PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin MMA bill...

wheelsofsteel
02-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Last week Doyle was supposed to sign a bill allowing MMA in Wisconsin. I read this in an article on yahoo sports when they were talking about New York signing a similar bill. Dana has been drooling at the mouth to get into Madison Square Garden for YEARS. Never the less within that article it mentioned Doyle signing the same bill. Has anyone heard anything if it was signed??

Would basically be the best thing Doyle ever signed. :rolf

07ROUSHSTG3
02-05-2010, 07:48 AM
there are mixed martial arts events in wisconsin. would this bill be for large PPV events or what?

twirkin50
02-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Would LOVE to see a UFC PPV event at the Bradley Center or Midwest Center. When we went to a UFC PPV in St. Louis there were a ton of fans, fighters, mma companies that spent the weekend there. Would bring a lot of revenue to the local area. It was pretty cool going to dinner at the local places and seeing all the fighters hanging out.

moels
02-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Would LOVE to see a UFC PPV event at the Bradley Center or Midwest Center. When we went to a UFC PPV in St. Louis there were a ton of fans, fighters, mma companies that spent the weekend there. Would bring a lot of revenue to the local area. It was pretty cool going to dinner at the local places and seeing all the fighters hanging out.

That is a great point! I would love to get to a UFC event in the state.

wheelsofsteel
02-05-2010, 08:58 AM
there are mixed martial arts events in wisconsin. would this bill be for large PPV events or what?

I agree. It confused me also when reading it because you are correct, there are MMA events being held locally. It must have something to do with being televised or something like that.

Car Guy
02-05-2010, 07:16 PM
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=62912

:dance