trick" have been around for a long time. I'm a math geek, so...

Geek version:
The number you choose can be shown as (10x+y), where x is your first digit and y is your second digit. When you subtract the digits (after you add them together), that is represented as (x+y). You are then left with 9x, so you can see it will always be a multiple of 9.

Nix
02-06-2010, 06:58 PM
All the multiple of 9's are the same item. When you subtract the digits, it will always be a number that is a multiple of nine.

Versions of this "mind trick" have been around for a long time. I'm a math geek, so...

Geek version:
The number you choose can be shown as (10x+y), where x is your first digit and y is your second digit. When you subtract the digits (after you add them together), that is represented as (x+y). You are then left with 9x, so you can see it will always be a multiple of 9.

You suck... :rolf :goof

It was still fun.

lordairgtar
02-07-2010, 01:12 AM
But without any input into the game as in not typing but only using your head, how does it know? I even tried to not move my cursor to search the number and it still knew. It's De Debil!

70 cutlass 442
02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
But without any input into the game as in not typing but only using your head, how does it know? I even tried to not move my cursor to search the number and it still knew. It's De Debil!

your answer will always be a multiple of 9.

URLOZIN
02-07-2010, 01:13 PM
yeah but how do they know which multiple of nine it is?

DerangedPony
02-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Take a look at the list, all the multiple of 9s are the same gift. Each time to start over, the gift changes for the multiple of 9.

chargedformula
02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
haha, thats pretty good. it had me going for a minute. then you mentioned the multiples of 9 and sure enough, all of them are the same gift. i will have to see if my wife can figure this one out. i also thought it might look to see where your mouse goes to so i tried not to move it by the one i was thinking of.